CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

booge

anyone who's been paying attention to what i've been saying ALL SEASON will agree with me...

- obviously I care about result but also about our game play..GAME PLAY, GAME PLAY, GAME PLAY

- I've seen us struggling against teams, struggling against teams we should be beating....

- Severally, throughout the season i said our game play was terrible, lack of creation, players being out of form, no pressure, no enthusiasm.. never criticized Suarez btw b/c i knew he was going through a phase...but Rakitic is still the same player.. he's not world class..

- You guys didn't notice a trend all season?...terrible first half and turning it up in the 2nd half? why...over and over and over again, even against shitty teams.. much of why we succeeded was b/c of Messi and Suarez, NOT Valverde..

- i wasn't venting just because of the game against chelsea but the fucking trend...over the past weeks we have been struggling.. from Real soceiedad, Espanyol, Alaves, Valencia, Getafe, Eibar... we've been struggling and MANAGING, yes MANAGING to wins some of these games with terrible performances.. We can't keep on having terrible performances and hope to score somehow..

- Barca Fans need to open their eyes to these....

- Also, not a fan of him just outrightly leaving players out the team for no reason.. For example, Nelson Semedo... he was blazing at the beginning of the season, didn't have one bad performance but yet after one great performance sometimes he completely left him out the team the next game.. why? what does that do to his confidence? you answer that..

- while other players such as Vidal, Gomes, Dennis Suarez have been given opportunities over and over they have disappointed over and over again.. i mean over and over again.. r u guys blind or oblivious to this?

- He has to turn this around or we have a bigger embarrassment waiting for us....

Then how come apart from super cup only conceded like 15 goals all season LOL. Can't be that big of embarrassment awaiting.

omidferoz

Take messi out of this team and we will pretty much be a team like atletico madrid. No one can create a chance beside messi and sometimes Iniesta. But i will give it to Valverde, it is pretty fucking hard to score on barcelona this season. Chelsea didnt had anything beside their long range shot.

malvolio

i think(like always in the CL) all is in the details. swap paulinho with a midfielder that can actually pass and you have a different game. also rakitic had probably his worst game this season.

those two idiots killed off at least 3-4 promising attacks and put us on the back foot for chelsea to counter at will. suarez was feeding of scraps and tried to create something by himself, messi was coordinating attacks from the center of the pitch.

FC B

Considering our strenght on Camp Nou 0-0 away is a good result.

Disagree, not vs. a side like Chelshit or Pathetico.

Day after match, i think barca's approach yesterday was good, no need to rush on their goal, just play it simple and wait for mistakes, chelsea didnt have single clear chance, only long range shoots, where willian had his day, but thats it, they didnt outplayed barca, even at 1:0 barca wasnt rushing for that goal, instead they make chelsea to did mistake and 1:1, good result on though match.

From 10 points, i would give 7, on camp nou will be another story, they need to score goal, and its not gonna be potato pitch

Edit: i doubt valverde asked for paulinho, and rakitic cant suddendly become creative player, only thing i dont agree with him is not giving enough chance to semedo and s. Roberto should be in midfield

You wouln't have said that had it ended in a los 2/3-0.

Truth be said Barca was very lucky not to go down two or three thus badly losing and needing another remontada so early in the tournament.

EV also got ownend by Conte.

Neymessi

This is getting boring. You asked a question, have you seen any fan praising Lucho for his trophy count and i gave you that fan. Took me a minute. This is not rare. End of story, I win. Why do you keep talking about ignorant fan wishes or dreams?
Do you know what is subjective opinion? There are loads of Bayern fans who think Pep is completely trash coach and failed to deliver. Does that make him an average coach? It was quite common opinion among british fans and still is that Pep is very average manager and he only won because of great players. No, fan opinion means nothing. Coaches are very similar to any other team leader position in the world. Ever heard of some sales manager being trashed (although delivering triple results) by stating he just had good sales people. That is ridiculous. Average coaches do not deliver trophies, simple as that.

Subjective opinion? How about you then leaving me alone for thinking that lucho is average? AFAI remeber yu were the one who quoted me and started this lucho isn't average crap. Here is something you should know. I consider lucho average, most barca fans consider him average and most football fans consider him average too. And that is a fact.

Yes average coaches deliver trophies. Scolari is a shit coach and everyone knows that and he won brazil the WC. Because that brazil team was once in a generation kind. Same as our barca under lucho. Stop boring me now specially when you consider that subjective opinions are a thing.

vlad

You wouln't have said that had it ended in a los 2/3-0.

