CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

LeeRomeno

I have mentioned how his lineups were bizarre and how his tactics were totally shit in his final season and half of the season before that. Everybody here wanted him gone by the last season and it was clear he was just average. If he was such a trophy hotshot then many clubs would have been going crazy for him since he won so much trophies for us but no one is. He had weak rumours linking him to bayern which bayern fans didn't want at all to happen and now he has weak rumours of joining chelsea and chelsea fans don't want him either. Just goes on to show how he is nothing special. This is more than enough proof for his mediocrity. You are literally the only one here who thinks enrique was much more than an average coach and sorry you don't have any good arguments.

Lol what you just stated was how his last season went. Too bad we are talking about Lucho as coach for his entire stay in the club and the positives outweigh the negatives by a million and his achievements make him a great goach. As for Barcaforum opinion, you are obviously average if squad does not win treble every season according to this logic, cannot really take it too seriously. Also, I am pretty sure I am literally not the only one...

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
This game is tailored for Paulinho. His ability to pop up in goal scoring positions unsettled RM and I believe it would unsettle Chelsea. He's been poor last few matches but he'll step up for this if played.

Vidal is crap. It would be a huge mistake to start him in such a game.

Vidal is faster though and he could help out Roberto to defend against Alonso or Hazard, he can also put in a dangerous cross from time to time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Paulinho most likely will start, but I would choose Vidal.

Vidal for me too. I see this match as more tactical due to opponent/Conte and Vidal has more discipline to hold our shape. Paulinho to come in in 2nd half depending on result.

They shut down Messi and we won't be able to score, that has been the book on us in the CL for years now. Can't expect anything from Iniesta considering how much he's played recently and with a donkey at RM we'll be playing with 10 men. I think Busquests will be able to thread a couple passes through to Messi, but other than that I don't expect our front 2 to get any sort of service. Messi will drop into the midfield as a result and probably get pocketed by Kante.

Just pray we get the first goal, if we do Chelsea will open up and it will end 2-0 or 3-0 ala Juve and Madrid earlier in the season, but if they score first we'll be in for a long, long night.

:facepalm:

I actually feel ashamed reading this on the forum. Pathetic.

Spare us from your doom and gloom, it's getting tedious.

henias

If Chelsea decides to play from the back, we should press them as hard as possible, in this case, Paulinho will be a good use.

What I'm afraid most is if Chelsea decides to just ping the ball and sit back, stay compact and defend any away goals ,then in this case Paulinho will pretty much be useless and Vidal will be of better use.

It really depends on how Chelsea decides to play their game.

Also, the use of Paulinho centrally will force Rakitic out wide which he's not comfortable with. I still prefer if we can accomodate Rakitic instead of Paulinho.

jairzinho

Paulinho will start for sure.

Vidal can come off the bench and provide extra width if needed.

Paulinho and Raki worked well in the Clasico.

We were able to keep Marcelo and Ronaldo quiet on the left side.

Also Messi was able to drag Kovacic all over the place which really opened up all kinds of space in the middle for Raki and Paulinho to exploit.

I doubt Conte will make the same kind of mistake with Kante.

So I don’t think we’ll see kante man marking Messi all over the field.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Lol what you just stated was how his last season went. Too bad we are talking about Lucho as coach for his entire stay in the club and the positives outweigh the negatives by a million and his achievements make him a great goach. As for Barcaforum opinion, you are obviously average if squad does not win treble every season according to this logic, cannot really take it too seriously. Also, I am pretty sure I am literally not the only one...

You may no be the only one but your opinion is still very rare. And its not just fans. He isn't considered a great coach anywhere professionally and if he did he would have already been linked with plenty of big clubs which he wasn't. Ever seen any big team fan saying "Damn our coach needs to go. As for our replacement that enrique guy is great he won so much with barca". I read plenty of opinions online and interact with a lot of football fans in real life too and I have never seen anyone talk highly of him and wanting him to coach our team which is just proof enough. When mourinhio and ancellotti were available there was so much tabloid about them and fans talking about them all the time.

Neymessi

Its finally here and too bad I am going to miss it. Barca chelsea has to definitely be the best inter continental rivalry and any match between the 2 sides has never been average.

I have been looking forward for this match ever since 2012 defeat happened. 2012 and 2009 matches are extreme nostalgia for me. I have been wondering since 2012 when we would be drawn together and how the next match would look like because that 2012 tie was so painful. Its like our matches are destined to be legendary. Look at all the matches of 21st century between barca and chelsea. Hands down the best quality of matches between any two top clubs. El classico is always quality to watch but I think barca chelsea is better than that too.

For this thinking this could be boring match with an easy win for us are mistaken. Chelsea will be up for it, and so will we, and this match will be amazing. HYPE.

JerseyAddict

That Arabic commentator for the goal is an all time great,not just the passion but the words (really hard to translate tbh)

Well, I can't understand shit :) But I see he almost died from a stroke :)

Our national TV comentator also had a "stroke"...

[youtube]FbTa8LA3BZ8[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans