Messi983

Rodri+Hernandez+Villarreal+CF+v+Club+Atletico+RzsrxkaFSJnl.jpg

Club: Villarreal
Full name: Rodrigo Hernández Cascante
Date of birth: 22 June 1996 (age 21)
Place of birth: Madrid
Height: 1.90m
Playing position: Defensive midfielder

Rodri made his La Liga debut in April 2016 and has played some minutes last season but this year he has taken full advantage of captain Bruno Soriano's longterm injury problems and become unquestionable starter in Villarreal.

He renewed his contract with the yellow submarine until 2022 a few weeks ago but since his release clause is still only 20M€ there were rumours that Barça is considering him as a potential longterm Busquets's replacement. But today Marca is reporting that he'll sign with Atletico next summer. With Gabi already 34 it makes absolutely sense for Atletico to sign Rodri and he'd return to his childhood club where he played until 2013.

[youtube]AdOUf4lbo0E[/youtube]

Androutsos

Kid did good against us considering he had to carry that donkey that was playing in midfield alongside him.

Messi983

Yeah, Trigueros is one of the most underrated midfielders in La Liga. Don't understand why we never seriously considered him.

I also like Pablo Fornals.

Messi983

It was an open secret for months but Atletico has now officially announced the signing of Rodri .

[tw]999614017541984256[/tw]

Joan

He's from Atletico's academy. Remmeber us being linked to him. A steal, I'd say.

Riordon

Steal of the season for 20m. Looks very good, like a younger Busquest with more pace and Xavi Alonso-esque long balls. Can also get past 2 or 3 men easily. There were rumours us being interested in him but Atletico had him tied up very early. Same age as Arthur but miles ahead right now. Have some things I really miss in Arthurs play but lets see how he develop.

Last edited:

raki

Atleticco offered him a starting place because Gabi left. We have Busquets. Although him costing 20M and Lautaro 23M would solve the 5 and 9 positions heritage.

Well, cant have them all. I would not trade our squad with them :)

Riordon

LOL, just noticed his release clause is only 70m. That is ridiculously low. The best DM IMO this season, dude has it all.

A true DM unlike Rabiot, Arthur and De Jong.

Could be a option for us in a season or two when Busquest leave as a dont see De Jong as a DM.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans