Lliga | Round 16: FC Barcelona - Deportivo 4-0

raskolnikov

I don't have an answer. He just makes daft selections as he's been making them often. Doesn't mean he's a moron but he certainly is not a visionary or charismatic coach we all hoped for and this Barca deserves.
Yeah, sadly been a short term vision puppet thus far. Maybe he gets more confidend troughout the season and make smarter decisions regarding la masia.
Nothing we can do about it at this point but hope anyway. I just wish he would he get pushed more about this topic.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I'm not into that whole betting obsession. If this guy can leave out Semedo altogether, I'm not trusting him to make some of the sanest decisions.

If you lose, you put on Valverde avatar and stop bashing for a month.

FCBfan22

I think Valverde will field the strongest 11 minus Busi, because we have 6 days to rest the players. To solve the Busi problem, I would go with Rakitić at DM (he played well there for us and for Croatia) and Roberto at RCM.

---------------Ter Stegen-----------------
Semedo---Pique-------Vermaelen---Alba
------------------Rakitić-------------------
----------Roberto-------Iniesta-----------
-----Suarez-------Messi-------Paco------

That lineup should do the job. If we are winning 2-0 or more at the half, sub Iniesta for Paulinho. A bit later I would sub Paco for Denis and Alba for Digne.

PhilS

I think Valverde will field the strongest 11 minus Busi

---------------Ter Stegen-----------------
Semedo---Pique-------Vermaelen---Alba
------------------Rakitić-------------------
----------Roberto-------Iniesta-----------
-----Suarez-------Messi-------Paco------

Strongest 11 w/o Busquets, yes. But that does not include Paco. Paulinho instead. Bring on Masch, start getting him back to form.

DRRNraHX0AAXv14.jpg

xXKonan

Think Valverde is going to use Semedo in the Classico.

Roberto hasn't exactly been all that great since he came back from injury.

FCBfan22

Semedo benched again. Even when Roberto can play in either DM or RCM role, Valverde still puts him at RB. Hopefully Semedo comes on in the 2nd half and pushes Roberto into midfield. But looking from the other side Valverde probably saw that Semedo did better against RM than Roberto, so he decided to bench him today and play him next week.

So, the lineup probably is:

-------------Ter Stegen--------------
Roberto---Pique---Vermaelen---Alba
--------------Rakitić------------------
-------Paulinho------Iniesta---------
-------Suarez---Messi---Paco-------

With Paulinho in RCM, not in CAM and Iniesta playing, I expect a brace from Leo tonight.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans