CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Carla Blaugrana

Well I'm not confident because Chelsea will be restricting Barca to long shots. I thought having bodies in the box, getting the cross in, letting chelsea try and clear it and then hit them when the Chelsea players are out of position.

In a way try to "hurry" them abit. I cannot seem to think of a tactic other than that. That's is a tactic Barca don't use!

Barca always struggle against "catenaccio"

Let's hope for three freekicks. Messi could score 1 from three chances.

Valverde's Barca lack of passing combination
deeper Messi role doesn't help, what Barca need is creativity and ferocity at final third, not at their own half
I agree with you, every time barca faced defensive (and pyshical) team, they got eliminated
vs Jose's Inter, vs Allegri's Juve, vs Simeone's Atleti, vs Di Matteo's Chelsea, vs Juup's bayern
I little bit worry Chelsea will give much pain

booge

deeper Messi role doesn't help, what Barca need is creativity and ferocity at final third, not at their own half
I agree with you, every time barca faced defensive (and pyshical) team, they got eliminated
vs Jose's Inter, vs Allegri's Juve, vs Simeone's Atleti, vs Di Matteo's Chelsea, vs Juup's bayern

That's why I suggested something totally different. More direct with crosses and numbers in the box. You've got to cause the back line of Chelsea to not just sit there.

Real Madrid would make easy work of Chelsea.

Carla Blaugrana

That's why I suggested something totally different. More direct with crosses and numbers in the box. You've got to cause the back line of Chelsea to not just sit there.

Real Madrid would make easy work of Chelsea.

I get your point
yes
Madrid full of long range shooter (Modric, Cristiano, Bale, Asensio) and strong in aerial duel
Barcelona could exploit Rakitic to give shoot from distance or set Paulinho along with Suarez as twin tower

booge

I get your point
yes
Madrid full of long range shooter (Modric, Cristiano, Bale, Asensio) and strong in aerial duel
Barcelona could exploit Rakitic to give shoot from distance or set Paulinho along with Suarez as twin tower

Yup, maybe even chuck paco in the equation. I would not play dembele in this one. Would be rendered useless.

Neeraj

Really looking forward to this game. All indications point to Chelsea trying to pull a similar defensive tactic, which wouldn't be very surprising considering how defensive they were at home. Unless we get the first goal relatively early, I'm going to be very nervous. If they manage to get a goal, it's going to be very difficult to break that bus down.

We need to start all guns blazing - not something we've seen a lot of this season. Additionally, we will need to pay two decent halves - not something we've seen our team do much of this season, if at all. We are a second half team, and in the rare occasion we play well in the first half, like against Malaga, the second half performance has dropped (yes, you can say we were in cruise control, but Malaga created too many chances with a man down).

henias

Because Messi drops deep with only Suarez upfront, there arent any decent players who can receive the ball upfront or go forward effectively except for Coutinho and Dembele. Paulinho can only work centrally behind Suarez but any wide area will render him useless. Gomes is not effective at all in the final third and lastly Vidal's passing and awareness is jackshit. Has been invisible in most matches.

eaman

Phew. I have been going around for the last hour thinking luis Suarez would miss the game with an injury. Only read the headline first time and went back in to read it and discovered it's Denis Suarez

TrueCule

I hope that we trash those Chelsea cunts and make a true payback for that lucky tie in 2012. They've been very poor lately, barely won against a Crystal Palace and lazely walking the pitch against City. I think that Conte is starting to lose the dressing room. Hazard has been publicly criticizing his game plan. This Chelsea side don't have any leaders like the 2012 side had in Lampard, Terry and Drogba.
The idea for this match should be to to limit Willian. Cut Willian from the game and you eliminate whole Chelsea attack. I doubt that EV will allow Willian's show again. I have full trust in the couch and in this team and I expect Barca to advance.

Home of Barca Fans