21 - Frenkie de Jong

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Guys, it is useless to argue with someone from the country where the undisputed king of football is from. Because he is from Brazil so he knows football more than anybody from any other country. That is simply a fact. ;)

I bow in front of you. Accept my knees.

Bulgroz

In all seriousness it DOES look like PSG is pushing hard for Parades and Weigl and could bring them in this month.

Not sure if that has anything at all to do with 'THINGS HAPPENING' but I assume that is what it is alluding to.

Yeah, I honestly don't know what to make of all that. Getting Weigl, Paredes AND De Jong seems like complete overkill, even for PSG. Unless their whole plan is to buy every single player in the world and win UCL due by default. Which would make sense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mean if we're gonna play that game an Englishman could say they invented the game so he knows better than anyone else.

After losing 0-7 at home to Germany the Brazilians should be stripped off talking about any superiority anyway

soul24rage

Yeah, I honestly don't know what to make of all that. Getting Weigl, Paredes AND De Jong seems like complete overkill, even for PSG. Unless their whole plan is to buy every single player in the world and win UCL due by default. Which would make sense.

who do you think PSG will most likely bring in out of those 3?

serghei

Nasser: Hey, Frenkie, are we good as we talked or what? The Sheik is getting nervous man. Listen, I've just talked with Kylian. He's game. We're all waiting you. Even Tuchel can't stop thinking and talking about you. He's telling me all the time you'll be perfect. You better be, if we make fools out of ourselves in CL again, I'll fire his ass faster than I did with Emery.

De Jong: Mr Khellaifii... I'm just.... wait, what? That's not how you talk about your manager. I'm calling Barcelona. I have this number for a mr.... Brady, or Braido or something. Really nice person. Nicer than the ones I've talked with before. Sorry, but i'm off.

Nasser: You motherf....

Yea, that's about it. Sounds pretty realistic.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
OJOOOOOOOO

I have on good authority that Barca made a last minute bid and offer to Frenkie de Jong and that he's joining Barcelona this summer for 65m + 10m in incentives. :coffee:

Bulgroz

who do you think PSG will most likely bring in out of those 3?

Well, I'm not an official PSG expert, but to me they need two players. They already needed one even before the whole Rabiot thing. Weigh and Paredes altogether cost less than FDJ. But since they apparently don't give a shit about FFP, I can see them going for FDJ and Weigl (who's apparently Tuchel's choice). With Weigl coming this winter, and FDJ in 6 months.

Jair Ventura

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frenkie de Jong called Barcelona personally to say he wouldn't be joining the club next summer. <br><br>Barcelona suspected this outcome early in the negotiations (Mundo Deportivo) <a href="https://t.co/Ig1Jc2As8B">pic.twitter.com/Ig1Jc2As8B</a></p>— Dutch Football (@FootballOranje_) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/1086327602711650306?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Newcomer

In all seriousness it DOES look like PSG is pushing hard for Parades and Weigl and could bring them in this month.

Not sure if that has anything at all to do with 'THINGS HAPPENING' but I assume that is what it is alluding to.

Still same old story, we are desperate for midfielders for this winter market.

Whatever happens with de Jong has no bearing with the business we are conducting this winter.
Also, we won't get both Weigl and Paredes. We are trying to get at least one, their clubs are not very cooperative and we have a limited amount of money to spend.

Weigl is mostly Tuchel's idea while Paredes is Antero Henrique's idea.

If i had to bet, i would say Paredes is more likely because his club has asked for a certain price. Dortmund has not yet even entertained the idea of selling.

Home of Barca Fans