CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

BarçaBarça

ncojsic3ba301.jpg

Nice, one. They have no time to rest in the league, and could enter a bad spell during that period. Perfect for us.

Of course the draw could have been better, but I'm almost certain we will be in better shape in February, so I'm quite confident.

aaron101

Nice, one. They have no time to rest in the league, and could enter a bad spell during that period. Perfect for us.

Of course the draw could have been better, but I'm almost certain we will be in better shape in February, so I'm quite confident.

Yes, I'm with you on this one. I'm very optimistic about this tie. We may be unconvincing now but come February when we have Umtiti and Dembele.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we are unconvincing what are Chelsea then?
Oh, I forgot they have Kante so we should fear them. We only have Messi.

raskolnikov

Im happy with this match up. I have no hope for Real type draws towards a final and we wont win anyway this year. But im still annoyed by 2012. Its been a while since we played Chelski. Lets beat them!

Barcilliant

I don't understand people who think this is an easy draw. Chelsea will be motivated and they have always been a boogie club for us.

I actually favour them to go through. I hope we get some winter signings because with this current squad I can see an early exit.

Conte won't worry about the league and the two matches against City and Utd. Valverde on the other hand will which will make it hard.

Chelsea to go through in a hard fought affair 3-2.

BarcaOG

Banned
Not happy about this one. Chelsea is always a tough draw for us, their form notwithstanding. That said, their schedule ^^^ for that month is definitely the stuff of nightmares and I think we'll benefit from it. Conte might be sacked during that stretch.

Giginho75

not simple...
probably isn't the brilliant chelsea 16/17...
but always full of great players...

as usual it will depends on the shape of the teams in that time...

anyway barca favoured and for sure our opponents aren't happy of the draw.

ASordidGod

Tricky. It'll be similar to most games we play in that Chelsea will sit deep with men behind the ball. The difference is, they have Hazard and he will punish us if we over commit. My guess Conte will go with Hazard off Morata, then Fabregas with Kante and Bakayoko in mid, and then basically a back five. Their defence isn't great though; cut off the supply to Hazard, and I think we'll grind it out over two legs.

dmode

I follow Barca closely and am a huge Chelsea fan. Barca will win this easily. Because Chelsea is very good against sides that sit back (eg Athletico) and very bad against sides that press hard (eg Roma and City) Barca press a lot and Chelsea doesn't know how to handle it, as Chelsea's main outlet is via Fabregas and Hazard. If you prevent them from having too much of the ball, Chelsea will be neutralized

Birdy

I am not confident at all about this one..
Conte is maybe the best tactician around, can completely outfox any other manager
Unless we do not develop into a fluid dominant side until then - which i don't see as very likely - then we are probably out..

Home of Barca Fans