CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
How anyone can possibly criticise Ernesto after the records he has set this season is a absolute joke.

All the old posters that came back seem to agree on this. The kids on the forum that came over from Reddit and twitter seem to live in a fairy world where Barca go out and win every match 4-0

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What records?

Points comparison by the 28th match week:

17-18:72 points
16-17:63 points
15-16:72 points
14-15:68 points
13-14:66 points
12-13:74 points
11-12:63 points
10-11:75 points
09-10:71 points
08-09:69 points

In other words,by the 28th match week,Barca has 69.3 points on average te last 10 years.Which means that this year’s team has 3 more points than the average.Wow,what an achievement.

1 - Considering the league has grown stronger and 2- considering our circumstances at the start of the season, yes.. I would say it is an achievement.

Horatio

You're welcome
What records?

In other words,by the 28th match week,Barca has 69.3 points on average te last 10 years.Which means that this year’s team has 3 more points than the average.Wow,what an achievement.

Poor framing tactic. You forgot to mention those 74 and 75 point seasons are actually the best two seasons of Barca pointwise. Only 2 seasons of Barca and one of Madrid's have gotten more points at this point in La Liga history. So yeah...solid achievement especially when you consider the pre-season situation.

Let's be completely honest here. Had I told you where we would stand as things are right now in September you would've attempted to send me to a mental insititute.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

What records?

With what was seen as by far the worst squad in that time and an average helped set by the greatest club side ever.

Yes it is a great achievement.

kobby

People seems to have a lot more belief in Dembele than I do. I really want him to succeed at Barca and I think he's one good pre-season with the team from achieving that. But so far, based on what's he's shown, I don't see where this unbridled belief in him is coming from. Like he's somehow the missing ingredient to smashing Chelsea. Suarez is our best CF and even he struggled against Chelsea in the first leg. Prime Messi-Iniesta-Xavi struggled against Chelsea. So I'm not that hopeful Dembele will offer something exceptional tonight (if he plays).

P.S.
How do I "like" someone's post? Like how Hamzah liked Poor_Sunyol's post above? I can't see the option for that.

Cebela

Poor framing tactic. You forgot to mention those 74 and 75 point seasons are actually the best two seasons of Barca pointwise. Only 2 seasons of Barca and one of Madrid's have gotten more points at this point in La Liga history. So yeah...solid achievement especially when you consider the pre-season situation.

Indeed only twice we had more points and it wasnt more than 3 points so that is not a big achivement...and also you shouldnt calculate this years points to see where we stand average wise...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People seems to have a lot more belief in Dembele than I do. I really want him to succeed at Barca and I think he's one good pre-season with the team from achieving that. But so far, based on what's he's shown, I don't see where this unbridled belief in him is coming from. Like he's somehow the missing ingredient to smashing Chelsea. Suarez is our best CF and even he struggled against Chelsea in the first leg. Prime Messi-Iniesta-Xavi struggled against Chelsea. So I'm not that hopeful Dembele will offer something exceptional tonight (if he plays).

P.S.
How do I "like" someone's post? Like how Hamzah liked Poor_Sunyol's post above? I can't see the option for that.

Think you have to rack up a bit more posts. 50 or so imo.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Bet you if Iniesta starts, Dembele won't.

I think they should both start, Barca are at home and should take the game to them with technical players.

There's also the other approach which is to keep it tight and make sure you don't concede first, play one workhorse. Then as Chelsea have to open up and actually try to score introduce Dembele who thrives on a more open game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think they should both start, Barca are at home and should take the game to them with technical players.

There's also the other approach which is to keep it tight and make sure you don't concede first, play one workhorse. Then as Chelsea have to open up and actually try to score introduce Dembele who thrives on a more open game.

I'd like to see both just don't think Valverde will do that.

Home of Barca Fans