User Tag List

Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1209

Thread: CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

  1. #271
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,390
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    If after following barca's last 2 seasons under lucho you still don't think he is average then I don't want to argue. He was definitely average and was extremely one-dimensional in his tactics. His lineup selection were beyond retarded. We just luckily clicked at the right time with such a great team on paper and got a treble.

    Most fans right now would definitely call lucho average and if you go back in time just after the treble season happened you wouldn't even find one. Just goes on to show a whole season can be misleading for a coach. With the constantly bizarre lineup selection under EV, I am definitely not going to rule out the possibility that he is perhaps lucky.
    Time will tell.
    Yep a fraud who is undefeated in the league with the same team of last year but without Neymar.

    11 goals conceded in 24 matches in the league, 1 in CL, best defensive record in Europe, better than Atletico and Juve.

    Truly a fraud.

  2. #272
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,912
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ergio_Busquets View Post
    Paulinho can't defend and is very slow.
    we need a Pitbull. Who would that be?
    Gomes can't defend and he is slow.
    So? Who? Hazard ia only one to creat in that Chelsea team.

  3. #273
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,083
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    we need a Pitbull. Who would that be?
    Gomes can't defend and he is slow.
    So? Who? Hazard ia only one to creat in that Chelsea team.
    The ideal scenario to keep Hazard under control would be Semedo+Roberto on that right side, but we all know that Semedo is suspended.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Valverde starts Roberto+Vidal and then subs on Dembele in the 2nd half when Chelsea is tired.

  4. #274
    Member
    Giginho75's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By now 4-4-2 system with leo and luis
    I think dembele' is a back-up this season...

    at stamford bridge has been always hard for us...
    not exactly the best moment for fcb now, at least for the performances...
    let's go!

  5. #275
    Senior Member
    Neymessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,763
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    Yep a fraud who is undefeated in the league with the same team of last year but without Neymar.

    11 goals conceded in 24 matches in the league, 1 in CL, best defensive record in Europe, better than Atletico and Juve.

    Truly a fraud.
    Edgy strawman BS.

  6. #276
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,630
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    I hope he plays his workhorse 4-4-2 against Chelsea.
    You hope we play 442, with workhorses? That sarcasm I'm missing?

  7. #277
    Senior Member
    LeeRomeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    LOL ��. Lucho was and is an average manager. I loved him as a player but as a manager he clearly lacks many required qualities. He's highly strung, stubborn and tactically very average. I like him as a person because he's more genuine than say Pep but he's overall a very average manager.

    I'm surprised he's linked to the Chelsea job. He's completely the wrong fit for Chelsea.
    Yes sure, manager who has highest win % in our history and won 6 major trophies in 3 years is bang average. Pathetic attitude

    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    If after following barca's last 2 seasons under lucho you still don't think he is average then I don't want to argue. He was definitely average and was extremely one-dimensional in his tactics. His lineup selection were beyond retarded. We just luckily clicked at the right time with such a great team on paper and got a treble.

    Most fans right now would definitely call lucho average and if you go back in time just after the treble season happened you wouldn't even find one. Just goes on to show a whole season can be misleading for a coach. With the constantly bizarre lineup selection under EV, I am definitely not going to rule out the possibility that he is perhaps lucky.
    Time will tell.
    This statement is telling a lot more about "average fans" than about Luchos skills as manager.

  8. #278
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the best way to beat Chelsea is to exploit the space behind their wingbacks. We need players to occupy the wings and Dembele would be ideal for that because 1. He would provide more options in the attack and create more space for Messi and Suarez and 2. He would keep Marcos Alonso quiet and the latter can't go forward and support the attack as he often likes to do and Hazard would probably get instructions to support him in defense because Messi spend's a lot of time on the right side too. So although Dembele doesn't do much defensive work he can help Roberto indirectly by keeping the danger away from his side and at the same time Roberto will not have to do a lot of work in the attack and can stay back and this will help avoiding counter attacks and save a lot of his energy, as we know he tends to get exhausted early with all the work he does. A lot of Chelsea's attacking play comes from their wingbacks so if you can stop them from going forward you are doing a great defensive work and at the same time you have more players on the field who can score or create goals.

