21 - Frenkie de Jong

tacticvarium

Nothing wrong with other fans joining this forum. You need to listen to others' perspectives.

As I said, this is an open forum which means anyone can freely come and go. What I cannot understand is that they spend much more time here (which often leads to trolling rather than meaningful discussions) as if there aren't any online fan forums for their own clubs.

George_Costanza

You are a high priest in this cult

EV 110:2,4: "The Valverde shall send the rod of thy strength out of Barcelona: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. ...The Valverde hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Valverdism"

BBZ8800

Nothing wrong with other fans joining this forum. You need to listen to others' perspectives.

I actually quite like BOTH fans from other teams with totally different views and ideas, or our fans with different opinions.

Without those, this place would become delusioned place like Reddit where people don't see objectively due to Barca's glasses.

For example, regarding this topic, when you listen to our fans, people still think that new kids will come to Barca just because we are Barca.
People also think that we will stay No1 forever due to a history.
Plus, majority think that the difference between La Liga and France is way bigger than it is and are unwilling to see that it is not that huge, plus that it is very, very likely that a fame/quality of La liga will drop after Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Messi, Cr7, Neymar paired with oil money in EPL and in France.

I personally not only that I like to read opinions of other people (with opposite ideas) but I am quite interested to go on Arsenal's, RM's or other forums to read their opinion about our players and our club.
Do I have to say that regarding some topics/players/coaches, opinion here and the opinion outside of Barca's world is: night and day.

Then you have to ask yourself: are other people just bitter and jealous towards Barca, or the truth is somewhere in the middle, between our's and their's opinion.

tacticvarium

I actually quite like BOTH fans from other teams with totally different views and ideas, or our fans with different opinions.

Without those, this place would become delusioned place like Reddit where people don't see objectively due to Barca's glasses.

For example, regarding this topic, when you listen to our fans, people still think that new kids will come to Barca just because we are Barca.
People also think that we will stay No1 forever due to a history.
Plus, majority think that the difference between La Liga and France is way bigger than it is and are unwilling to see that it is not that huge, plus that it is very, very likely that a fame/quality of La liga will drop after Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Messi, Cr7, Neymar paired with oil money in EPL and in France.

I personally not only that I like to read opinions of other people (with opposite ideas) but I am quite interested to go on Arsenal's, RM's or other forums to read their opinion about our players and our club.
Do I have to say that regarding some topics/players/coaches, opinion here and the opinion outside of Barca's world is: night and day.

Then you have to ask yourself: are other people just bitter and jealous towards Barca, or the truth is somewhere in the middle, between our's and their's opinion.

There are plenty of general football/soccer forums for that.
However, this is Barça fan forum which is directly aimed for Barça fans.

xXKonan

Yeah, I disagree with the idea if there were no other fans on here we would end up like Barca Reddit.

We would still be tearing ourselves apart on here regardless. :lol:

Porque

This is a player that could have been a world class option for many years, who wanted to come here. Don't believe the stories about Frenkie not being sure where he will play, our midfield is aging and it would not be long to assert himself there. OK, so there is Valverde, so fair point.

If Frenkie does not come it is because we are not offering what Ajax want. Maybe they want too much and PSG are willing to offer that. Our problem is there is no long term planning. Roberto had his ideas and direction on a sports level, now it seems Abidal is looking to asset himself in a different direction and Rabiot or some unmentioned Ligue1 talent is prioritised over Frankie de Jong.

Givenchy

I don't think its that outlandish to think Frenkie chose the PSG project > Barca project but something very strange is going on behind the scenes at Barca.. you have Rabiot likely joining; not a bad player on a free but hes not a Barca midfielder and he also wants big wages + sign on fee. then you have De Jong, tailor made for our style and would fit like a glove - something rare

we also just got around 50mil for Paulinho so add 25mil to that and you have yourself 75mil, Ajax' asking price and the wages are no issues if were willing to pay so much to Rabiot. i loved Abidal as a player/personality for us but dude has dropped a bollock if we are getting Rabiot instead of De Jong

Arizona Scott

The difference between like a 12 mil sign bonus and 75 mil fee isnt small. Fdj is only 2 years younger but has had a lot less experience and competition. Time will tell who was the better deal. But in the rabiot route they may be able to get de ligt (needed if umtitis prospects are poor) or say timo werner or pepe as the suarez understudy. That 60+ mil may be better spent elsewhere than whatever overall upgrade of fdj from rabiot.

Kul_z

The difference between like a 12 mil sign bonus and 75 mil fee isnt small. Fdj is only 2 years younger but has had a lot less experience and competition. Time will tell who was the better deal. But in the rabiot route they may be able to get de ligt (needed if umtitis prospects are poor) or say timo werner or pepe as the suarez understudy. That 60+ mil may be better spent elsewhere than whatever overall upgrade of fdj from rabiot.

Difference is rabiot seems like another gomes incoming.
But, lets say we have rabiot, and why not to go for fdj? 75 millions. We could potentially be stacked for middlefield positions 10 years more or less. I think thats the fair price for what we could get

Lutece FC

KPMG has just published his study. Barca is number 1 in the world for in ratio Salary / Total Income.

Not surprising to not be able to take Frenkie De Jong after this bad management. Barto is the responsible number 1.

George_Costanza

KPMG has just published his study. Barca is number 1 in the world for in ratio Salary / Total Income.

Not surprising to not be able to take Frenkie De Jong after this bad management. Barto is the responsible number 1.

I spoke about this subject in details before in Rabiot's thread, saying that even if we take Messi's salary out we are still mismanaging payroll. KPMG confirmed we have the highest increase year-on-year (42%).

Jombi

I spoke about this subject in details before in Rabiot's thread, saying that even if we take Messi's salary out we are still mismanaging payroll. KPMG confirmed we have the highest increase year-on-year (42%).

Its a combination, as the big increase in staff cost is the rapid decline of the value of our squad, not simply their wages. Rakitic is probably worth 20m in the summer. Busi not much more. We havent replaced our ageing players with high quality younger players that increase in value so the squad value declines fast. There's Umtiti and possibly Dembele, but Umtiti's career might be over.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans