CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Neymessi

Let's be honest for one second here. If we complain RM get favors from ref in CL we shouldn't have problem when someone says we got favors from ref in that chelsea tie.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
No what annoys me is fans saying we paid the referee off. Referee never did us favours by sending off Eric Abidal in the same match either.

Galning

Actually watch both ties and then come back and tell me "the refs favoured" us with a straight face. It's such a myth.

eaman

Actually watch both ties and then come back and tell me "the refs favoured" us with a straight face. It's such a myth.

Ya I remember Henry should have had a clear penalty in the first leg as he was dragged back while shooting and couldn't get a clean strike. Also ballack should have had a second yellow.

khaled_a_d

Abidal red card in 2nd leg, Henry penalty,Alex and Ballack non called yellow card that would have suspended them. The amount of bs that people would never remember about that game

Blaugranaa

It's impossible to predict anything. We don't know the teams' form by now and we don't know what's going to happen in the transfer window. I know Countinho can't play CL if he comes to Barca, but if Mascherano leaves and we get hit by injuries, like the one Umtiti is fighting right now, it's not sure our start-11 will be the strongest. If we met right now, things would maybe go our way, but things always change before these matches appear on the schedule. So let's safe the debate about the outcome for later.

The thing I look forward to the most is Valverde. He tends to play for the result instead of playing for the win. This may be a giant advantage for us because last season we got horrible results when playing away in the knockout-stage. This killed the excitement too quickly. I hope this won't happen again. A 1-1 draw would be perfect.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Only 9 days until this match.

Feeling pretty confident about it. I do expect Conte to play conservative but he wont be able to completely restrain his side playing at home so I see us with more space than we usually have.

FC B

Please EV, no matter what, no Gomes on Stamford Bridge and it should be fine provided we play as we shown up until now when motivated and fresh!

Each day that passes and every match that we play I'm getting less and less confident. All it would take is Hazard finding form for one night and Messi getting shut down. Our recent form is worrying and not a good sign heading into this tie.

Well, if we lose to this Chelsea we're clearly nowhere near as good as the La Liga table would indicate (like in 12-13), so, like I said, heads need to roll.

At least we'll be spared the humiliation Chelsea will receive in the later rounds.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans