21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No shit we might struggle to pay up when we don't sell players when we should and keep handing them payrises like it's nothing.

A bunch of idiots running this club.

Sorin

Sell them Oriol Busquets and Puig for peanuts with decent buy backs after at least 3 or 4 years of contract with Ajax. Then these 2 can develop in a proper environment, helping Ajax along the way plus bagging them a decent sum of money in the future. Of course the players have to consent to the move. Don't know, to me it seems like a good move for everybody involved.

FinBarcelonafan

No shit we might struggle to pay up when we don't sell players when we should and keep handing them payrises like it's nothing.

A bunch of idiots running this club.

True. We seem to hold on to dead weight for far too long. Not good business but good retirement home for a lot of players.

Sorin

Only legends like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol and mayyybeee Busquets should be allowed to decide when they go. The others should be treated as assets and when their value starts to decline, should be sold ASAP. It's smart business and ultimately for the greater good of the club.

khaled_a_d

The footballing history of FC Barcelona and Ajax Amsterdam are closely intertwined due to the enduring influences of Rinus Michel and most importantly Johan Cruyff. We should cultivate this historic relationship and by no means try to damage it.

Hmm
Since Overmars took over as Ajax sporting director:
-We have allowed them to get Bojan & Cuenca in loan for free with friendly terms.
-In return, Overmars hijacked our deal to Davinson after it was announced, signed our youth GK and agreed terms behind our back. and trolled us at the end of transfer market.
-The only deal that happened between the two clubs with players coming to our side was Cillessen, who overstayed his time in Ajax and was sold for a fee that made him one of the top 10 most expensive GKs in history at that time. So more than fair deal to Ajax actually.
Overmars is all about business, there is nothing there to damage and we will be at fault if we even thought that "cultivating this historic relationship" will do us any favour. At the end when they decide to sell player it will be the one with most profitable offer that will likely get that player.

I fail to see the irrelevance to what I said

Leo_Messi

Hmm
Since Overmars took over as Ajax sporting director:
-We have allowed them to get Bojan & Cuenca in loan for free with friendly terms.
-In return, Overmars hijacked our deal to Davinson after it was announced, signed our youth GK and agreed terms behind our back. and trolled us at the end of transfer market.
-The only deal that happened between the two clubs with players coming to our side was Cillessen, who overstayed his time in Ajax and was sold for a fee that made him one of the top 10 most expensive GKs in history at that time. So more than fair deal to Ajax actually.
Overmars is all about business, there is nothing there to damage and we will be at fault if we even thought that "cultivating this historic relationship" will do us any favour. At the end when they decide to sell player it will be the one with most profitable offer that will likely get that player.

I fail to see the irrelevance to what I said

I did not state that relations are deteriorating and I am aware of all the examples that you have mentioned and I don't disagree. All I am saying is that it would be wise to keep this historical relationship close-knitted given the talent pool in the Netherlands and Ajax Amsterdam in particular.

Davinson eventually preferred a move to Ajax Amsterdam rather than a stint at Barça B in the Segunda División. I can't blame him for that. Nor is there such a thing as "hijacking" in professional football. Every club is hijacking transfer targets of other clubs each transfer window and outside of the transfer windows. No need to mention Malcom and 100's of other examples. He was just the most clear/most talked about example of such behavior this summer.

I don't recall the Onana situation in detail but from what I recall Onana himself wanted to move already in the summer of 2014 with 1 year left of his contract but the club refused to sell him. Instead he signed a deal with Ajax the following January (completely legal and what we are trying to do with Rabiot if rumors are to be taken for granted). I don't see any "behind the back" dealings here.

My comment was not about me thinking that Ajax, because we have close ties to them and vice versa historically, would refuse to sell De Jong to Man City or PSG if both those oil clubs (gas in the case of QSG) owned by primitive dictatorships were to make much higher bids. Just that Barça is a natural choice for many youngsters in Ajax and in particular for a player of De Jong's profile and that this should work in our favor.

