21 - Frenkie de Jong

Gnidrologist

Do these QSG drones even ever posted anything Barca related? I know one of them is Neymar fanboy, but there are several now and are only spamming Neymar/Mbappe/QSG things. What's the deal here?

Leo_Messi

I totally get ya. Thrills are hard to come by at the Parc des Princes.

False. The weekly trashing against the likes of Angiers, Guingamp, Caen, Angers etc. Amiens, Dijon, Reims etc. are always the highlight of the European football weekend. A pure spectacle. There can be no doubt about it. No wonder that they have little to talk about. Nobody gives a **** about their domestic performances and the story of their participation in the CL so far we all know about. It always ends up as a very short and tragic novel despite the huge costs of the production and distribution of those tragic short novels. They never get sold out but luckily the rich Arab uncle from Qatar is always able, with legitimate and illegitimate moves, to cover the costs with his gas money and inflated sponsorship deals.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
*yawn*

As I said, must hate to be a PSG hater. :coffee:

You act like you guys have any major achievement whatsoever for us to be jealous of :lol: you're the one here who comes off as cringeworthy/desperate.

And you were quick to post a single non-negative comment by FDJ on the Paris rumors but completely ignored when I brought up how he has multiple interviews explicitly demonstrating his desire to join Barca, as well as all of his pro-Barca social media activity.

There's levels to this shit

Jair Ventura

Here's the thing. Given the commitment of their owners it's likely that PSG will find success at some point. It may not be this season, next season, or even five seasons from now. But eventually, they'll win a trophy or two, and they'll sign a lot of talented players along the way. Some of them, like FDJ, Barca will be in for. Thus, it must suck to be a hater.

I have no clue what you're talking about in respect to FDJ though. If you want to believe Telegraf put their integrity, credentials, sources with Ajax, etc-- on the line to fabricate a click-bait story regarding FDJ joining PSG, feel free.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

*yawn*

As I said, must hate to be a PSG hater. :coffee:

I personally don't hate a single football club, national team or player. Dislike at most. You are attaching WAY too high perceptions to QSG when you are yet to be even remotely relevant on the European scene outside of helping destroy the transfer market due to the Qatari gas that the dictatorial and terrorist supporting Al-Thani "royal" regime is supplying your club with and the related inflated sponsorship deals that have been ongoing for years. Let alone Al-Khelaifi and his notorious inferiority complex towards Barça and obsession. It's also a problem that France, as a European and democratic state, is catering this much for a backwards and dictatorial terrorist supporting regime like the Al-Thani regime. Thanks to crooks like Sarkozy.

I cannot imagine that there is much to like about QSG for a neutral if anything. Maybe (not maybe but for sure) there are millions of kids out there who like Neymar and Mbappe and the former's haircut.

Lastly as a football supporter I find it sad that the likes of Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani and possibly De Jong etc. prefer being "kings" in a mediocre Ligue 1 (let alone the two domestic cup competitions that nobody outside of France cares about if that can even do it) and receiving their high wages (thanks to gas) rather than playing on the biggest scene and highest level on a weekly basis.

I used to rather like PSG pre-Qatari takeover but not so much any longer.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

I personally don't hate a single football club, national team or player. Dislike at most. You are attaching WAY too high perceptions to QSG when you are yet to be even remotely relevant on the European scene outside of helping destroy the transfer market due to the Qatari gas that the dictatorial and terrorist supporting Al-Thani "royal" regime is supplying your club with and the related inflated sponsorship deals that have been ongoing for years. Let alone Al-Khelaifi and his notorious inferiority complex towards Barça and obsession. It's also a problem that France, as a state, is gathering this much for a backwards and dictatorial terrorist supporting regime like the Al-Thani regime. Thanks to crooks like Sarkozy.

I cannot imagine that there is much to like about QSG for a neutral if anything. Maybe (not maybe but for sure) there are millions of kids out there who like Neymar and Mbappe and the former's haircut.

Lastly as a football supporter I find it sad that the likes of Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani and possibly De Jong etc. prefer being "kings" in a mediocre Ligue 1 (let alone the two domestic cup competitions that nobody outside of France cares about if that can even do it) and receiving their high wages (thanks to gas) rather than playing on the highest scene and level on a weekly basis.

I used to rather like PSG pre-Qatari takeover but not so much any longer.

*yawn*

See above.

Havesaks

The reason why some fans are hot for this guy isn't only his quality, but especially what he represents; the barca style. Like Valverede and Rakitic have rightfully become the faces of anti-barca-football, de Jong is the symbol of the club getting back to its roots; sharp, technical, passing, ball possessing, total/tiki-taka football. We have no fierce dynamic at all in this team.
The beautiful moments created by this team is hence to brilliant solo performances by messi, dembele and sometimes coutinho. The glu that sticks the whole team together is missing. Barca is in a transition face of establishing a new generation and de Jong looks like a missing piece in this development. My bet is he will grow into a wonderful DM, and bussis successor. Bussi is 31, there should be enough gametime for both of them.

