CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

serghei

If he starts Dembele and we attack and we go out because Chelsea got lucky or something I will back Valverde 100%. But if we play conservative and lose like Mourinho did last night, Valverde for me is done.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
He would never play defensively at home and why would he? Chelski are just going to play 5 at the back, defend for their lives and try and hit on the counter or a set piece. Tonight is about patience, concentration and discipline. We must not get frustrated if we have a lot of possession and are not creating many chances, that is going to be Conte's game-plan. Remember that we go through if it is a 0-0 draw. If Chelski want to come and defend, then let them. They are the one's that have to score, not us.

behindbrowneyes

You never know with Valverde. He may be pragmatic but he threw Dembélé in vs Juve after having played just 2 or 3 games for Barça. If you can compare an opponent we faced with Chelsea it definitely is Allegri's Juve. Not the formation, but the tactical approach. Okay, it was just a group game , but still.

Have mixed feelings about the game. Chelsea is always a tough tie and they did a pretty good job in London. However, Barça at Camp Nou is a different beast in CL and I feel the team has left those extra % they didn't give in the last games in easier games. They needed the GOAT to score a freekick to win vs Atléti though.

Kuchi

Dont trust EV at all, prepping for a slow game with sterile possesion and a whole lot of drama at the end.

W/o iniesta we'll turtle up like against atletico..which to some was an amazing tactical play by ev...to me it was bullshit on a bad day for atleti..

My trust is in messi and him alone...but playing the workhorse and getting eliminated will be agonizing to watch..

Last edited:

vlad

Comments how barca shoukd trash chelsea because they are bad in PL, city and united won against them...

Short reminder 2012, they sacked coach after group stages, they had old squad, di mateo as a coach, far from top 4 in PL, and they kicked barca out and they did it with 10 players on camp nou, and barca with superior squad back then

that was good lesson for me, chelsea just doesnt suit barca, and position in domestic legaue doesnt matter, so It will probably be though match again until the end and not many goals

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Comments how barca shoukd trash chelsea because they are bad in PL, city and united won against them...

People just looking for excuses to criticize Valverde. Even if we win 2-1 people can say it was a disappointing performance and another coach would have won 4-0 here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Performances this season have been a bit underwhelming and I bet you vast majority of fans would agree.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Barca will be on the front foot tonight, it's a home game and the team has more rest than last time. I also expect Dembele to feature as he is more ready than last time.

bismp

How anyone can possibly criticise Ernesto after the records he has set this season is a absolute joke.

What records?

Points comparison by the 28th match week:

17-18:72 points
16-17:63 points
15-16:72 points
14-15:68 points
13-14:66 points
12-13:74 points
11-12:63 points
10-11:75 points
09-10:71 points
08-09:69 points

In other words,by the 28th match week,Barca has 69.3 points on average te last 10 years.Which means that this year’s team has 3 more points than the average.Wow,what an achievement.

pepi

We cant expect very good performances yet(especially in CL), but we can hope next season we are attacking team, at least most of the times.

Home of Barca Fans