CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Barcilliant

This is the sort of thinking that has led us to becoming a mediocre team in Cl. While Rm prioritize the Cl and lift their game for it we always make excuses about the draw, refs, luck etc

The cl is the biggest competition out there. We have nothing to prove in Spain. We've dominated the league. We need to start winning the cl on a regular basis.
One cl is better than four domestic doubles any day.

KingLeo10

This is the sort of thinking that has led us to becoming a mediocre team in Cl. While Rm prioritize the Cl and lift their game for it we always make excuses about the draw, refs, luck etc

The cl is the biggest competition out there. We have nothing to prove in Spain. We've dominated the league. We need to start winning the cl on a regular basis.

lmao, if this was serie A or bundesliga, then sure. but titles in spain and england are hard fought and i'd say it's 2-3 league titles for 1 CL at most. keep in mind for us to win la liga, we have to beat RM/ atletico madrid (in recent years).

Alik

No it's not. You would be singing a different song if we lost 4 domestic doubles to RM.

gatsu

At this point I don’t care anymore about our chances in CL, I’ll be more than happy if someone just eliminate Madrid and deprive them from getting à third CL in a row.
Even If we have achieved great results thus far, to tell the truth I’ve always had this unpleasant feeling that something is off with the team, which mostly originated from a midfield lacking control and a creativity depending solely on Messi. Like said a few posts above, yes we were over-performing, now that half a season have passed we are back to what our level should be, which is an average team plus the best player in history. With some luck maybe it will be enough to get past Chelsea, but winning the whole thing is out of the question. Joke signings are coming to haunt us back.

I really hope I’m wrong.

Neymessi

With his lineups and rotations there is a good chance EV is just an average coach who is just luckily getting results. Who would have said after the treble season that lucho was an average manager?

I can't imagine someone being that good of a coach and make such dumb decisions contantly.

LeeRomeno

With his lineups and rotations there is a good chance EV is just an average coach who is just luckily getting results. Who would have said after the treble season that lucho was an average manager?

I can't imagine someone being that good of a coach and make such dumb decisions contantly.

No average manager would win a treble. You do realize how rare this is?

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno

Not that Lucho was average, but the individual brilliances of MSN took us to a whole level in the right times. I mean, before the Atletico match if I’m correct, Lucho’s job was somewhat in jeopardy from the Sociedad away match (and all the drama from January) in 2015. Guess what he’s trying to say is that Lucho got truly exposed in hindsight from the later seasons whenever most teams had us figured out, when Lucho was probably too stubborn to innovate barca’s long term plans from the tactics to the signings.

serghei

Ah, Barca fans. Always more jealous of Madrid's success than proud of their team's amazing achievements.

Barcilliant

LOL 😂. Lucho was and is an average manager. I loved him as a player but as a manager he clearly lacks many required qualities. He's highly strung, stubborn and tactically very average. I like him as a person because he's more genuine than say Pep but he's overall a very average manager.

I'm surprised he's linked to the Chelsea job. He's completely the wrong fit for Chelsea.

Neymessi

If after following barca's last 2 seasons under lucho you still don't think he is average then I don't want to argue. He was definitely average and was extremely one-dimensional in his tactics. His lineup selection were beyond retarded. We just luckily clicked at the right time with such a great team on paper and got a treble.

Most fans right now would definitely call lucho average and if you go back in time just after the treble season happened you wouldn't even find one. Just goes on to show a whole season can be misleading for a coach. With the constantly bizarre lineup selection under EV, I am definitely not going to rule out the possibility that he is perhaps lucky.
Time will tell.

Home of Barca Fans