21 - Frenkie de Jong

Devils

BREAKING

Somewhat reliable FFPOLO says De Jong is the primary transfer target.

[tw]1019202938366058496[/tw]

Everyone else who we are being rumored with i.e. RABIOT is secondary.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
BREAKING

Then there is the risk of us going for Rabiot if we can’t get De Jong.

Also, do we want him this summer or next summer? I am just afraid that even if we manage to lock him down for the next summer we still go for Rabiot this summer as a temporary patch.

Devils

Then there is the risk of us going for Rabiot if we can’t get De Jong.

Also, do we want him this summer or next summer? I am just afraid that even if we manage to lock him down for the next summer we still go for Rabiot this summer as a temporary patch.

There are rumors circulating that we want BOTH De Jong and Rabiot. But Rabiot is not the priority and his transfer will be difficult due to PSG.

The club apparently feels that while we are adding Arthur, Alena and possibly De Jong to the team, that these youngsters and gambling it all of them is risky. After losing both Iniesta and Paulinho, ideally they would like to have a more senior experienced midfielder added to the squad as well such as Rabiot.

That and Gomes and Denis are largely deemed failures.

So basically we are looking at Iniesta, Paulinho, Gomes and Denis out. Arthur, Alena, De Jong and Rabiot in.

GOAT_SUAREZ

BREAKING

makes sense but we have to see what's possible.

My guess is it goes
1) de Jong
2) Kante
3) Rabiot
4) Thiago

Abeir Toril

It captures one's imagination, to train and develop youngsters, Alena, Arthur, de Jong. The latest also seems to be a gifted young player. But let's keep in mind that Eredivisie is more and more weaker and being a star there is no longer a guarantee that someone will shine if choose a more demanding level. There is already too much uncertainty, mediocrity on the bench among midfielders and attacking players. I would rather invest money into one player who could right now step into Iniesta's shoes 1:1.

El Barcelona

Rumor that Psg sporting director met with De Jong's agent. Source: Paris United. Not that it really matters, he already told that his dream is Barça

Edit: someone was before me. :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rumor that Psg sporting director met with De Jong's agent. Source: Paris United. Not that it really matters, he already told that his dream is Barça

Edit: someone was before me. :lol:

Just before you buddy. Literally seconds before.

Money can change people. PSG are in a position to offer Ajax a lot more for him. They're in a position to offer FDJ and his agent a lot more money than Barca, and they might even be in a position to offer him a bigger role than Barca.

More importantly, this is PSGs response to Barca going after Rabiot and being played by his idiot mom who is using our offer to blackmail PSG.

Stay away from Rabiot, improve relations with PSG(Abidal and Nasser apparently get along very well), so that we have a shot at Mbappe in a few years. Fuck screwing over everything over for a player like Rabiot.

I don't like PSG and the state behind them, and what they stand for, however, I can understand why they're so hostile towards Barca. Barca have tried to bully that club into selling us Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Verratti and it backfired everytime. Most clubs tend to keep cordial relations while Barca burned all bridges and tried to bully a team that didn't let them get bullied.

We did the same with Liverpool in Coutinho's case. It's a very shitty way of dealing with clubs. Underhand tactics that makes future deals a lot more complicated than it should be.

Last edited:

El Barcelona

Jup totally agree your post. Mbappe's signing gonna be a huge battle in the coming years, we can better be prepared for it. So Abi, do your thing. Haha

Joan

Money can change people. PSG are in a position to offer Ajax a lot more for him. They're in a position to offer FDJ and his agent a lot more money than Barca, and they might even be in a position to offer him a bigger role than Barca.

More importantly, this is PSGs response to Barca going after Rabiot and being played by his idiot mom who is using our offer to blackmail PSG.

Stay away from Rabiot, improve relations with PSG(Abidal and Nasser apparently get along very well), so that we have a shot at Mbappe in a few years. Fuck screwing over everything over for a player like Rabiot.

I don't like PSG and the state behind them, and what they stand for, however, I can understand why they're so hostile towards Barca. Barca have tried to bully that club into selling us Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Verratti and it backfired everytime. Most clubs tend to keep cordial relations while Barca burned all bridges and tried to bully a team that didn't let them get bullied.

We did the same with Liverpool in Coutinho's case. It's a very shitty way of dealing with clubs. Underhand tactics that makes future deals a lot more complicated than it should be.
Abidal and Nasser get along well? What's the story?

Raketa10

We won’t have a shot with Mbappe in a million years regardless of our relationship with QSG. Once you go there you ain’t coming out. Look at Verratti case. If you want to buy a player from them you basically have only one solution and that’s buying a player who is refusing to renew his contract. For that you don’t need to have a good relationship with Naser. :D

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Abidal and Nasser get along well? What's the story?

Nasser apparently invited Abidal to see how PSG work as a part of his learning experience to become a Sporting Director.

We won’t have a shot with Mbappe in a million years regardless of our relationship with QSG. Once you go there you ain’t coming out. Look at Verratti case. If you want to buy a player from them you basically have only one solution and that’s buying a player who is refusing to renew his contract. For that you don’t need to have a good relationship with Naser. :D

Sooner or later Mbappe will leave PSG and I doubt PSG will force a French (potential) superstar to stay. It's different than with Verratti as there will be a lot of pressure on them to let the guy leave to keep developing.

When that happens it's important both clubs are on good terms.

There's also no guarantee he'll sign a new contract even if they force him stay. He'll be 23/24 when his contract runs out. That's still very young.

Anyway this is not just about PSG. Barca should have a cordial relationship with every major European club.

Last edited:

Porque

Nasser about to spit his dummy again? What a surprise. Lets wait and see if there is any truth in this De Jong rumour. ParisUnited are the Sport of PSG.

gregorrin10

Hopefully Overmars is gonna stay firm and that they don't sell De Jong and De Ligt this year...we might still have a chance for De Ligt then as well, even though i really wish we would lock them both down this summer already and leave them on loan there until next year. But until they stay there, there is every chance to get both next summer as well. I just hope we sell both Marlon and Mina this summer though, so that when Vermaelen leaves next summer, that we're gonna be in need of another CB and that we go and get De Ligt alongside De Jong too.

Home of Barca Fans