CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

serghei

Problem is accomodating both Rakitic and Paulinho, if we can get a player that has both their attributes, decent long passing and good physicality. Rakitic for one is terribly slow but if we are to break the bus, I prefer Rakitic for his control. We still really need an upgrade from Rakitic because he hardly offers anything other than passing.

Yea, Rakitic and Paulinho both have to be in top form for us to have any chance to control a game properly. And since they aren't very young, chances of that happening are slim.

Ken_rosseneri

Give this same team to Pep I think there'll be a massive difference.. Valverde is just blind..

I mean majority of Barca fans on here, on IG, on YouTube can't all be saying the same thing n be wrong...

FCBfan22

This defensive 4-4-2 would have worked good, if we had a great RM/RW player.

Oh wait, we have him. But he is playing at RB.

xXKonan

That Celta game, we had a number of chances to put that away but we didn't and we were defensively bad that match and yeah...

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
That wasn't the only difference.. Man city outplayed Chelsea very well.. possessions, chances also.. we didn't have a chance until the mistake from their defender no that was it.. that's all we did the entire game... let's not be biased

Was comparing the results since the previous post implied that City would trash Chelsea without breaking much sweat.

Worse horse this worse horse that.. this notion of having a work horse is stupid AF... who's the workhorse in Madrid? Man city?PSG? who was the work horse wen pep coached us?? All players should fucking run and do their job.. don't need no workhorse.. ridiculous

RM has Casemiro, they brought him when they realized that Isco-Modric-Kroos midfield is too fragile defensively and it worked for them. Our team is unbalanced, Roberto has trouble defensively, Iniesta is 33, Messi defends when he wants, so you need players that would take the defensive duties from them, nothing ridiculous about that. Hopefully with arrival of Coutinho and Arthur the midfield will become more balanced, but that's way into the future.

Giginho75

Analyzing the moment...

Point 1:
Barca is not brilliant now (mostly in the last 40 days)...
but the Liga is almost sure by now and there are two weeks to improve and to prepare the return against Chelsea.

Point 2:
in this CL so far Barca played four match away (Lisbon, Turin, Athens, London) and never been brilliant or did a great performance...but is also true that MATS took just one ball in own door.
Then, probably in Europe Barca doesn't dominate away matches as in the past (or maybe we score less than the past), but with Valverde we much improved our defense attitude (remembering the matches of Paris and Turin last year this is a great result).
Not easy for our opponents to create chance to score.

Last edited:

Neymessi

OMG, your original quote was this "Who would have said after the treble season that lucho was an average manager?"
Which should ring every alarm bell in every thinking person. Coaches just dont go from great to average in a matter of season lol. What kind of kindergarten logic is this: win treble - great manager, not win treble next season - average. Which is why subjective forum troll opinion means shit really.

When I said that I meant the general opinion of most users here because it was just one season and we won everything so it was tough to judge him. Forget trophies we played like shit and tacticless for a majority period under him and hence why he is regarded as an average coach. Stop repeating same BS. Its not just forum posters, no professional considers him great and thats why top teams aren't hiring him and rightfully so. You conveniently left my scolari WC example. Don't rope me in this dumb argument which is hapenning because you are extremely naive.

Alik

When I said that I meant the general opinion of most users here because it was just one season and we won everything so it was tough to judge him. Forget trophies we played like shit and tacticless for a majority period under him and hence why he is regarded as an average coach. Stop repeating same BS. Its not just forum posters, no professional considers him great and thats why top teams aren't hiring him and rightfully so. You conveniently left my scolari WC example. Don't rope me in this dumb argument which is hapenning because you are extremely naive.

What top teams aren't hiring him?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho will get a job.

Biggest mystery is why Rijkaard never got a top one after Barça.

Didn't he want it? Was he never offered one? And if not then why?

Home of Barca Fans