21 - Frenkie de Jong

BBZ8800

Like De Ligt we have to strike a deal right now with Ajax. We cannot wait for the summer.

De Ligt is the #1 priority , in my view.

Both for 150M. Ii guess Ajax would agree.

Sell Alcacer - 28M
Gomes - 30M
Denis Suarez- 20M
Rafinha - 30M

For the 1000th time, "high transfer prices" don't apply when a big team is selling players.

So:
If Rafinha would have been playing at Celta today.
And if his price would have been 20M.
Then, if Valencia wants to buy him, a price would be similar: 20-25M.
If Barca wants to buy him, a price would be way higher, like 30-40M.
On the other hand, after one season, if Barca wants to sell him and his worth is still 20M, Barca can get only 10-15M for him, since only crappy teams without money can buy him (not to mention that he will have high wages at Barca, so in order to sell him Barca will need to accept a lower transfer price so that a player can get a nice wage in a new club).

So:
Rafinha at Celta:
worth 20M
Wages 2M

Rafinha at Barca:
we need to pay 30-40M
wages 4-5M

Rafinha from Barca back to a small club:
Transfer 10-15M
= so that he could get 2,5 or 3M wages in a smaller club

Of course, these numbers are not a FACT, but just a rough example how things work.
And I hate replies like: the board is stupid or incompetent, since there are 100s of other market and economy factors involved.

Back to your post:
Who on Earth will pay:
30M for Rafinha, since none out of big team want him? Only someone like Inter want him and they could pay like 15M for him.
Denis? Which sane club will pay more than 10M for him? I know, Napoli wanted him. That ship has sailed, and who knows whether the story was fabricated by MD and Sport to raise a price of a player?
Gomes? I don't believe that we will get more than 20M. In fact, it is possible that he will be loaned till his transfer will expire and he will leave for free like Song and Arda.

So, imo, instead of Gomes 30, Denis 20, Rafinha 30, more realistic is:
Gomes even 20 is a doubt, Denis 10-ish, Rafinha 15-ish.

raki

For the 1000th time, "high transfer prices" don't apply when a big team is selling players.

So:
If Rafinha would have been playing at Celta today.
And if his price would have been 20M.
Then, if Valencia wants to buy him, a price would be similar: 20-25M.
If Barca wants to buy him, a price would be way higher, like 30-40M.
On the other hand, after one season, if Barca wants to sell him and his worth is still 20M, Barca can get only 10-15M for him, since only crappy teams without money can buy him (not to mention that he will have high wages at Barca, so in order to sell him Barca will need to accept a lower transfer price so that a player can get a nice wage in a new club).

So:
Rafinha at Celta:
worth 20M
Wages 2M

Rafinha at Barca:
we need to pay 30-40M
wages 4-5M

Rafinha from Barca back to a small club:
Transfer 10-15M
= so that he could get 2,5 or 3M wages in a smaller club

Of course, these numbers are not a FACT, but just a rough example how things work.
And I hate replies like: the board is stupid or incompetent, since there are 100s of other market and economy factors involved.

Back to your post:
Who on Earth will pay:
30M for Rafinha, since none out of big team want him? Only someone like Inter want him and they could pay like 15M for him.
Denis? Which sane club will pay more than 10M for him? I know, Napoli wanted him. That ship has sailed, and who knows whether the story was fabricated by MD and Sport to raise a price of a player?
Gomes? I don't believe that we will get more than 20M. In fact, it is possible that he will be loaned till his transfer will expire and he will leave for free like Song and Arda.

So, imo, instead of Gomes 30, Denis 20, Rafinha 30, more realistic is:
Gomes even 20 is a doubt, Denis 10-ish, Rafinha 15-ish.

bla blabla.

Mina went for 32. Paulinho for 50. Shut up. Alcacer is going for 30. Was anyone expecting that? No way.
Rafinha has proven himself in Inter and if sold we can get 25-30M for him.

MTL_Barca

We failed to get the price we wanted for Rafinha last summer and next summer he will only have 1 year left on his contract. And he will most likely come from a season with little playing time.

Doubt we get more than 20M, same for Denis. Paco was loan without mandatory buy option and showed some quality at Valencia, Mina was super hyped after the WC where these guys have nothing going for them that would impress anyone.

Getting 30-40M for Denis+Rafa still wouldn't be bad. Combined with the 23M we get for Paco and whatever we hopefully get for Gomes that could be a lot of money for our dead weight.

Best case would be we can sell them to the PL as well because thats where the money is.

Last edited:

soul24rage

We failed to get the price we wanted for Rafinha last summer and next summer he will only have 1 year left on his contract. And he will most likely come from a season with little playing time.

Doubt we get more than 20M, same for Denis. Paco was loan without mandatory buy option and showed some quality at Valencia, Mina was super hyped after the WC where these guys have nothing going for them that would impress anyone.

Getting 30-40M for Denis+Rafa still wouldn't be bad. Combined with the 23M we get for Paco and whatever we hopefully get for Gomes that could be a lot of money for our dead weight.

Best case would be we can sell them to the PL as well because thats where the money is.

I hope everton can come and buy denis and rafa for 45-55M :)

Jombi

I hope everton can come and buy denis and rafa for 45-55M :)

We'd be lucky to get even 15m for Rafinha and much less for Denis. Their contract is running out in 2020 and unless they are both loaned out in January and massively impress, I can see one of them going for free or close to free in the summer.

soul24rage

We'd be lucky to get even 15m for Rafinha and much less for Denis. Their contract is running out in 2020 and unless they are both loaned out in January and massively impress, I can see one of them going for free or close to free in the summer.

realistically i expect something like 20m for rafinha and in the 10m range for denis this summer. We need our buddy club everton to help us :)

Jombi

realistically i expect something like 20m for rafinha and in the 10m range for denis this summer. We need our buddy club everton to help us :)

When a player has less than a year left on his contract, his price usually halves. We didnt get 40m for Rafinha last summer so I doubt we'd get 20m next summer when he's not playing like he did last season with Inter.

El Barcelona

He's already learning Spanish. Don't think that is because he wants to understand pep better at city.. If we can agree a fee with Ajax he definitely chose us instead city or some other club.

soul24rage

He's already learning Spanish. Don't think that is because he wants to understand pep better at city.. If we can agree a fee with Ajax he definitely chose us instead city or some other club.

yep I think the only obstacle for him joining us would be the fee. Get the fee agreed and I'll think he'll prefer us than go to city.

Magyarkhan

And he wants to play with Messi which he stated on dutch television.... Barca should use Messi to convince FdJ...

Saladin

Rabiot is a new disaster in the making; a great player with obvious qualities but a bad fit when you consider the full picture.

We let Isco, Modric, Özil go to Madrid (and bought guys like Arda, Song, Gomes, Paulinho). All 3 Barca-fans, granted we were having the best midfield trio in the world at the time, but now it is a different story. Bring FDJ at all costs. + De Ligt. THEN look into additional squad depth if necessary.

raki

I would choose City in a heartbeat. Fernandinho is 34. Pep is the coach. No brainer.

Home of Barca Fans