Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, 23rd of December 2017, 13:00 CET

images

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be hybrid 4-4-2. Busi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Paulinho midfield.

Vermaelen and Pique are strong in the air so not too concerned about their crosses.

FCBfan22

We must not lose this game. A draw would do.

I would field this 11:

--------------Ter Stegen--------------
Semedo---Pique---Vermaelen---Alba
---------------Busquets---------------
-------Paulinho------Iniesta----------
Roberto------Messi------Suarez------

Why? Roberto looked amazing in the last few games attacking-wise, so I would use him as a RW. Defenisvely, he and Semedo could shut RM's left side down and forcing Marcelo to stay back. I would go with Paulinho instead of Rakitić, because he can bully Modrić and Kroos off the ball. And I would still play Verminator, because Mascherano hasn't played a minute since he has been injured.

But the Valverde special will probably be:

Roberto---Pique---Vermaelen---Alba
---------Rakitić------Iniesta----------
---------------Paulinho---------------
--------Messi------------Suarez------

I hope that Valverde realises that Paulinho's worst games this season have been, when he has played as a CAM in 4-4-2 diamond. Whenever he has played as a CM, he looked more involved in the game. He also must remember the supercopa, the 1st leg, where the Marcelo vs. Robeto matchup didn't work particulary well for us.

MessiTHEgoat

we are on a 24 games undefeated streak, hope it'll continue after this game too. we can easily then break our previous record (39 games undefeated).

JamDav1982

Draw would be a great result but think Real will win.

To be five points clear of them having been away to Real, Ateltico, Valencia, Villareal and Bilbao still be decent for second half of season.

henias

We must not lose this game. A draw would do.

I would field this 11:

Semedo---Pique---Vermaelen---Alba
-------Paulinho------Iniesta----------
Roberto------Messi------Suarez------

Why? Roberto looked amazing in the last few games attacking-wise, so I would use him as a RW. Defenisvely, he and Semedo could shut RM's left side down and forcing Marcelo to stay back. I would go with Paulinho instead of Rakitić, because he can bully Modrić and Kroos off the ball. And I would still play Verminator, because Mascherano hasn't played a minute since he has been injured.

But the Valverde special will probably be:

Roberto---Pique---Vermaelen---Alba
---------Rakitić------Iniesta----------
---------------Paulinho---------------
--------Messi------------Suarez------

I hope that Valverde realises that Paulinho's worst games this season have been, when he has played as a CAM in 4-4-2 diamond. Whenever he has played as a CM, he looked more involved in the game. He also must remember the supercopa, the 1st leg, where the Marcelo vs. Robeto matchup didn't work particulary well for us.

Right, also with Roberto-Rakitic in a 442 setup is dangerous, it might end up in a total disaster if we are not careful. I would still hope it'll be a draw.

FCBfan22

PaulGOATinho > Rakitić

Start the Chinese Dragon in RCM and he shall mince Toni Kroos into tiny, tiny bits.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
10 seasons ago we hit the bottom. It was spring of 2007, last season for Rijkaard. Lost 4-1 at Bernabeu and even had to give them guard of honour. Remember how some players (Eto'o) were against it but Laporta intervened.

But it's always darkest before the dawn. Only few months later we began the great journey with Guardiola.

Home of Barca Fans