User Tag List

Page 65 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1209

Thread: CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

  1. #961
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by viper76 View Post
    With Gomes is 100% confirmed to start this game we going to lose 0-1.
    I'm not going to waste my time watching it at 1:15am .

  2. #962
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    2,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by putogusiluz8 View Post
    No team has had a good home performance so far these second legs bar Roma, even those that went through lost or drew. PSG lost at home, Man city lost, Tottenham lost, Utd lost, Liverpool drew. I hope this isn't a pattern that will repeat itself tomorrow. Maybe it's a just a british thing and PSG being bottlers thing.
    Probably just randomness. ManC and Liverpool didn't matter, though. (used it as a free day to save energy for later).

  3. #963
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    1,040
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t expect him to but Dembele should start. Between his trickery to beat a player off a dribble and his increasing productivity around the box, given we had none of that at the Bridge, is alone why he starts.

    I’m all for the pragmatic approach with a 4-4-2 away from home. At the Camp Nou however, we need to take the game to them, not be reckless, but remind them why it sucks to play here, and drain their energy and concentration out.

    I’d be more open to the 4-4-2 if it had worked better in the first leg but we still gave up turnovers, they still had chances and we were extremely lucky to get a goal out of that game. Tactically, we had problems dealing with their advantage through the center and we didn’t do enough with the overloads we did have on the wings. We didn’t shut them out enough defensively and didn’t create enough either to warrant a conservative line-up, which to me is a riskier approach then being a bit more offensive.

    The next goal is the winner most likely. I’m not saying we carelessly rush forward, simply including Dembele over Paulinho will make this game easier on ourselves. Making them run 3/4ths of the pitch every time they get the ball will be more preventative to them scoring than a roaming box-to-box midfielder, who while adding steel and legs, could give up a costly turnover to a team built to play off transitions.

  4. #964
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    12,599
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    I don’t expect him to but Dembele should start. Between his trickery to beat a player off a dribble and his increasing productivity around the box, given we had none of that at the Bridge, is alone why he starts.

    I’m all for the pragmatic approach with a 4-4-2 away from home. At the Camp Nou however, we need to take the game to them, not be reckless, but remind them why it sucks to play here, and drain their energy and concentration out.

    I’d be more open to the 4-4-2 if it had worked better in the first leg but we still gave up turnovers, they still had chances and we were extremely lucky to get a goal out of that game. Tactically, we had problems dealing with their advantage through the center and we didn’t do enough with the overloads we did have on the wings. We didn’t shut them out enough defensively and didn’t create enough either to warrant a conservative line-up, which to me is a riskier approach then being a bit more offensive.

    The next goal is the winner most likely. I’m not saying we carelessly rush forward, simply including Dembele over Paulinho will make this game easier on ourselves. Making them run 3/4ths of the pitch every time they get the ball will be more preventative to them scoring than a roaming box-to-box midfielder, who while adding steel and legs, could give up a costly turnover to a team built to play off transitions.
    I agree.

  5. #965
    Senior Member
    Joppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,271
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must start with an attacking minded lineup. Let Dembele play on the right flank until we have a 2 goal lead and then throw in supersub Paulinho on for him to make sure we wont concede.

  6. #966
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree. It's easier to mark a box to box midfielder since they use zonal marking than to mark someone out wide like Dembele and can easily stretch their defence since they need to mark Alba and Messi as well. Dembele will be gifted tons of space, even if they decide to man mark Dembele(unlikely), it will open up the width of their defence and allow Messi to exploit that. Paulinho can never function as a wide midfielder and Gomes is very wasteful in the final third.

    Dembele will provide alot more pace and transition as Chelsea needs to run back and forth during our counter and theirs, can easily tire them out with our bigger pitch. It doesnt mean playing Dembele means he will rush at defence or dribble alone. He will make runs and thats what we need: alot of movement and pace to throw them off focus.

    Conservative approach just seems more risky imo. Whoever scores first wins.

  7. #967
    Senior Member
    Neeraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 hours left. Cannot wait!

    Boy is Iniesta crucial for us; especially considering how important he's been for us against Chelsea in the past. From what I'm seeing everywhere, looks like he's going to make it
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

  8. #968
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana Bull View Post
    Messi and Busi would probably beat them 2on9 though.
    this

  9. #969
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,592
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    Must start with an attacking minded lineup. Let Dembele play on the right flank until we have a 2 goal lead and then throw in supersub Paulinho on for him to make sure we wont concede.
    Lmao Valverde is Mourinho mark two. He will only push the game hard if we are behind. He will start 442 and change if things don't look good. If we attack it must be varied. Not the same old pass to death type of attacking. Would like to see Pique push forward at times a auxiliary cf with Rakitic and Busquets covering for him. I've noticed whenever we push Pique forward he gives the opposition problems.

