CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This needs to be posted

[youtube]V3i31jGPz3g[/youtube]

2 of our former members were there. [MENTION=70]maz[/MENTION] [MENTION=77]Fourteen[/MENTION]

FCBfan22

Just want to say this: If they smash WBA tomorrow, don't panic. Alan Pardew is one of the biggest frauds of coaches ever to coach in PL. Most of the team he coached ended in relegation zone / or were relegated as a consequence. He is totally tactically inept. Tomorrow's game won't be a good indicator of form.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They'll have more rest as they play on Friday and it's Hull at home so I do expect them to be energetic and maybe try to press us at first.

Joan

Just want to say this: If they smash WBA tomorrow, don't panic. Alan Pardew is one of the biggest frauds of coaches ever to coach in PL. Most of the team he coached ended in relegation zone / or were relegated as a consequence. He is totally tactically inept. Tomorrow's game won't be a good indicator of form.

Nobody talks of sir Alan Pardiola like that. :coffee:

FCBfan22

Nobody talks of sir Alan Pardiola like that. :coffee:

giphy.gif

Devils

Plan on watching this game in the airport before a 13 hour flight.

Please don't fuck it up. I can't spend 13 hours being more miserable than I already plan to.

Altomonte

They'll have more rest as they play on Friday and it's Hull at home so I do expect them to be energetic and maybe try to press us at first.
They play with 3 full days of rest, at home after a relatively easy FA Cup game.
We will have only 2 days of rest and have to travel to London, after having played Eibar on Saturday. Eibar is playing very well right now, in particular on their home field.
Conclusion: Play our best team on Saturday and risk defeat against Chelsea on Tuesday.
We just played a 0:0 game at home against Getafe, after a 2-day recovery after the CDR semi in Valencia. Who thinks that Getafe has a better defense than Chelsea?

FCBfan22

Out of this team we need to rest as much as possible against Eibar:

---------Suarez----Messi-----------
Iniesta---------------------????????
-------Busquets---Rakitić----------
Alba----Umtiti---Pique----Roberto
--------------MATS-----------------

The right mid/wing is a questionmark, because we don't know who will start there yet. I expect Dembele coming off the bench. Paco doesn't work. Personally, I wouldn't be against Vidal to help Roberto.

So, against Eibar:
Umtiti can play, because he was suspended today.
I would give Mina another game.
One of Busquets/Rakitić needs to play. Maybe we could do a half each.
Semedo should play at RB, since he is suspended in CL.
Messi should prefferably come off the bench.
Paco should play instead of Suarez.
Alba should be resting prefferably.

I'm really interested how Valverde tackles the Eibar game.

FinBarcelonafan

They play with 3 full days of rest, at home after a relatively easy FA Cup game.
We will have only 2 days of rest and have to travel to London, after having played Eibar on Saturday. Eibar is playing very well right now, in particular on their home field.
Conclusion: Play our best team on Saturday and risk defeat against Chelsea on Tuesday.
We just played a 0:0 game at home against Getafe, after a 2-day recovery after the CDR semi in Valencia. Who thinks that Getafe has a better defense than Chelsea?

I would gamble with LaLiga. We just can't play the best roster. Same sort of game can't happen vs Chelsea as it happened vs Getafe. We would get crushed by Hazard and Favregas.

Obvious starters for Eibar game. Dembele (is probably going yo be max. substitute vs Chelsea, so if he can he could play the whole game or at least 60 min.) Them we have Coutinho. He should play 90 min. I would play Mina the whole game and then Umtiti. Pique is injured, he needs rest.

Start Paulinho/Gomes as well. Iniesta/Rakitic and Busquets should be all on bench with Suarez and Messi. Play Paco and D.Suarez. I know we would most likely lose this game, but I don't care. We just can't have another bad result on away game again.

Clear starters vs Eibar:

Dembele
Coutinho
Semedo
Mina
Gomes
Umtiti (he can manage to play two games in short time. He's a beast.)
Digne
Paco
D.Suarez

Players who should be rested:

Messi
Suarez
Iniesta
Busquets
Rakitic
Pique

They all need break. Maybe even let Cillessen play vs Eibar.

We would still have small chance of beating Eibar and then we have fresh legs for our most important players vs Chelsea.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Out of this team we need to rest as much as possible against Eibar:

---------Suarez----Messi-----------
Iniesta---------------------????????
-------Busquets---Rakitić----------
Alba----Umtiti---Pique----Roberto
--------------MATS-----------------

The right mid/wing is a questionmark, because we don't know who will start there yet. I expect Dembele coming off the bench. Paco doesn't work. Personally, I wouldn't be against Vidal to help Roberto.

So, against Eibar:
Umtiti can play, because he was suspended today.
I would give Mina another game.
One of Busquets/Rakitić needs to play. Maybe we could do a half each.
Semedo should play at RB, since he is suspended in CL.
Messi should prefferably come off the bench.
Paco should play instead of Suarez.
Alba should be resting prefferably.

I'm really interested how Valverde tackles the Eibar game.

I assume Valverde will go with Paulinho in starting eleven like vs Real.

vlad

Abidal red card in 2nd leg, Henry penalty,Alex and Ballack non called yellow card that would have suspended them. The amount of bs that people would never remember about that game

Abidal deserved red card, what are you talking about?

MagIX

it will be a very tactical match.
Conte is very good at preparing a match tactically. But this year we also have a very good coach with regard to tactics.
I think that both teams will play very conservative without taking risks.
Chelsea will play more in order not to concede a goal than in order to score a goal, speculating on a defensive error or a goal from a corner.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Clear starters vs Eibar:

Dembele
Coutinho
Semedo
Mina
Gomes
Umtiti (he can manage to play two games in short time. He's a beast.)
Digne
Paco
D.Suarez

Players who should be rested:

Messi
Suarez
Iniesta
Busquets
Rakitic
Pique

That's too dangerous, if we lose and Atletico gets too close we'll be wasting even more energy in La Liga and won't be able to rest players. Some tough decisions for Valverde here, but I think resting only Iniesta, Pique, Messi and Roberto would be enough. I would go with this line-up:

Mats
Semedo-Mina-Umtiti-Alba
Rakitic-Busi-Paulinho
Dembele-Suarez-Coutinho

Home of Barca Fans