    Option1:

    MATS
    Roberto Pique Umtiti Alba
    Rakitic Busquets Iniesta
    Dembele Messi Suarez



    Option2:

    If Dembele doesn't start then we need Messi to play more on the wing because that's where he can find more space ,because as you would imagine Conte will try to crowd the midfield area where Messi is expected to play. It will be the same 4-4-2 formation but with Alba as LMF and Digne as RB. Alba as we know is great in supporting the attack and recently even scoring some goals and at the same time he is a defender and would provide a lot of support to Digne. So without doing much of physical defensive work Messi and Alba on the wings would stop a big part of Chelsea's attacking play which is created by their wingbacks. In this case we also don't have any of Gomes, Paulinho or Vidal on the field. Digne isn't a great LB but what he has been lacking there the most is the attacking work which he will not need to do much of in this line-up.

    MATS
    Roberto Pique Umtiti Digne
    Rakitic Busquets Iniesta Alba
    Messi Suarez

    Avery important thing this two options provide is the element of surprise which can be very helpful in unlocking Conte's parked Bus. In a game like this you need some unpredictability because Conte and his team surely have been analyzing Barca since the draw and to surprise them like this would interfere with their prepared tactics.

  9. #279
    Senior Member
    Neymessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,763
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    Yes sure, manager who has highest win % in our history and won 6 major trophies in 3 years is bang average. Pathetic attitude
    Your obsession with stats is morbid. You should support cr7 with an attitude like that since stats is all you need to make opinions.

    Lucho was definitely an average manager. Him having the best win % makes him better than pep no?

  10. #280
    Senior Member
    LeeRomeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    Your obsession with stats is morbid. You should support cr7 with an attitude like that since stats is all you need to make opinions.

    Lucho was definitely an average manager. Him having the best win % makes him better than pep no?
    Okey, so winning trophies is statistics for you. Brilliant!

  11. #281
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,630
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried. Based on form, probably should be but this season we've stepped up in every big match. Believe it's gonna be the same this time. Visca el Barca!!!

  12. #282
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,179
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    Gomes won't play in starting 11.
    Like Paulinho is any better....

  13. #283
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,912
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Like Paulinho is any better....
    He can at least score some pouch in

    But I don't rate high both.

  14. #284
    MessiCam
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    You hope we play 442, with workhorses? That sarcasm I'm missing?
    No sarcasm. I think the 4-2-3-1 is total crap.

  15. #285
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    2,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ergio_Busquets View Post
    I think the best way to beat Chelsea is to exploit the space behind their wingbacks. We need players to occupy the wings and Dembele would be ideal for that because 1. He would provide more options in the attack and create more space for Messi and Suarez and 2. He would keep Marcos Alonso quiet and the latter can't go forward and support the attack as he often likes to do and Hazard would probably get instructions to support him in defense because Messi spend's a lot of time on the right side too. So although Dembele doesn't do much defensive work he can help Roberto indirectly by keeping the danger away from his side and at the same time Roberto will not have to do a lot of work in the attack and can stay back and this will help avoiding counter attacks and save a lot of his energy, as we know he tends to get exhausted early with all the work he does. A lot of Chelsea's attacking play comes from their wingbacks so if you can stop them from going forward you are doing a great defensive work and at the same time you have more players on the field who can score or create goals.

    Option1:

    MATS
    Roberto Pique Umtiti Alba
    Rakitic Busquets Iniesta
    Dembele Messi Suarez



    Option2:

    If Dembele doesn't start then we need Messi to play more on the wing because that's where he can find more space ,because as you would imagine Conte will try to crowd the midfield area where Messi is expected to play. It will be the same 4-4-2 formation but with Alba as LMF and Digne as RB. Alba as we know is great in supporting the attack and recently even scoring some goals and at the same time he is a defender and would provide a lot of support to Digne. So without doing much of physical defensive work Messi and Alba on the wings would stop a big part of Chelsea's attacking play which is created by their wingbacks. In this case we also don't have any of Gomes, Paulinho or Vidal on the field. Digne isn't a great LB but what he has been lacking there the most is the attacking work which he will not need to do much of in this line-up.

    MATS
    Roberto Pique Umtiti Digne
    Rakitic Busquets Iniesta Alba
    Messi Suarez

    Avery important thing this two options provide is the element of surprise which can be very helpful in unlocking Conte's parked Bus. In a game like this you need some unpredictability because Conte and his team surely have been analyzing Barca since the draw and to surprise them like this would interfere with their prepared tactics.
    I don't see how Valverde would start Dembele. He played zero minutes vs Eibar and has played only few minutes after coming back from injury. He is not ready, I'm afraid.