CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

gatsu

Iniesta or not, gomes or paulinho all that doesn't really matter. We only neew one man Messi. Always had.

When Messi is in form we are garanteed to win against anyone.

Joan

If anything, I highly doubt they'll press us hard. They don't usually play high pressing, and it takes practice, and Camp Nou is huge.

Paulinho had a bad game vs. Chelsea, didn't do what he was supposed to... but same can happen to Dembele. I'm not really confident about losing the ball and the counters, but would like to see Dembele in the 2nd half, when they open.

FCBfan22

If anything, I highly doubt they'll press us hard. They don't usually play high pressing, and it takes practice, and Camp Nou is huge.

Paulinho had a bad game vs. Chelsea, didn't do what he was supposed to... but same can happen to Dembele. I'm not really confident about losing the ball and the counters, but would like to see Dembele in the 2nd half, when they open.

The only problem I see with that is taht Dembele seems to me like a player who needs to settle into the game (like against Malaga, where he was bad for the first 10-15 minutes, but then became the best player on the pitch).

So, if you sub him on in the 2nd half, he will probably need some adjustment time before producing what he can.

JerseyAddict

Holy shit... So much bad predictions. Like this is Chelsea forum. Barça is better. Will score at least twice. No biggie... Can't wait for 1/4 final draw.

PhilS

Willian had a great game at Stamford Bridge. But keep in mind, the reason why he is not one of the top forwards in the world is that he is not that good often enough.

In CL, Barca is formidable at Camp Nou. I expect Chelsea to play with fear, Barca to exhibit the superior skill and resolve. Between Paulinho, Gomes and Dembele, they will hold down two positions well enough to allow Barca to go through. 2-0.

Joan

The only problem I see with that is taht Dembele seems to me like a player who needs to settle into the game (like against Malaga, where he was bad for the first 10-15 minutes, but then became the best player on the pitch).

So, if you sub him on in the 2nd half, he will probably need some adjustment time before producing what he can.

You are right. One could say it's due to Malaga playing with 10 men, but I don't think so. Same happened vs. Girona.

Must say, 15 minutes in the match, he stopped losing the ball. Was very good after that.

TrueCule

I also don't see why so many people on this forum are worried about this Chelsea side. The CL winners from 2012 had three leaders in Lampard, Terry and Drogba. This team has no leaders. The players are questioning Conte's game plan (eg. Hazard). They're slowly falling apart. We need to take use that to our advantage. And I have no doubt that EV will prepare the team and strategy optimally. The only thing they need to do is cut Willian from the game and that's it. We play at home where we're amazing in this season. No reason to panic, serioulsy.
Barcelona 2 : Chelsea 0.

Squad:

DYMI6v_X0AENFAw.jpg

eaman

Time to speed the play up and sit back a bit. Slow passing in midfield is useless against a parked bus. Chelsea will wait all day for the opportunity to pounce on ONE mistake

This is why RM are so much better in Cl. They can adapt and mix things up. Shoot from distance, crosses, headers, set pieces etc.

I do not want to see a repeat of that performance against Chelsea. Please no.

Why are our players so clueless against a parked Bus? If we are behind and need goals send Pique upfront along with Mina and board them aerially. No point farthing around with that tippy tappy shit.

What ultra defensive teams do real Madrid beat on a regular basis? They have had easy ties and a few teams that suited them perfectly like Bayern and psg. Remember real Madrid have a terrible record against atletico under simeone. They rarely beat them in the league and couldn't beat them over 2 90 minute finals. Only last year when atletico weren't as solid defensively did they beat them properly. We have beaten atletico plenty of times with their ultra defensive tactics

Home of Barca Fans