21 - Frenkie de Jong

FC433

^ cannot see Pogba coming. Not even 1% not this summer or ever.

Ajax does not want to sell. I agree with you, but we never want to hurt our relationship with them.

Androutsos

Don't get it twisted, even though we have good relationship with Ajax, they will still hold us for ransom for both De Jong and De Ligt... De Ligt, if he performs again this year, you are looking at 70-80m and if De Jong kicks on this year and other teams join in and start bidding I wouldn't be surprised if it is in the 50-60m range at least.

I don't blame them at all as well.

Andrew M

Sources say he will not come this summer.

Save and get both De Ligt and FDJ. It would cost us 100m+

thoughts? 100m+ for the two too much?

How can we spend so much on young defensive players when we will need a new striker? Honestly we need to allocate 100 million for next summer in for no9

khaled_a_d

I prefer Aouar over FDJ tbh ... I'm sure Abidal agrees with me ;)

We were barely linkedto FDJ until Abidal has arrived, tough to think Abidal agrees with you

Don't get it twisted, even though we have good relationship with Ajax, they will still hold us for ransom for both De Jong and De Ligt... De Ligt, if he performs again this year, you are looking at 70-80m and if De Jong kicks on this year and other teams join in and start bidding I wouldn't be surprised if it is in the 50-60m range at least.

I don't blame them at all as well.

I see no evidence whatsoever that we have a good relation with Ajax.
And yeah, they will make us bleed for any of their players unless they force their way out

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thought he played well today, especially in the second half he was one of the biggest protagonists. Lot of good forward passes, some nice runs. Had a great through ball to Neres that maybe should've been an assist. Liked his defensive hustle, saw like 3-4 good tackles. One play where he tracked all the way back during a counter to support his fullback and block a cross.

Here's some nice tiki taka between Ziyech and De Jong:

[tw]1029450598742192129[/tw]

Reminiscent of Messi-Alves a bit :lol:

I think best case is for Ajax to qualify and he gets a great season of midfield experience and CL experience under his belt. All reports seem to indicate we have made a lot of progress negotiating a deal for him sometime in the future anyway, with De Jong wanting solely to come here.

De Ligt was superb. Scored a nice goal from a corner, great in buildup play, and it seemed like a majority of Ajax's defensive actions came through him recovering the ball. He was everywhere defensively. Also seems to venture forward more when De Jong isn't his CB partner, and looked very comfortable doing it.

Edit:

[tw]1029467683299971074[/tw]

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Better yet - We need to make the transfer right away, play him there this season, let him get the CL experience!

How could he get a CL experience with Busquets, Rakitic, Coutinho, Vidal, Arthur infront of him in pecking order?
Not to mention that people want Dembele and Malcom on a field also to gain experience.

So, unless if some you think that we would play with Frenkie, Arthur, Alena midfield and Dembele, Messi, Malcom in attack (and with Busquets, Coutinho, Rakitic, Vidal, Suarez, Rafinha, Denis on the bench), he will probably have way more playing time at Ajax.

Not to mention: are you actually expecting wins in a CL with too many of these youngsters in a team?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans