User Tag List

Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, if this isn't an easy win, we're not getting past the quarters.
    Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 14th February 2018 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    Really, if this isn't an easy win, we're not getting past the quarters.
    Not how it works.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    Not too fussed about "not being able to score". The ideal tournament team, in my book, is Atletico Madrid but with more firepower upfront. A well-drilled, energetic 2 banks of four with intelligent midfield pressing but instead of dross like washed up Torres, washed up David Villa or Adrian Lopez, 2 genuine world class forwards and Atletico win 2 CLs in 3 years, no question.

Well, that's what we have now. 2 well-drilled banks of 4 which do not concede or get outplayed plus Messi and Suarez upfront. I fancy our chances a lot more than with MSN + 3 midfielders of which 1 had to do Messi's defensive duties.
    Also ter Stegen is insanely good on penalties. Him instead of Oblak in 2016 and Atletico wins the CL.

Still think we can and should thrash Chelsea (mainly just want payback for 2012 ) but the rest of the CL we'll probably be relying on ter stegen and the defense to give us narrow wins. For some reason I get the feeling we're going to get into at least one penalty shootout.
    Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 14th February 2018 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    We haven't been good in a while. Look at our results lately vs so so teams like Espanyol, Valencia without most of their starters, Alaves etc. We are not in good form and that's the only reason why Getafe performed so well. We are just not good at the moment. We are struggling vs every team we play.
    Ever since the switch to the 4-2-3-1 we've been atrocious. Play the 4-4-2 against Chelsea like this;

-Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba-
    -Paulinho-Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta-
    ------Messi----------Suarez-------

or switch back to a 4-3-3 False 9;

----------------MaTS------------------
    -Roberto----Pique----Umtit----Alba-
    ----Rakitic----Busquets----Iniesta----
    -Dembélé-------Messi-------Suarez-

My preference would be the 4-3-3 because Chelsea usually play with 3 at the back.

I'm no fan of the 4-4-2 as everybody knows but we're toothless in a 4-2-3-1 and I can't believe that there are people that actually want us to play that shit show system.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    Ever since the switch to the 4-2-3-1 we've been atrocious. Play the 4-4-2 against Chelsea like this;

-Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba-
    -Paulinho-Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta-
    ------Messi----------Suarez-------

or switch back to a 4-3-3 False 9;

----------------MaTS------------------
    -Roberto----Pique----Umtit----Alba-
    ----Rakitic----Busquets----Iniesta----
    -Dembélé-------Messi-------Suarez-

My preference would be the 4-3-3 because Chelsea usually play with 3 at the back.

I'm no fan of the 4-4-2 as everybody knows but we're toothless in a 4-2-3-1 and I can't believe that there are people that actually want us to play that shit show system.
    You have obsession with formations. Messi roams the pitch to find space. Iniesta doesn't play wide whatever the nominal formation is. One guy already provided heat maps from last 5 seasons and it clearly shows Iniesta occupies same areas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    You are obsession with formations. Messi roams the pitch to find space. Iniesta doesn't play wide whatever the nominal formation is. One guy already provided heat maps from last 5 seasons and it clearly shows Iniesta occupies same areas.
    That's because it is critical to how Barcelona plays. Or do you want the players to play where they want? Like Coutinho, Paulinho and Paco... Since his move to a pivot role Rakitic is also all over the place... He doesn't know if he should be to the right of Busquets or to the left. It's total chaos.

Regardless of what you may say... Formations define spaces, roles and allow for your teammates to pick you out almost instinctively and as a result the ball keeps moving.

And no Iniesta does not occupy the same spaces. He is playing significantly wider...

This is 15/16

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0460.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	7674

This is 16/17

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	7677

And this is 17/18

Name:	IMG_0462.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	7676

In the 17/18 heatmap he is predominantly playing wide and in the half space on the left. Notice how often he is playing wide in the final third too. So no. Iniesta is not playing as a central midfielder. I can show his maps in the Champions League too if you'd like as well as his average position when playing with a double pivot and a single pivot.
    Last edited by MessiCam; 14th February 2018 at 09:06 AM.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that different at all. Valverde is fitting in key players in their best positions or closest he can and he is doing a great job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Each day that passes and every match that we play I'm getting less and less confident. All it would take is Hazard finding form for one night and Messi getting shut down. Our recent form is worrying and not a good sign heading into this tie.
    Messi getting shut down means any one of Coutinho, Dembele or Suarez getting an opening to slot one home. Those three are capable of beating their marker on any given day. Add to that someone like Paulinho able to charge into the box and present danger and you have some legitimate threats from Barca all over the pitch.

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
    Messi getting shut down means any one of Coutinho, Dembele or Suarez getting an opening to slot one home. Those three are capable of beating their marker on any given day. Add to that someone like Paulinho able to charge into the box and present danger and you have some legitimate threats from Barca all over the pitch.
    Coutinho is not eligible to play in the CL as he played in the competition for Liverpool this season.

Banned

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
    1. Dembele won't start.
    2. Coutinho isn't eligible for the CL
    3. Suarez can't dribble to save his life, he needs service
    4. Paulinho driving forward will leave gaps in our midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our current form I expact us to lose this game 2-0 .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right no Cou, even still this little 'drop in form' that barcaforum keeps referring too is no match for my PTC. With a team with this many weapons, I am very confident of our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a good feeling about this tie.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea WILL park a big bus. They know who they are dealing with, even though they lost to some small teams while trying to play from the back. Chances are slim and it will probably be a draw or a narrow win. We dont have much width or Dembele to dismantle the bus.

Banned

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a 0-0 or 1-1 at Stamford Bridge and a 2-0 or 2-1 at home. We should advance, but it won't be comfortable.