Truth be said Barca was very lucky not to go down two or three thus badly losing and needing another remontada so early in the tournament.

EV also got ownend by Conte.

How barca was lucky? What should valverde do about willian and long range shoots? Where was their most dangerous player hazard, maybe he was kept silent? Chelsea didnt have clear chance at home and thats a fact, they had 2 counter attacks from individual mistakes, but they didnt outplayed barca

Subjective opinion? How about you then leaving me alone for thinking that lucho is average? AFAI remeber yu were the one who quoted me and started this lucho isn't average crap. Here is something you should know. I consider lucho average, most barca fans consider him average and most football fans consider him average too. And that is a fact.

Yes average coaches deliver trophies. Scolari is a shit coach and everyone knows that and he won brazil the WC. Because that brazil team was once in a generation kind. Same as our barca under lucho. Stop boring me now specially when you consider that subjective opinions are a thing.

Im sure average coaches like lucho or zidane would win same amount of trophies as pep who is considerd top coach, zidane would probably won 2 in a row with barca back then, strange right?

serghei

barca should've gotten penalty and rudiger red chelsea were lucky lol

Hmm, both 50-50 calls. Ref did well I thought. Cakir and Felix Brych are the ones who match well with our game because they don't allow violent tackles.

Still dont have an answer as to why these supposedly incredible defenses we always struggle to create chances against always seem to concede 4-5 against Madrid, Bayern, etc. Could it be we’ve been subpar in the CL for years now? Nah, must be Milan and Chelsea’s awesome defense :lol:

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Still dont have an answer as to why these supposedly incredible defenses we always struggle to create chances against always seem to concede 4-5 against Madrid, Bayern, etc. Could it be we’ve bern subpar in the CL for years now? Nah, must be Milan and Chelsea’s awesome defense :lol:

It has already been answered, it's because they play different style than ours, counters, countless crosses, headers. If we played like that people would be screaming that this need to stop asap because it's not our philosophy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It has already been answered, it's because they play different style than ours, counters, countless crosses, headers. If we played like that people would be screaming that this need to stop asap because it's not our philosophy.

Would rather play that way than the mess right now.

Problem though......with the current set of players we cannot play according to our philosophy or close to what Real Madrid are doing. It's incredible how our fastest players in the current lineup are our LB and a CB. :lol:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Would rather play that way than the mess right now.

Problem though......with the current set of players we cannot play according to our philosophy or close to what Real Madrid are doing. It's incredible how our fastest players in the current lineup are our LB and a CB. :lol:

That's why we bought Coutinho and Dembele to add something different, creativity, pace, but now EV has problem integrating them. And he has to integrate not one, but 3 new players(Dembele basically is a January transfer), so it's quite a headeache for him.

Last edited:

Ah yes the “muh tiki taka styul” excuse. Never mind that we haven’t been playing tiki taka since Pep left.

Watch what Pep’s Man City do to Chelsea next weekend and then come talk to me about “muh styul.”

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only way to inject more pace into the team with the same 4-4-2 is to drop Rakitic for Roberto, move Semedo to RB and Dembele to RM. You'll get that recovery pace at RB and Semedo is decent at making runs off the ball even though our players never play the ball to him, except for the one game vs Real Madrid where he almost scored. You'll have Roberto who's more agile and quicker on the ball than Rakitic in the center of the field, able to go on runs to destabilize the other team and obviously some dribbling ability and pace with Dembele, able to stretch the field more being a natural winger capable of playing outside and inside.

Problem though is that we'll lose our backup RB that way, Rakitic has performed well and doesn't really deserve to get benched and well, how would you play the GOATs Paulinho and Gomes that way? :mou: Also, there's obviously question marks about Roberto doing well in the midfield.

ter Stegen

Semedo - Pique - Umtiti- Alba

Dembele - Roberto - Busquets - Iniesta

Messi - Suarez

At least it won't be as dull and slow and you retain some of your defensive shape :unsure:

I hope we get Liverpool or Man City in the next round so there are no MUH BUS MUH ITALIAN TACTIX excuses if we do poorly. Though honestly those excuses should have disappeared when Bayern destroyed us in 2013 with us hardly ever getting out of our own half.

Muh parked bus italian tactix isn’t a super secret special formula to beat us in the CL. We just suck in the competition. Bayern didnt park the bus when they beat us 7-0, QSG didnt when they beat us 4-0. Inb4 muh poseshun

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans