Rodrigo Hernandez "Rodri"

mia7007

I would consider bringing Van De Beek instead of Rodri, if we will sell Coutinho and look for creativity in midfield.
De Jong-Arthur-De Beek will be a good young trio

FC433

I believe Ndombele would be a better option. However, I am against crowding our midfield and I think we have enough midfielders.

Vahue

[tw]1128910075798724609[/tw]
I hope Barca are at least trying to get him, would be a great Busi replacement.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I believe Ndombele would be a better option. However, I am against crowding our midfield and I think we have enough midfielders.

Personally, I agree with this as well but if the rumours are credible it would appear Pep sees the opposite and while I struggle to grasp it, he has never been wrong when it comes to the position he knows best on the pitch

BarçaBarça

Can he and De Jong coexist in our midfield? I see De Jong as Busquets replacement sooner rather than later, but Rodri plays DM as well.

I'm not sure we need 2 young WC DMs :thinking:

abbbs97

Can he and De Jong coexist in our midfield? I see De Jong as Busquets replacement sooner rather than later, but Rodri plays DM as well.

I'm not sure we need 2 young WC DMs :thinking:

Rodri would be the perfect Busi replacement. De Jong plays higher up the field and in a more attacking role so they can co-exist together on the field.

I would love for Rodri to come here especially as his release clause is quite low (70m) for a player like him. But I want EV gone so I can be assured that Busi would be benched more for him.

Raketa10

Rodri would be the perfect Busi replacement. De Jong plays higher up the field and in a more attacking role so they can co-exist together on the field.

I would love for Rodri to come here especially as his release clause is quite low (70m) for a player like him. But I want EV gone so I can be assured that Busi would be benched more for him.

We don't need another midfielder unless we sell both Raki and Busi and that won't happen.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Barca should be in for him, he has all the traits of a Barca pivot. He has the ball skills and the defensive ability. He has enough speed for the position and has the height to compete for aerial balls. De Jong could be played instead of Rakitic. Barca would then have an ideal pivot and De Jong who has a combination of technical skills, defensive ability and can drive forward. Arthur can take the other position and develop as a controlling midfielder. Barca would have a great midfield capable of playing the familiar style, with enough defensive solidity. Vidal is great as a subsitute/rotation option and fillls the workhorse role.

I’d rather get Rodri over de Ligt even, as Barca’s options at centre back are not bad, and finding a midfielder of Rodri’s profile is harder than getting a good cb in my opinion.

Last edited:

FC433

Personally, I agree with this as well but if the rumours are credible it would appear Pep sees the opposite and while I struggle to grasp it, he has never been wrong when it comes to the position he knows best on the pitch

I have watched both. Rodrigo is pure CDM just like Casimiro, Busquets, Matic or Fernandinho. While Ndombele is more like a box to box CM who also can play as a CDM, like Matuidi, Vidal, Rakitic or Nainggolan.

Newcomer

I have watched both. Rodrigo is pure CDM just like Casimiro, Busquets, Matic or Fernandinho. While Ndombele is more like a box to box CM who also can play as a CDM, like Matuidi, Vidal, Rakitic or Nainggolan.

I agree.

Ndombele is terrible in that pure CDM role.

Home of Barca Fans