CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Luiz4Chelsea

I really hope that one of Cahill/Luiz/Bakayoko starts...

Bakayoko is injured, and possibly Luiz as well, but don't forget that Cahill and Luiz (who if at all would play in midfield) are very experienced internationals who are well capable of rising to the occasion, especially when sitting back.

FCBfan22

Bakayoko is injured, and possibly Luiz as well, but don't forget that Cahill and Luiz (who if at all would play in midfield) are very experienced internationals who are well capable of rising to the occasion, especially when sitting back.

Yes they are.

[youtube]_5hyQY8M_NI[/youtube]

Luiz4Chelsea

Yes they are.

[youtube]_5hyQY8M_NI[/youtube]

Well together they won us the Champions League against Bayern and a miraculous Premier League title last year, and once again, Luiz would start in midfield with Kante if he plays, which he has done very well this season away at Tottenham.

jairzinho

The Bridge is no fortress.

Just look at what Bournemouth were able to do.

Their high pressing and pressure caused Chelsea all sorts of problems and they crowded out Hazard in the middle.

If we can replicate that approach it will be a good night for us.

gregorrin10

Don't know why, but i'm sensing Dembele in the starting lineup...here's to hoping he puts on a great performance and shuts every hater out there up!

Neymessi

rofl, so apparently just mentioning win % once in this forum among other information makes me obsessive about it.

Yes sure, i definitely told "win% makes lucho better than pep." Thats the exact quote from me. Impressive copy paste...
jeezh, where are the brains?
I mentioned win % among trophies won, because you simple cannot be average coach and have the best win % in history of club, it makes no sense. Cr7 had a great season, what does that have to do with absolutely anything? He is one player from 11 in a squad, while coach is responsible for leading all 11 and bringing the results.
Hilarious how trophies are misleading, thats the ultimate goal for any team, any player and any coach. You are claiming Luchos trophies are all just lucky lol?

No I am not claiming all lucho trophies are lucky 'lol', what I am claiming is that our players had way more contribution in them than lucho. We had a really good team under lucho and lucho wasn't anything close to special that made us achieve more than what we already were. You have only come up with win% all this time to defend him and nothing else, so yes you may not be obsessive but your opinion is definitely driven by the final result.

Lucho only had pep to compete since before pep our team wasn't this great and after pep we have had only him as a long manager. The manager with highest win % ever is very misleading here.

I never said thats the exact quote from you. I said that according to your logic this is what you should agree with. cr7 has a lot to do with this. He is also someone who 2 seasons back rode the euro and CL win hype to win a bdor where he didn't deserve it and everyone just voted for him because they thought like you that if he won trophies, it must mean he was better than messi. So yes trophies can be misleading. You haven't given a single example of how lucho was not average except win% and trophy count. If you followed barca extensively you would have known he wasn't anything more than an average coach.

FCBfan22

The most sensible thing IMO would be to start Paulinho or Vidal in that RM/RW spot and try to tire Chelsea. Then at the beginning of the 2nd half subbing in Dembele and destroy them.

LeeRomeno

No I am not claiming all lucho trophies are lucky 'lol', what I am claiming is that our players had way more contribution in them than lucho. We had a really good team under lucho and lucho wasn't anything close to special that made us achieve more than what we already were. You have only come up with win% all this time to defend him and nothing else, so yes you may not be obsessive but your opinion is definitely driven by the final result.

Lucho only had pep to compete since before pep our team wasn't this great and after pep we have had only him as a long manager. The manager with highest win % ever is very misleading here.

I never said thats the exact quote from you. I said that according to your logic this is what you should agree with. cr7 has a lot to do with this. He is also someone who 2 seasons back rode the euro and CL win hype to win a bdor where he didn't deserve it and everyone just voted for him because they thought like you that if he won trophies, it must mean he was better than messi. So yes trophies can be misleading. You haven't given a single example of how lucho was not average except win% and trophy count. If you followed barca extensively you would have known he wasn't anything more than an average coach.

Very interresting claim, care to back it up with something? Any players came out with bold statements like "lucho did nothing", "it was all about us". Things like win%, number of trophies won are facts, what you present is random speculation based on nothing. We had a really good team before Lucho as well, infact, most of time I have watched football, since 90s, Barcelona has has always pretty good team. Did Rijkaard have bad team? Did Pep inherit a good team? If you throw random statements without any backing up, you can just as easily claim Pep did nothing, it was just once in a lifetime La Masia generation doing everything.
Coaches for top teams are measured by the success they bring to the team, thats it, that is the KPI most of top teams give to the coach. We are in no way different. Highest win% surely is not the most important thing, but will certainly help if you want to win trphies.

Cr7 is a single player, Lucho is a coach responsible for entire team, those 2 cannot be compared. Also, we are not talking about Lucho winning Coach of the year awards here and me basing my statement on that. He was in charge of team with 1 brilliant, 1 good and 1 mediocre season and won shitload of trophies and because of that is not average coach.

I do not need to bring any more examples lol... I would need arguments if I would like to praise some mid-table coach who has turned around some small team, but when it comes to coaches for top teams, trophies are the main measurement and Lucho did great.

Neymessi

Lol, he's freaking ridiculous. This would be career highlights for most players. Stop him & the game is won.
[youtube]tuDinAxAI2w[/youtube]

Is this really of this season alone? This guy is a beast and holy shit chelsea players are extremely wasteful he really should have at least double assists if not for the poor finishing.

Neymessi

Very interresting claim, care to back it up with something? Any players came out with bold statements like "lucho did nothing", "it was all about us". Things like win%, number of trophies won are facts, what you present is random speculation based on nothing. We had a really good team before Lucho as well, infact, most of time I have watched football, since 90s, Barcelona has has always pretty good team. Did Rijkaard have bad team? Did Pep inherit a good team? If you throw random statements without any backing up, you can just as easily claim Pep did nothing, it was just once in a lifetime La Masia generation doing everything.
Coaches for top teams are measured by the success they bring to the team, thats it, that is the KPI most of top teams give to the coach. We are in no way different. Highest win% surely is not the most important thing, but will certainly help if you want to win trphies.

Cr7 is a single player, Lucho is a coach responsible for entire team, those 2 cannot be compared. Also, we are not talking about Lucho winning Coach of the year awards here and me basing my statement on that. He was in charge of team with 1 brilliant, 1 good and 1 mediocre season and won shitload of trophies and because of that is not average coach.

I do not need to bring any more examples lol... I would need arguments if I would like to praise some mid-table coach who has turned around some small team, but when it comes to coaches for top teams, trophies are the main measurement and Lucho did great.

"Any players came out with bold statements like "lucho did nothing", "it was all about us"." LOL. If lucho was actually an average manager according to you would you think players would have come out and said that?

Since 90s we had a good team but not this good that we have had for the last decade. Lucho is also part of the system just like cr7 is for his team. It definitely can be compared. You have again given me nothing but trophy count for luchos defense. I am not going to argue now since you are clingling on to this trophy obsession. He was shit in roma and you can make a poll on here and you will see most voting for him not being anywhere near special. We just had an excellent team.

Home of Barca Fans