21 - Frenkie de Jong

Riordon

Ten Haag about Frenkie:

"Take Frenkie. We looked at how we could get the best out of him. He's one of the biggest talents. But where? In midfield. But in which role? He's an adventurer. Always en route. With and without the ball. But can you put him at '6' as only switch? He's away too often for that."

gregorrin10

Ten Haag about Frenkie:

"Take Frenkie. We looked at how we could get the best out of him. He's one of the biggest talents. But where? In midfield. But in which role? He's an adventurer. Always en route. With and without the ball. But can you put him at '6' as only switch? He's away too often for that."

This is what I've been saying. I really see Frenkie thriving in that advanced Iniesta role, he would have the biggest freedom there, to really develop his overall and better his offensive game too, he's already better defensively than Iniesta ever was, but that doesn't mean he should be limited to that CDM role, at least not right from the start, until we decide what his best position here actually is.

This is why I would actually love it if we go for someone like Rodri, he would be the most suitable Busi replacement of all these. But that said, I think Busquets still has 2-3 good years in him, he just looks finished right now because of bums like Rakitic and Vidal beside him. Stick two technical and agile midfielders like Arthur and Frenkie (and/or Alena and Puig) beside him, he can thrive again. But then again, the timing for getting Rodri couldn't be better with a number of their star players leaving, we might not get another chance at him in 2-3 years, when Busquets will be well and truly finished. So maybe get Rodri now and really rotate him with Busquets regularly. Selling Rakitic is a must in that case of course.

Last edited:

Don Andrésº8

This is what I've been saying. I really see Frenkie thriving in that advanced Iniesta role, he would have the biggest freedom there, to really develop his overall and better his offensive game too, he's already better defensively than Iniesta ever was, but that doesn't mean he should be limited to that CDM role, at least not right from the start, until we decide what his best position here actually is.

This is why I would actually love it if we go for someone like Rodri, he would be the most suitable Busi replacement of all these. But that said, I think Busquets still has 2-3 good years in him, he just looks finished right now because of bums like Rakitic and Vidal beside him. Stick two technical and agile midfielders like Arthur and Frenkie (and/or Alena and Puig) beside him, he can thrive again. But then again, the timing for getting Rodri couldn't be better with a number of their star players leaving, we might not get another chance at him in 2-3 years, when Busquets will be well and truly finished. So maybe get Rodri now and really rotate him with Busquets regularly. Selling Rakitic is a must in that case of course.

not with lolverde for sure

Home of Barca Fans