Full Name: Frenkie de Jong
DOB: 12 May 1997
POB: Arkel, Netherlands
Height: 1.80m
Playing Position: Midfielder
Current Club: Ajax

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like a very interesting player making waves in Netherlands. Might be worth following. We should do like Real Madrid and hoard as much midfield talent we can including La Masia and let the best players get the starting roles so if he becomes a player of such talent or quality, could be worth the punt. IMO, we obviously need quality right now which is why I'm in favor of bringing in Coutinho, but there's no harm in having Alenya and possibly Arthur or this guy in the midfield too. Rakitic has been on a sharp decline and Iniesta won't be here forever. It's better to invest in young prodigies before they end up at Man City, Bayern, Real Madrid or PSG.

Any inside knowledge or thoughts? [MENTION=20218]Origami[/MENTION]

[tw]934846718260101120[/tw]

[tw]935082912596230144[/tw]

Last edited:

MessiDinho10

He entered as a sub and made 3 assists against a week opponent. He’s very talented but he’s not even managed to get a starting spot so let’s not jump on the hype train. He should stay at Ajax at least until summer 2019.

Gilberto

He entered as a sub and made 3 assists against a week opponent. He’s very talented but he’s not even managed to get a starting spot so let’s not jump on the hype train. He should stay at Ajax at least until summer 2019.

Exactly. He is a promising talent but it is worrying that he hasn't even got a spot in the starting eleven of Ajax. Ajax is a top team of course, but in a pretty average league. Keizer (Ajax' manager) managed de Jong for an antire year last year (Keizer was the coach of the 2nd team of Ajax) and therefore he should know de Jong well. He must thus have his reasons for not playing de Jong. I agree with MessiDinho, he needs a lot of (playing) time before we can even consider him as a potential Barca player.

james baldwin

This kid just dominated PSV starting as a CB (!!) despite being a regista type central mid. He'd never even played there before and it was like watching Beckenbaeur. De Jong, Arthur, Houssem Aouar. Coutinho is a good player but whatever Barcelona pay for him is not anywhere close to his real value. Maybe these lesser known talents might be the way to go (though Barca is a different planet to the clubs they play for)

Amir1983

We'll be needing a new CB and a new midfielder.

If this kid can do both, let's get him before someone else does (+ he's not cup tied for the Champions League).

Riordon

He plays just like Iniesta, very good technique and drive with the ball. Him and Houssem Aouar have a quite similar playing style and I would like to see both at the club. But it would probably be overkill considering Alena as well. The point is that there are plenty of options instead of Coutinho, not getting him shouldn't be an excuse for not improving the team.

Gilberto

Yes, he played very well, but Psv played absolutely terrible. I know very well the Dutch league isn't what it once was, so it's very difficult for players to adapt to foreign (and tougher) leagues.

Xaviniesta

Apparently he does stuff like this while playing CB

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/HeartfeltMadeupElver' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='1280' height='720' allowfullscreen></iframe>

His runs remind me of Sergi Roberto's

Windhook

The classic Franz Beckenbauer type of CM/CB. Ajax are dealing their best players exclusively with Tottenham this decade so I don't see this kid at Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans