User Tag List

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a chess match type of game.

Both Conte and Valverde are really good tacticians.

I think we can score in the first leg.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barça will score in 1st leg if players give at least 90% of their potential. That is not questionable. Bigger Q is will they underperform? I hope not.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    1. Dembele won't start.
    2. Coutinho isn't eligible for the CL
    3. Suarez can't dribble to save his life, he needs service
    4. Paulinho driving forward will leave gaps in our midfield
    Sadly you are right in all 4 points.
    But I don't see why those 4 points are even disscussed.

1. Messi will destroy them
    2. Iniesta will organize
    3. Alba will provide flank ammo for Messi
    4. Suarez will score
    5. Busi and Raki will close gaps.
    6. From 1-5 => CHELSEA IS TOAST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after the last games im not confident at all.
    Chelsea is a proven CL team unlike asspanyol, valencia or goddamn eibar

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madrid would beat this lot 7-0 on aggregate. We have serious issues if they cause us trouble.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we trash Chelski on Stamford Bridge 0-5 (Messi hattrick, Suarez, Dembele). Only that would heal the wounds caused today by the Useless Saint Qatar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    I hope we trash Chelski on Stamford Bridge 0-5 (Messi hattrick, Suarez, Dembele). Only that would heal the wounds caused today by the Useless Saint Qatar.
    This is how I’m feeling but after watching the matches the past two days I have little confidence it happens. At this point give me a 1-0 win at the bridge.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would start Dembele on the bench and see if the balanced Barca can do the trick first because you know if we don't beat Chelsea with 6 goals if we start Dembele he'll go back to being instant scapegoat around here.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to start Dembele against Eibar to give him a chance to gain some kind of form if you're thinking of starting him vs Chelsea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    Need to start Dembele against Eibar to give him a chance to gain some kind of form if you're thinking of starting him vs Chelsea.
    There's no way he is starting vs Chelsea. he is going to be substitute in 60 min. Valverde is not going to change his 4-4-2 system right before Chelsea game. He will play:

Messi, Suarez, Paulinho, Rakitic, Iniesta, Busquests, Umtiti, Roberto, Pique, Alba and Steigen.

My bet for opening roster vs Chelsea.

MAYBe Gomes instead of Paulinho.. That's my only change I would see Valverde doing.

Dembele is not ready to start in big games, yet. Give him couple more months.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. Something's not working for us right now, and that needs to change fast. Can't give Chelsea any chance to knock us out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele on the bench for the first half, tire them out with organised pressure conducted by Iniesta in the 2nd half put Dembele on and crush them.

That's how I would play this game.

Banned

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Would start Dembele on the bench and see if the balanced Barca can do the trick first because you know if we don't beat Chelsea with 6 goals if we start Dembele he'll go back to being instant scapegoat around here.
    We won't win the CL with this "balanced" Barca tactical setup. We might scrape by Chelsea using it by we will be promptly knocked out of the QFs by a better team if we continue with it. What we've seen in the CL historically and in this season in particular is that slow, rigid, predictable teams do not go far in this competition. We are not Juventus or Atletico either, before anyone makes that comparison. Those two teams also eventually lost in the final because they were not able to score more than one goal. At some point in this competition we'll be needing a goal or two but we won't be able to flip the switch and get them since there is no switch to flip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    We won't win the CL with this "balanced" Barca tactical setup. We might scrape by Chelsea using it by we will be promptly knocked out of the QFs by a better team if we continue with it. What we've seen in the CL historically and in this season in particular is that slow, rigid, predictable teams do not go far in this competition. We are not Juventus or Atletico either, before anyone makes that comparison. Those two teams also eventually lost in the final because they were not able to score more than one goal. At some point in this competition we'll be needing a goal or two but we won't be able to flip the switch and get them since there is no switch to flip.
    C'mon, Atletico was penalties away from winning and heck, penalty of Griezmann away from winning. Can't say they were close and Final vs Juventus was close game. Either team could have won it. Barcelona or Juventus. You can win it playing solid football. You probably need more of a luck, but we can't challenge teams in offensive football. That's fact. We couldn't with Neymar and we can't with Dembele.

and I don't even have to mention Chelsea.. They won it with pure luck 2012 or whatever year it was. It's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling they'll change something up for CL. Barca have been too predictable lately, so I think we'll see a more dynamic play. Hopefully it results in a couple of away goals and a clean sheet. Should go through anyway.