With arthur, coutinho, vidal, de Jong, rabiot, sergio and Roberto we have a young and quality midfield with a lot of room to grow. I don't buy the height/physic-argument. This I'd barca, we are known for beautiful attacking technical football and not muscle play. The reason we lost to roma was because we were outmached physical, yes, buy only because we played on their terms. That wasn't barca, that's valverde football. We nwed a coach who plays the barca way and Maximizes our strengths and identity.

I can imagine a de Jong arthur and rabiot miedfield in the future. Pay the 70m Barto!

fergus90

Here's the thing. Given the commitment of their owners it's likely that PSG will find success at some point. It may not be this season, next season, or even five seasons from now. But eventually, they'll win a trophy or two, and they'll sign a lot of talented players along the way. Some of them, like FDJ, Barca will be in for. Thus, it must suck to be a hater.

I have no clue what you're talking about in respect to FDJ though. If you want to believe Telegraf put their integrity, credentials, sources with Ajax, etc-- on the line to fabricate a click-bait story regarding FDJ joining PSG, feel free.

I think he was referring to the fact De Jong follows Barca on Instagram and likes their posts a lot. Time will tell though, I'm sure a few clubs will be in for him.

BBZ8800

The reason why some fans are hot for this guy isn't only his quality, but especially what he represents; the barca style. Like Valverede and Rakitic have rightfully become the faces of anti-barca-football, de Jong is the symbol of the club getting back to its roots; sharp, technical, passing, ball possessing, total/tiki-taka football. We have no fierce dynamic at all in this team.
The beautiful moments created by this team is hence to brilliant solo performances by messi, dembele and sometimes coutinho. The glu that sticks the whole team together is missing. Barca is in a transition face of establishing a new generation and de Jong looks like a missing piece in this development. My bet is he will grow into a wonderful DM, and bussis successor. Bussi is 31, there should be enough gametime for both of them.

With arthur, coutinho, vidal, de Jong, rabiot, sergio and Roberto we have a young and quality midfield with a lot of room to grow. I don't buy the height/physic-argument. This I'd barca, we are known for beautiful attacking technical football and not muscle play. The reason we lost to roma was because we were outmached physical, yes, buy only because we played on their terms. That wasn't barca, that's valverde football. We nwed a coach who plays the barca way and Maximizes our strengths and identity.

I can imagine a de Jong arthur and rabiot miedfield in the future. Pay the 70m Barto!

To be more precise, the optimal goal would be to both improve:
1. our Barca's type of style with buying better players in technical terms, pace and off the ball movement
2. on top of Barca's style and our type of players, it would be nicer that at least SOME of those players are taller (stronger, more aggressive, fighters) than a magical number 172cm

So, Barca lost to Roma, Atletico, Atletico, Juve, Psg, Bayern:
1. either because of a poor physical skills
2. or due to a mix of both having players who are technically not good for Barca and who are truly horrible in physique (we probably have physically the weakest teams of all top teams in Europe.)

Regarding Barca's style, I asked a lot of times, can you NAME how many times over our 119 years long history we managed to win and dominate in Europe with pure light and technical Barca's style WITHOUT having Messi in a team?
I'll tell you=once.
In 1992.

And even then in 1992:
1. we scored against Kaiserslautern in the 90th minute for 1:3 and for 3:3 aggregate in 1/8
2. in a final we won from a goal from a free kick through 10 pair of legs
3. Champions league back then had only 1 team from each country.
And a Champions league in 1992, when "Barca's football dominated the world" consisted of, wait for it...:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991–92_European_Cup
1. Barcelona, Spain
2. Sparta Prague, Czech
3. Benfica, Portugal
4. Dynamo Kyev, Ukraine
5. Sampdoria, Italy
6. Red Star, Serbia
7. Anderlecht, Belgium
8. Panathinaikos, Greece

So, that was the only time ever in 119 years when our type of football managed to actually WIN a trophy WITHOUT Messi in a team.
Champions league looked like a Group G of Uefa Cup today.

You guys should really sit down for a while and think about whether 172cm light players is really the way to go in 2019 and onwards.
Our results and stats are saying: not good enough.

I could survive if those 2 short midfielders would be named Xavi and Iniesta, but since even they won't be here anymore, then imo, the answer is not: we lost to Roma because we haven't played Barca's style.
We did play Barca's style against Bayern 2013, Atletico 2014, Atletico 2016, Psg 2017, Juve 2017.
What happened then? :shrug:

Messi easily neutralized. Check.
Xavi, Iniesta, Busi easily neutralised in midfield. Check.
The whole team bullied and outmuscled all over the field. Check.
Conceded goals after corners: check.
Conceded goals after random crosses and headers: check.
Unable to score a single goal in any of these away matches: check.
Not being able to create an action in any other way than shortpassing through the ground due to short midfielders and attackers, and then we are easily neutralized in attack: check.
Not having any plan B in attack due to short players who can play in only way way: check.
Not having any true captain on a field when we are losing and someone needs to lift the team: check.
Not having anyone to yell at teammates, or to fight with thug opponents: check.

The problem is far deeper and more complex than just throwing a few nice, technical players and moving nicely off the ball.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans