Lliga | Round 15: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 0-2

I'm almost certain that this going to be the starting XI:

Ter Stegen

Roberto-Pique-Verm-Alba

Rakitic-Paulinho-Busquets-Gomes

Messi-Suarez

Valverde is just too predictable. I hope that he rewards Denis for his performance and starts him over Gomes. There is no point getting mad at him starting Rakitic and Suarez anymore because that's become a given.

Barca83

Banned
what our midfield should be tomorrow: Roberto, Rakitic, Busquets, Denis

what Valverde will start: Rakitic, Paulinho, Busquets, Gomes

FCBfan22

What I would go with tonight:

-------------Ter Stegen-------------
Semedo--Pique--Vermaelen--Alba
--------------Busquets--------------
---------Roberto--Rakitić-----------
---Suarez------Messi------Denis---

Rakitić on the left, because Denis would drop into the midfield during defensive phase.

But now, I present you the Valverde special.

-------------Ter Stegen-------------
Roberto--Pique--Vermaelen--Alba
--------------Busquets--------------
---------Rakitić----Gomes---------
-------------Paulinho---------------
---Messi------------------Suarez---

behindbrowneyes

previa-del-villarreal-barcelona-liga-2017-18-1512912369320.jpg

The line-up Sport posted is hilarious. Rakitic as LA/M-hybrid. :lol: Expect Paulinho to play there if Valverde really plans a 4-2-3-1.

However, I like the idea of Sergi playing in front of Semedo. This could work.

FCBfan22

previa-del-villarreal-barcelona-liga-2017-18-1512912369320.jpg

The line-up Sport posted is hilarious. Rakitic as LA/M-hybrid. :lol: Expect Paulinho to play there if Valverde really plans a 4-2-3-1.

However, I like the idea of Sergi playing in front of Semedo. This could work.

If they posted that lineup with Rakitić instead of Paulinho in DM and Denis instead of Rakitić in LM, that would be believable. But as it stands, it isn't.

MagIX

It's a 4-4-2, as usual at the moment.
Probably we will play our usual 4-3-3 when Dembele is back.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There shouldn't be so much whining. It's winter and we are leaders of La Liga while playing without our star signing.
Valverde is not a magician. Has some unmotivated and completely out of form players and our performances suffer. He is no visionary either and has no charisma and that is disappointing but we shouldn't be overly negative either.

God Serena

There shouldn't be so much whining. It's winter and we are leaders of La Liga while playing without our star signing.
Valverde is not a magician. Has some unmotivated and completely out of form players and our performances suffer. He is no visionary either and has no charisma and that is disappointing but we shouldn't be overly negative either.

Our lead is quickly going up in smokes with the way he is managing the team. If we draw this game we'll have lost 6 points in the last 3 games. That's essentially 2 losses. Suarez is a locked in starter despite having less goals than Paco somehow and Rakitic despite being terrible and not looking like he cares gets to start every game no matter what as well. There's really nobody we can blame for this garbage lineup selection other than Valverde and I think it's ridiculous to try and blame his supbar roster for his terrible decision making, as the notion that he's doing the best with what he has is very, very far from reality.

Home of Barca Fans