21 - Frenkie de Jong

Cule4life

The Culest
He was bad and neutralized by Germany 3 weeks ago. Imo, due to physique.

Let's see how will he impose himself against a physical team.
He is quite neutralized again.

You are gonna pull the physique card again after Arthur? :lol:

Are you that guy at the gym who keeps staring at the abs of others? :pep:

We'll make Frenkie do extra sessions in gym to keep you happy.

BBZ8800

Cule, the same against Germany.
One player is man marking him and he is invisible.
He can't get a pass from teamates.
And when he gets the ball, due to a man on his back, he is forced to play a backpass.

Ajax is virtually creating everything without De Jong.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Cule, the same against Germany.
One player is man marking him and he is invisible.
He can't get a pass from teamates.
And when he gets the ball, due to a man on his back, he is forced to play a backpass.

Ajax is virtually creating everything without De Jong.

They are creating up the wings and with long balls, due to clogging in the midfield. He's played as good or better than Van de Beek or Blind.

You say he got shut down against Germany? Those are normal, quiet performances that Rakitic gives 9/10 times he plays. He had a few good defensive stops in that game and has had a few in this one too.

He's also coming into the game offensively more so these last few minutes.

What is with this standard of being insanely hyper-critical of every single touch a young player gives but literally blanking out for entire matches when it comes to scrutinizing your beloved workhorse players?

Edit: honestly I wonder if you're paying attention to the game at all lol, both sides are bypassing midfield. Kimmich himself has not been able to do anything against Ajax's midfield. Not every player needs to be giving 10/10 at every moment, even if they are class.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I haven’t watched him much, but from an eye test, he does not seem to be more technically gifted than Rakitic is, whose ability is not that big of an indicator either. So far in this game he did not cope well with being pressed.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I haven’t watched him much, but from an eye test, he does not seem to be more technically gifted than Rakitic is, whose ability is not that big of an indicator either. So far in this game he did not cope well with being pressed.

Seems like a downgraded version of Pirlo who always completely disappeared whenever he was pressed.

He's already made some great forward passes in this half, getting the attention from the commentators for his slick play. 3 dribbles and a key pass already in this game, and as far as technical stats go in the Champions League he's no worse than Rakitic at all. Handily beats him in key passes/dribbles but Raki has 2 assists.

You can't say stuff like this after seeing him for a single half.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
:lol::lol::lol: please actually watch him for more than 10 minutes before making ridiculous statements like this. rakitic can't even do a 360 turn, let alone glide past players :lol:

De Jong is good at advancing the ball from deep positions, I am talking about press resistance.

Moreover, I see no urgent point in getting him unless him or Arthur are going to play as the CDM. Both De Jong and Arthur are pretty conservative with the ball and firstly worried about keeping the possession. For me, De Jong does not possess the needed characteristics (like flair and killer balls, not adventurous enough) to play as an advanced mid. As a CDM though I think he will look good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I watched him for few minutes while in the gym. Sell. Also, saw De Ligt getting a yellow. Also sell. :wacko:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
De Jong is good at advancing the ball from deep positions, I am talking about press resistance.

Moreover, I see no urgent point in getting him unless him or Arthur are going to play as the CDM. Both De Jong and Arthur are pretty conservative with the ball and firstly worried about keeping the possession. For me, De Jong does not possess the needed characteristics (like flair and killer balls, not adventurous enough) to play as an advanced mid. As a CDM though I think he will look good.

You speak way too conclusively for someone who hasn't seen him more than once or twice at most. He was beating the press just fine against Ngolo freaking Kante and Pogba. As well as outplaying Kroos the first time he played against Germany.

BBZ8800

in your fucking face haters, he started the move to equalize :lol: get fucked

In every action, ALL players from Ajax are touching the ball, lol.

They are moving so well off the ball that even Blind looks like primes Xaviniesta.

They are probably the best off the ball moving team.

As Te Amo said, just imagine having Busi, Arthur and De Jong trio.
3 pivots.

Home of Barca Fans