Administrator
Staff member

Champions League group stage Round 6

20462440.png
-
30519022.png

Tuesday, December 5, 20:45​

--------

As Barca already secured the first place in the group we are bound to see some B players here. Alena, Arnaiz will finally be tested as those matches vs. Murcia weren't much of a challenge.

Is it me or is every new game and thread discussion just seems useless and boring now bcos I know for a fact who is Valverde going to play again? To be honest, his tactics have been getting draws and close wins for most parts but we never did seem convincingly dominant for once. It's got to a point where we seem to just pray for a win or Messi dong something. In so many years of watching Barca, I'm hardly expectant of anything anymore.

Yup, Valverde will run this team into the ground and it will result in a major collapse in the 2nd half of the season just like in 2015/16 when we had a small squad due to the transfer ban.

People complained about Lucho's rotations, but I'd much rather have a coach that over rotates than one that doesn't rotate at all. Not to mention our squad is old as dirt, most of our players can't play 2 times a week regularly, still stay fit and keep performing at a high level.

henias

Is it me or is every new game and thread discussion just seems useless and boring now bcos I know for a fact who is Valverde going to play again? To be honest, his tactics have been getting draws and close wins for most parts but we never did seem convincingly dominant for once. It's got to a point where we seem to just pray for a win or Messi doing something. In so many years of watching Barca, I'm hardly expectant of anything anymore.

Last edited:

henias

Yup, Valverde will run this team into the ground and it will result in a major collapse in the 2nd half of the season just like in 2015/16 when we had a small squad due to the transfer ban.

People complained about Lucho's rotations, but I'd much rather have a coach that over rotates than one that doesn't rotate at all. Not to mention our squad is old as dirt, most of our players can't play 2 times a week regularly, still stay fit and keep performing at a high level.

I still prefer Lucho. Lucho had suffered a terrible squad depth which isn't his fault to be honest, just when u thought the new season has new additions to strengthen the team Valverde actually made us experience Deja Vu and we are back to square one and are actually defending and playing cautious against the likes of Celta Vigo at home...

I dont care so much abt results at the start tbh, resting ur players is key and so is allowing more minutes for potential players on our squad while we wait for the winter transfer bcos there is always a risk where we are unable to get the players we want or the signing proves to be terrible again. We cannot always rely on the same players.

Anyway I just hope he could at least rest key players against Sporting and just experiment different players. If not we would be burnt out by late season, no doubt about it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The squad depth or quality was Lucho's fault as he requested and got most of his signings.

FCBfan22

Costas needs to start in this game. With Masche and Sam injured, Pique getting cards/making stupid decisions and Vermaelen's injury record, he needs to start in a less important game, before being thrown into an important Liga match.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
---------------Jasper
Semedo--Vermaelen--Digne--Cucu
---------------Oriol
--------Alena-------Denis
Deulofeu------------------Arnaiz
---------------Paco

---------------Jasper
Semedo--Vermaelen--Digne--Cucu
---------------Oriol
--------Alena-------Denis
Deulofeu------------------Arnaiz
---------------Paco

I think Messi's gonna start. Remember last year when we won our group with a match to spare and the entire starting XI except Messi was rested against Borussia Monchengladbach?

He should rest, but will pressure Valverde into starting him.

Home of Barca Fans