Also let us be honest. The pathetic boards behavior (like with so many other clubs in the past hence our damaged/not optimal realtions with numerous top clubs in Europe) towards Ajax Amsterdam this summer (if media reports are to be believed) and constant media reports (no doubt that the board had a role to play here given the relationship between Mundo Deportivo and the current board for instance) that were attempting to destabilize Ajax and help force De Jong away from Ajax. Not to mention our frankly insulting offers (apparently).

Anyway all this is a part of the game and many other clubs other than Barça are doing it. Ajax are most likely using similar tactics against smaller clubs in the Netherlands. So I am not "crying" about it. Just saying that your examples are biased or at least Ajax can say the same about Barça throughout the years and probably more examples. However as stated, I agree with your underlining point which is that there will be no presents just because of a historical relationship between both clubs.

Last edited:

FC433

^
It is amazing how much did the market has changed in past half decade.

FCB revenue was about 365 million in 2010 and about 648 million in 2018

If FDJ price was about 75m that would mean his price would have been about 37m in 2010, which I think is reasonable.

For example, Benzema was bought for about 40m in 2009, Mario Balotelli for 29m in 2010. A better example, we bought Chygrynskiy for about 25m in 2009 while our revenue was about 308m

The market changed because clubs' revenues greatly increased; therefore it is expected.

FDJ: 75m is 11% of 648
Chygrynskiy: 25m is 8% of 308

I am really bad with numbers; what I am trying to say is that 75m is not really big for a player like FDJ if we compare it to our revenue.

Leo_Messi

Are we going to keep ignoring the fact that FDJ's father was referring to Barcelona's weather when he referenced their climate? :lol:

That's just another positive thing and among the many reasons why FC Barcelona has been attracting some of the best (if not the best historically speaking) players for decades. The quality of life is really, really good in BCN and Catalonia in general. Even more so as a millionaire. Nature wise this part of Spain (Catalonia) is also one of the most beautiful areas of Europe with much diversity (Pyrenees next door, the beautiful Mediterranean Sea, a perfect climate) and BCN is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Paris and its surroundings can't compete weather or nature wise (at all) or as a total package.
Only money wise and we all know why that is. Not due to past successes or hard work but luck at the right time when the dictatorial Al-Thani "royal" family were looking for a new toy to buy and the final choice was Paris and France (a relationship that is much, much deeper than just QSG alone thanks to corrupt crooks like Sarkozy etc.). Initially the Qataris wanted to buy FCB or RM until they learned that both clubs are owned by club members and that they can't be bought like a piece of candy, lol.

The new BBZ?

What? Who is BBZ?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

^

FCB revenue was about 365 million in 2010 and about 648 million in 2018

If FDJ price was about 75m that would mean his price would have been about 37m in 2010, which I think is reasonable.

For example, Benzema was bought for about 40m in 2009, Mario Balotelli for 29m in 2010. A better example, we bought Chygrynskiy for about 25m in 2009 while our revenue was about 308m

The market changed because clubs' revenues greatly increased; therefore it is expected.

FDJ: 75m is 11% of 648
Chygrynskiy: 25m is 8% of 308

I am really bad with numbers; what I am trying to say is that 75m is not really big for a player like FDJ if we compare it to our revenue.

32M was eredivisie record for sale, for an attacker, for epl club in 2015. 37M for a player from Ajax in 2010 was almost as expensive as David Villa.
This proves my point even more actually , Chygrynskiy was called as an overpaid when it is done and the club itself rejected the deal but Pep was putting his renewal on hold and the club was forced into it.
Benzema is more related to a deal of Mpabbe actually, he was the French phenomenal striker back then, he was playing well in every level and he cost 35M plus incentives. Don't tell me that 35Min 2009=180M in 2017, same for a player like Lemar too who was a midfielder in Ligue 1 and moved for 70M (after his value actually dropped from year before) while Nasri went to Arsenal for 15M a decade earlier.

Ascom

Don't put much hopes on this one really. father said there is no deal and it's fdJ that will make a decision. What he said doesn't put him an inch closer to Barça. If we really wanted i think we would get him but we are trying hard Rabiot so...

Instead of a midfielder trio in the future with puig Arthur FdJ expect in the enxt season Busquets-Rabiot-Rabiot

Home of Barca Fans