CL | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Sporting Lisabon 2-0

FCBfan22

I dunno, Gomes?

One thing is for certain if Gomes is a CB. Sporting just needs to cross the ball.

giphy.gif

Messi983

Gotta love how hard folks will twist and turn while doing your mental gymnastics to try and justify Valverde's shocking decisions. How about instead of this we just say acknowledge he's a coward and has little to no interest in utilizing our B team?

I'm not trying to "justify his shocking decisions", I'm trying to understand logic behind them. And my reasoning is a lot better than just saying he's a coward or Fraudverde as other people have called him. It's easy to just call him out with no further explanation.

Really, tell me why would he be a coward and not play this game with some B teams players under different circumstanes (if Barça B would be in a better position and/or if they'd play their league game only on Saturday or Sunday for example; or let's say if we'd play El Clasico on Friday so he'd need to rest his best XI, then I'm sure he wouldn't call up Messi, Busquets,.. for today's game). You have a better explanation than just saying he has no interest in using Barça B players? Or you just can't accept that it could be some logic in what I'm saying?

M

MessiCam

I'm not trying to "justify his shocking decisions", I'm trying to understand logic behind them. And my reasoning is a lot better than just saying he's a coward or Fraudverde as other people have called him. It's easy to just call him out with no further explanation.

Really, tell me why would he be a coward and not play this game with some B teams players under different circumstanes (if Barça B would be in a better position and/or if they'd play their league game only on Saturday or Sunday for example; or let's say if we'd play El Clasico on Friday so he'd need to rest his best XI, then I'm sure he wouldn't call up Messi, Busquets,.. for today's game). You have a better explanation than just saying he has no interest in using Barça B players? Or you just can't accept that it could be some logic in what I'm saying?

Crazy mental gymnastics...

At best 3 B-Team players would have been selected and maybe 1 or 2 make starting 11.

This is just scraping the barrel looking for excuses for this clown.

raskolnikov

I think Xavi's waiting for the Messi era to end before putting his name in the hat to be Barca coach and I think that's the perfect time for him to take over and lead us forward into a new age.
Yeah it definitly wont be soon. Maybe even post wc 2022. With him and Busquets you get the feeling they would be great coaches. But you never know how it plays out. I thought the same about Hagi or Roy Keane for example.

M

MessiCam

The only coaches that will value La Masia will be those who have been through a similar program.

Cebela

How can every idiot here be smarter then Valverde. It bliws my mind. There is a reason you are not coaches and he is...eat your chips

How can every idiot here be smarter then Valverde. It bliws my mind. There is a reason you are not coaches and he is...eat your chips

Getting a coaching job in a major league is more about having the right contacts than actually being smart; that's why most coaches are former players.

Valverde isn't some genius.

Cebela

He may not be genius but he definetly has a better football knowledge than bunch of forum geeks...and that what you said about contacts sounded like with right contacts someone from this forum could coach barca...valverde is a coah with a CV as a coah that is worth some respect..he tookover barca that was in big problems after neymar( all of you were convinced that we will fight for fourth place) and yet he is improving the squad, getting results with not so strong team...get your head out of your asses

He may not be genius but he definetly has a better football knowledge than bunch of forum geeks...and that what you said about contacts sounded like with right contacts someone from this forum could coach barca...valverde is a coah with a CV as a coah that is worth some respect..he tookover barca that was in big problems after neymar( all of you were convinced that we will fight for fourth place) and yet he is improving the squad, getting results with not so strong team...get your head out of your asses

dbqYZgt.gif

Home of Barca Fans