CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

hulinat

I think so. Another reason is that over the course of the season, Paulinho has played better than Dembele. Given the recent play be the other choices available after the first 11, I'm sure Dembele will at least come on as a sub. This first sub is a critical role, could be the difference in this game. If Dembele can come on and spark things up off the bench, that is the sign that he deserves more starts for reasons other than his youth, his potential and his price.

Dembele has barely played this season so how can you compare the two? Besides Dembele has given an assist in almost every game he has played.
Valverde also likes to make his subs after 70th min so I'd rather Dembele start and Paulinho to sub him off.

FCBfan22

One (Valverde) does simply not play for 0-0 at home with Barca in the CL.

God, I hope I'm right. Because, I think, this could backfire massively.

Windhook

Valverde's Barcelona is rarely caught off guard on the counter attacks, that's one thing he accomplished this season. A 4-0 win over Chelsea with Dembele as MOTM is purely delusional, especially knowing we have a massive black hole in midfield due to Iniesta's injury.

bismp

I’m almost certain that EV will start Gomes and(if Iniesta is unfit)/or Paulinho,aiming for 0-0 or a narrow win.

If that happens,it will be extremely disappointing,even if we advance.

Being solid defensively,doesn’t mean that we should be TOOTHLESS offensively.This is the worst offense we’ve had the last decade,if not further back in the past.

How reliable is this?

I find COPE to be pretty reliable. I'm also inclined to believe this because Dembele was on the same team as the other starters in practice yesterday (credit to [MENTION=22475]FCBfan22[/MENTION]), while Gomes and Paulinho were on the team with the bench players.

henias

I find COPE to be pretty reliable. I'm also inclined to believe this because Dembele was on the same team as the other starters in practice yesterday (credit to [MENTION=22475]FCBfan22[/MENTION]), while Gomes and Paulinho were on the team with the bench players.

Hopefully. If it is, we are in for a treat.

BarçaBarça

I’m almost certain that EV will start Gomes and(if Iniesta is unfit)/or Paulinho,aiming for 0-0 or a narrow win.

If that happens,it will be extremely disappointing,even if we advance.

Being solid defensively,doesn’t mean that we should be TOOTHLESS offensively.This is the worst offense we’ve had the last decade,if not further back in the past.

Why are you certain of that? I for one think it is certain that we are not aiming for 0-0. We are at home, Valverde knows that, and Dembele has begun to be eased into the team + played against Juventus the last time he was available for Valverde in CL.

MessiTHEgoat

just come here to say starting vidal and paulinho over iniesta and dembélé is somthing EV would totally do. lol.

I don't want that 4-4-2 formation. it's true dembélé can't defend well but so does paulinho and gomes, they ain't bringing shit to our game.

chelsea ain't having a great form, losing to man u & man city with a shit perfomance. we should bury them for what happened in 2012.

BarçaBarça

just come here to say starting vidal and paulinho over iniesta and dembélé is somthing EV would totally do. lol.

I don't want that 4-4-2 formation. it's true dembélé can't defend well but so does paulinho and gomes, they ain't bringing shit to our game.

chelsea ain't having a great form, losing to man u & man city with a shit perfomance. we should bury them for what happened in 2012.

And when Iniesta + Dembele plays instead of Paulinho and Vidal, will you stop calling him defensive and conservative, then?

Home of Barca Fans