  10. #970
    Senior Member
    vlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next coach should be paco jemez, so fans who are comparing valverde to mourinho should be satisfied, with paco, barca wouldnt win CL, but we will watch joga bonito football, with alot of goals, thats most important right, while teams like real, bayern, atletico, juve will reach finals

  11. #971
    Member
    Much2soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s no reason at all Dembélé shouldn’t be in the starting XI.

  12. #972
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Next coach should be paco jemez, so fans who are comparing valverde to mourinho should be satisfied, with paco, barca wouldnt win CL, but we will watch joga bonito football, with alot of goals, thats most important right, while teams like real, bayern, atletico, juve will reach finals
    Dafuq are you talking about.

  13. #973
    Senior Member
    raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,802
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Next coach should be paco jemez, so fans who are comparing valverde to mourinho should be satisfied, with paco, barca wouldnt win CL, but we will watch joga bonito football, with alot of goals, thats most important right, while teams like real, bayern, atletico, juve will reach finals
    There is a different to clueless attacking and having an attacking approach. He should start with dembele and sub in Paulinho if we lead after 60 minutes. Valverde is a coward though so we will most likely start 4-4-2 and be 0-0 for a very long time. So we will be stressed as hell untill the end and either crucify or applaud Valverde for the result.
    I hope we score early though just to open the match up.
    6RACIES XAVI

  14. #974
    Senior Member
    vlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    Dafuq are you talking about.
    Why crying constantly about how valverde is mourinho 2.0, how barca is parking a bus, all this is not true, just overreacting, valverde should keep things the same, barca since 2012, reached semifinals once, got embarressed vs bayern, after going out from atletico easily, then winning cl with best attack in form, then again going out vs atletico snd easy loss vs juve, what was similar to all those fails in CL? Barca could not defend, they faced strong defence teams who were okay with waiting for that counter attack, barca had hard time break through 2 blocks of players, while all the time attacking and passing the ball around, pleasw dont tell me 20 old talent will change things, barca had best attack, and they got out 2 out of 3 times easily. If you are having enough to see other teams reaching finals and lifting thst trophy while not play "most beautiful football" then you should be okay with what valverde is trying now


    Edit: fact is, barca needs to be in best form of all clubs to win that competition, while others dont, if barca wasnt in form they would get embarressed
    Last edited by vlad; 14th March 2018 at 08:22 AM.

  15. #975
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Why crying constantly about how valverde is mourinho 2.0, how barca is parking a bus, all this is not true, just overreacting, valverde should keep things the same, barca since 2012, reached semifinals once, got embarressed vs bayern, after going out from atletico easily, then winning cl with best attack in form, then again going out vs atletico snd easy loss vs juve, what was similar to all those fails in CL? Barca could not defend, they faced strong defence teams who were okay with waiting for that counter attack, barca had hard time break through 2 blocks of players, while all the time attacking and passing the ball around, pleasw dont tell me 20 old talent will change things, barca had best attack, and they got out 2 out of 3 times easily. If you are having enough to see other teams reaching finals and lifting thst trophy while not play "most beautiful football" then you should be okay with what valverde is trying now


    Edit: fact is, barca needs to be in best form of all clubs to win that competition, while others dont, if barca wasnt in form they would get embarressed
    I think u keep missing the point.

    Playing Dembele doesnt mean all out attacking, there is still certain elements of conservativeness as compared to previous seasons. There's alot of factors why we lost, fatugue is one of them, lack of pace, injured Messi, one loss doesnt mean shit. Last seasons Enrique has alot of tactical errors and player problems. Drawing brainless conclusions from those few losses from Barca is nothing. If that's the case, I could also draw many conclusions from defensive teams that still lost countless times in the end. My point is we have a attacking power upfront and it would be stupid not to use it. There's alot of misconception that having a more attacking approach would mean we become less defensive. Not at all. On the contrary, it actually mean they only can counter from deep and cannot recover numbers upfront.

    If we are scared of Chelsea or Las Palmas, that what happens when we face Bayern or Manchester City? Even if we want to switch to defend and counter attacks, Dembele would be more useful. And would allow Messi to not be man marked too much.

    If u are so obsessed wih Bayern humiliating Barca, we actually conceded alot of from set pieces and had height and physique issues, unable win the ball aerially. Even if Tata at that time focused only on defending we would have conceded alot of set pieces as well. We were also unable to counter fast enough and Bayern dont need to do much to recover the ball. All they need to do is mark Messi and it worked.

    Our defence is much better now and have more positional disclipline and we have faster and taller players upfront like Suarez so it should be okay. Being scared all the time may eventually backfire.

    And Messi in the form of his life.
    Last edited by henias; 14th March 2018 at 09:15 AM.