CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

raskolnikov

Its fair to assume Valverde starts with the same line up as against Eibar. 4-4-2 meabs we concede little. Maybe he subs out Iniesta for Dembele/Vidal if we lead but im very sure we will start out like on saturday.

PhilS

Its fair to assume Valverde starts with the same line up as against Eibar. 4-4-2 meabs we concede little. Maybe he subs out Iniesta for Dembele/Vidal if we lead but im very sure we will start out like on saturday.

Yes, repeat lineup. Vidal's great pass leading to the goal against Eibar solidifies his role as the next choice beyond the starting 11.

No, Paulinho has not been terrible recently. Valverde is right, even when he is not in a scoring streak, Paulinho is clearly better than D. Suarez, Gomes, Vidal.

I hope Dembele can become one of the every-game players, but he has not shown this yet. I would not be surprised if he does not play Tuesday, needs some playing time in lessor games first.

Joan

More or less, Vidal is our best option. He has some experience as a RB, not good one, but should be enough to support Roberto vs. Hazard and can produce.

Their left side is their soft spot so it'd be huge if he turned up on the bridge.

Just heard I won't be able to watch the 1st half. Shit. Was really looking forward to the match.

5ergio_Busquets

Paulinho isn't a better midfielder than Denis or Gomes, all three are not good enough. Vidal isn't great either but he is definitely better than the mentioned 3 players.
If Vidal start's he will play on the wing and considering that Roberto might not go forward as often as he is used to because of Hazard, it would be good to have a winger to exploit the space behind Marcos Alonso. Vidal is also much faster than Paulinho or Gomes and this will also help defensively against Chelsea's counter attacks.

Joan

We don't really have a good option.

Can't remember Gomes' last won duel, not to mention Denis. Paulinho is not in good shape, worth noticing that he didn't have a sumner break.

Don't know. If Vidal is able to help the midfield and Roberto while making some forward runs, then he's my favorite for the spot.

Would love to see Dembele there in the 2nd half since that side makes tons of mistakes and will provide space to exploit.

Jurij

I feel good about this game even if Roberto has to play RB and Paulinho will start. In the return leg Semedo can play and Roberto can move to midfield. And Dembele would maybe even be back. I just don't see us losing if Semedo is playing. With him the team will be stable in defense and then Dembele or Roberto can then add the needed offense to the team. Even if we lose Semedo will save us.

LeeRomeno

"Any players came out with bold statements like "lucho did nothing", "it was all about us"." LOL. If lucho was actually an average manager according to you would you think players would have come out and said that?

Since 90s we had a good team but not this good that we have had for the last decade. Lucho is also part of the system just like cr7 is for his team. It definitely can be compared. You have again given me nothing but trophy count for luchos defense. I am not going to argue now since you are clingling on to this trophy obsession. He was shit in roma and you can make a poll on here and you will see most voting for him not being anywhere near special. We just had an excellent team.

Until you bring any argument from your side, I do not need to bring anything besides trophies really. Your only argument is that we had excellent players on squad, which can be applied to any coach for most of top teams in recent decades. Then again, only selected few have managed to win treble with those good players, Lucho "The Average" being one of them. He was shit in Roma? Not really, he was hired to make Roma "Barcelona" of Italy, make it stand out in Serie A and bring "beautiful" attack minded football to Italy. He was given an aging squad not suitable for that and limited resources. Also to be noted, he was not fired, everyone wanted him to continue, but he left himself as he felt he had no more energy left for the job.

Barcilliant

Valverde will be cautious. He will look to close the spaces behind. I think we will start very carefully and not throw players forward. This is an aging team which cannot press for long periods of time.

I reckon the second half will open up and EV will put on Dembele.

BusiTheKing

Vidal will have an absolute shocker if he plays at Stamford Bridge, I guarantee it. Definitely think that Dembele could have an impact. Also, I would worry more about Hazard running straight through our midfield than 1v1s against Roberto. The damage he can do with the ball at his feet, there are absolutely no players like him La Liga. We haven't faced a player like him in a long time and I seriously doubt that Rakitic and Busi a ready for that task.

Home of Barca Fans