21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I usually don't pay attention to rumors in September, but quite a few Barcelona related journalists now mentioning Barca won't enter in a bid war for him and that they may have other targets lined up.

At this rate I don't think we'll sign him which is a pity. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass again like with Isco or Modric who both wanted to play for Barca.

wisconsincule

At this rate I don't think we'll sign him which is a pity. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass again like with Isco or Modric who both wanted to play for Barca.

This is truely terrifying. Barto has his eyes on the shiny Ferrari that is Pogba.

Givenchy

we'll end up with Pogba in January for a ridiculous fee and Rabiot next summer (Rakitic will be off i think)

even worse, we could end up not getting Pogba, FDJ going to City or even Madrid while we end up with Rabiot.. man i hope EV isn't manager come next season

Porque

Ajax are not the type of club to go crazy with the fee's. They just wanted a chance to a) make CL money and b) actually win the league before losing their two big stars.

Perfectly normal for Madrid to be interested as they will need a Modric replacement soon at worst, and will want to drive the price up for us at best.

Next summer will be a seriously good midfielder market. De Jong, Eriksen with 1 year on his contract, Rabiot on a free, Pogba pushing to leave.

Andresito

Staff member
Ajax are not the type of club to go crazy with the fee's. They just wanted a chance to a) make CL money and b) actually win the league before losing their two big stars.

Perfectly normal for Madrid to be interested as they will need a Modric replacement soon at worst, and will want to drive the price up for us at best.

Next summer will be a seriously good midfielder market. De Jong, Eriksen with 1 year on his contract, Rabiot on a free, Pogba pushing to leave.

Have they ever had such a huge interest for their players like they have for FDJ and MDL?
Most big clubs are rumoured to want them and now with the insane transfer fees they probably want to milk as much money as possible compared to their previous sales.

SeloBarca

De Jong is a huge Barcelona fanboy, and he does not like Real Madrid.
Atleast we have that going for us.
Im quite sure he would rather take a little bit lesser fee to join us becouse of it.
Not many players that would do that, but FDJ is one of them imo.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Have they ever had such a huge interest for their players like they have for FDJ and MDL?
Most big clubs are rumoured to want them and now with the insane transfer fees they probably want to milk as much money as possible compared to their previous sales.

Luis Suarez is the last I remember.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
De Jong is a huge Barcelona fanboy, and he does not like Real Madrid.
Atleast we have that going for us.
Im quite sure he would rather take a little bit lesser fee to join us becouse of it.
Not many players that would do that, but FDJ is one of them imo.

Isco was allegedly a big Barca fan too.

I could be wrong, certainly the player's wish matters but I think the selling club always prefers more money than less, not the player.

SeloBarca

Isco was allegedly a big Barca fan too.

I could be wrong, certainly the player's wish matters but I think the selling club always prefers more money than less, not the player.

The players are not slaves.
If they dont want to go to one club, they cant be forced to go there.

khaled_a_d

As I explained previously, bigger deal always benefits players and for that selling club and agents will always push for it and in 99% of players will go for it and forget about the club they like

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Isco named his dog Messi out of respect for Messi!

Modric has been a life time fan of Barcelona - In the words of Rakitic, he is a bigger fan of Barca than himself!! He has waited since his days in Zagreb to one day get a chance to represent Barca - The day Barca signed the prodigal son over his obviously better talent he realized he was never gonna get that chance and instead signed for our eternal rivals!!

Zinedine Zidane was a supporter of Barcelona amongst the Spanish teams - But ends up scoring a glorious goal for Real in CL final; Later pledges his life long relation with Real and creates history by guiding them to 3 straight CL as a manager!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We never once tried to sign Modric or Isco. We had Asensio almost wrapped up before Zubi ditched the deal over 1 million and decided spending it on Douglas would be smarter instead :facepalm:

Now, if we don't even try to sign players that are fans of this club then they're obviously going to go for the next best option. But if we're in for them I'm pretty sure we have a slightly advantage with many players forcing their way to a certain team of preference.

Home of Barca Fans