21 - Frenkie de Jong

Kul_z

We missed out on Mbappe who would have been perfect for us, I dont think we can afford to miss out on De Jong as well. With Xavi,Iniesta,Busi coming to an end, this is a player that offers a great opportunity in the market at a good time for us. The main issue is how expensive he'll be as we have been waiting for a long time now and his price increases with every game.

I just dont know what would be a fair price to offer to ajax. Maybe this winter buy and leave him at ajax until the end of the season, fuck, buy it now and leave him for this and another season at ajax if thats what the kid wants. I'll sell dembele if money is the problem too, no doubt

khaled_a_d

The main issue is how expensive he'll be as we have been waiting for a long time now and his price increases with every game.

We haven't been waiting, we have been trying to sign FDJ all summer long and Ajax said they won't sell, this is just an assumption that totally ignore the Ajax pov.
For Ajax there are 2 things:
1-Lack of trophies through past years and the fact they are actually in good financial situation, they want trophies more than money atm.They can risk waiting
2-They know what you just said, they are smart management that are hard to negotiate with. They know the longer they wait the more money they generate.

There is a reason why Ajax were making fun of us on twitter at the end of transfer market. We are actively trying to get those kids.

George_Costanza

I just dont know what would be a fair price to offer to ajax. Maybe this winter buy and leave him at ajax until the end of the season, fuck, buy it now and leave him for this and another season at ajax if thats what the kid wants. I'll sell dembele if money is the problem too, no doubt

Ajax said they don't want to sell now, knowing that his price will go up next summer.

Jombi

We haven't been waiting, we have been trying to sign FDJ all summer long and Ajax said they won't sell, this is just an assumption that totally ignore the Ajax pov.
1-Lack of trophies through past years and the fact they are actually in good financial situation, they want trophies more than money atm.They can risk waiting
2-They know what you just said, they are smart management that are hard to negotiate with. They know the longer they wait the more money they generate.

There is a reason why Ajax were making fun of us on twitter at the end of transfer market. We are actively trying to get those kids.

We have definitely been waiting, whether we have actually made a high offer is something none of us knows. "Trying to get someone" and actually being willing to spend big are two different things. They are a selling club, always have been.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We have definitely been waiting, whether we have actually made a high offer is something none of us knows. "Trying to get someone" and actually being willing to spend big are two different things. They are a selling club, always have been.

They aren't a selling club the way you are portraying, and hasn't been one for years.
they sell who they want at the time they want, this is who they are.
They have sold Kluivert last year as he refused to extend, that was their selling for the summer.
Overmars has no use of the money when he gets fired after 4 years with no trophy.
And we surely wasn't waiting, when Overmars himself makes fun of our fan calls on twitter, I doubt we were just "waiting"
The only way we would have got him would been a crazy offer that Ajax feel they will never get, and it would be stupid to make such offer.
The only thing we can do is wait tell Ajax is ready to sell, they hold all the card, we hold non.

Jombi

They aren't a selling club the way you are portraying, and hasn't been one for years.

They most certainly are. They will always sell their stars, unlike non-selling clubs (which only apply to a handful of clubs worldwide).

We are definitely waiting, hoping Ajax would be easier to negotiate with, but you have no idea what we actually offered in the summer.

George_Costanza

He loves Barca and Manchester sucks compared to Barcelona.

the-wire-so-and-so-animated-gif.gif

Magyarkhan

Hello dear readers...

I am from Holland and it is my first post here, although i follow this forum for many years.
I know Frenkie pretty well and he has one big desire he stated in some dutch shows... he wants to play with Messi. If Barca wants Frenkie they should use this. Simple said, invite him to Barcelona and let him meet a few hours with Messi. I am sure their personalities will mix very well. Frenkie is extreme down to earth, realistic and nice.
Use Messi to make the pricetag tens of millions cheaper :)

messi2140

6racies Xavi

There is a third option
3-Because the offer Ajax received for FdJ was insulting.

http://global.espn.com/soccer/socce...ax-valuation-of-frenkie-de-jong-marc-overmars

Kul_z

Pep is not there for the lifetime, and i think cruyff legacy is definately on our side, but with amount of fuck ups this current board produced, you never know. I'm sure about one thing, i dont know if you guys watched true detective, and that scene when matthew mcconaughey says to woody harrelson: 'this is it, marty. This is the place' i feel like this for de jong. This is it, this is the player, like a future holy grail of middlefielders. Last young player i was that excited was messi, and im not exaggerating by any means. Im not saying he would become anything near messi, but my god, kid is good, and has authority on the field by presence not by yelling or other things. I was surprised how other dutch players when there is 'panic' situation are searching for him, his positioning is outstanding( id say world class easily) like a crossover of busquets and xavi. God please, prove me wrong on monday because im falling in love so much i'd be heartbroken if he signs for someone else

Home of Barca Fans