CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Neymessi

We could just pass the ball between us for 90 mins with sideways passes, Chelsea can't score a goal if they don't have the ball.

If we want to adopt this strategy Paulinho needs to be on the bench though.

You are saying this after the first leg where we did this very same thing and chelsea still managed to hit the post 2 times and score on a seperate occassion and we were lucky they made a defensive error and score and didn't make a single chance apart from that apart from that paulinho one?

Yeah, no.

Stoichkov1

You are saying this after the first leg where we did this very same thing and chelsea still managed to hit the post 2 times and score on a seperate occassion and we were lucky they made a defensive error and score and didn't make a single chance apart from that apart from that paulinho one?

Yeah, no.

In the first leg we still tried to score, we didn't play for the 0-0.

I'm talking about playing like Man Utd under Van Gaal.

Much2soon

For how shit Chelsea are, the way our game is plays into their strength.

It's going to be a tough one for sure, I see it 2-1 with a scrappy late winner from Paulinho.

wisconsincule

God I want Dembele to start so bad. If Iniesta is not fit he has to play for sure. Any combo of Gomes, Paulinho or Vidal with Busi and Rakitic is suicide. Going to be a tight one. Think it will be 2-1 us. Chelsea scoring after we’re up 2-0 and we get to have puckered buttholes seeing the game out.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not sure if I trust Dembele with the game. He's just building confidence and this game might put too much pressure on him.

henias

Not sure if I trust Dembele with the game. He's just building confidence and this game might put too much pressure on him.

It'll be okay, Chelsea will open up more space and Dembele can make decoy runs first and stop Alonso from pressing high. Doesnt mean he has to dribble like hell. Also, he will open up more space for Messi and Suarez as Chelsea need to keep their focus on all of them, not just Messi alone. (They use zonal marking) so Dembele can exploit the space on one side of the pitch which Paulinho failed to exploit last time. Lastly if we counter, Dembele will provide a hell lot of pace which we lacked the last match as well.

I can guarantee if Dembele starts Messi will score one or two. If not no chance of scoring and we might end up chasing a late game.

Horatio

You're welcome
It'll be okay, Chelsea will open up more space and Dembele can make decoy runs first and stop Alonso from pressing high. Doesnt mean he has to dribble like hell. Also, he will open up more space for Messi and Suarez as Chelsea need to keep their focus on all of them, not just Messi alone. (They use zonal marking) so Dembele can exploit the space on one side of the pitch which Paulinho failed to exploit last time. Lastly if we counter, Dembele will provide a hell lot of pace which we lacked the last match as well.

I can guarantee if Dembele starts Messi will score one or two. If not no chance of scoring and we might end up chasing a late game.

Zonal marking is kind of the problem because then he won't be able to draw out Chelsea players and there will still be too many Chelsea players in the box. I can easily see this game go with him getting the space to try 20 crosses from the right but not reaching players and him only getting more frustrated and it further diminishing his performance. He could be effective on the counter with his speed yes. He's also good on the corner so maybe we score from a setpiece with Pique header.

Last edited:

vlad

How do you see us scorin AT LEAST 2? Because I don't see us scoring at least 2 against chelsea.

We really need to up our ante and EV needs to smart up for once with his lineups. Dembele and iniesta both need to start. If he goes with a defensive approach to see the game off we are most definitely going out. We aren't atletico, and if we go out with a defensive mindset it most defnitely won't work just like it didn't in 16 when we played atletico away defensively because we had the 2-1 lead in first leg.

We need to play with attacking intent most importantly, not THAT attacking like going all out attack but still.

What if valverde starts dembele, and he manage to be weak link and chelsea exploits space behind him, score and barca is out? Majority of this forum would call valverde to quit.

Chelsea just doesnt suit barca, barca already played all in vs chelsea, 2009 they got lucky, 2012 they were out vs 10 players, its time to try something else, stability and safety before just attacking, barca does not need to chase score, chelsea needs, so valverde shouldnt go all in, too much to lose

Edit: barca will probably attack but not with all attacking players (messi, suarez, iniesta, dembele) i dont see dembele starting and i hope he will not

Last edited:

henias

What if valverde starts dembele, and he manage to be weak link and chelsea exploits space behind him, score and barca is out? Majority of this forum would call valverde to quit.

Chelsea just doesnt suit barca, barca already played all in vs chelsea, 2009 they got lucky, 2012 they were out vs 10 players, its time to try something else, stability and safety before just attacking, barca does not need to chase score, chelsea needs, so valverde shouldnt go all in, too much to lose

Edit: barca will probably attack but not with all attacking players (messi, suarez, iniesta, dembele) i dont see dembele starting and i hope he will not

Is it funny Paulinho was actually the weak link who kept misplacing passes? Right now only Dembele and Vidal suits the wide player as Paulinho doesnt work there when Iniesta starts.

Neymessi

I think conte made a mistake starting hazard as a striker which kind of neutralized him and he won't be doing that at camp nou at all. I expect a much stronger hazard on camp nou.

The team that scores first will win, simple as that.

And I would say the lineup EV goes with is by far the biggest factor considering our chances.

More scared about the lineups than the actual match.

serghei

We'll beat Celsea 2-0 or 3-1. And people will relax until we get our usual hard draw in CL a few days after, and the defeatist posts start again.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you guys. We haven't lost a CL match on Camp Nou for ages and you expect this Chelsea to beat us :facepalm:

They'll be extremely lucky if they score.

FCBfan22

[youtube]bnrDaPyweXk[/youtube]

Training live in 5 mins.

The old comentator is finally back.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans