21 - Frenkie de Jong

Porque

Thing is, who are they replacing De Jong in midfield with?

Perhaps they would be better with their 3rd choice CB and their strongest midfielder playing in midfield instead of losing their strongest CB (De Ligt) and their strongest midfielder (De Jong) by moving him into defence.

Raketa10

[MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZpLv-PA9R8

This is IMO his ideal position. What would you say this is? For me CM.

Well we can argue between CM/DM position but he is definitely not AM. It was similar with Modric in the beggining of his career, some people and even some Croatian managers were forcing Modric to play as AM while his best position is clearly DM/CM position. Modern AM players must have a strong goal scoring abilities and clear orientation towards opponents goal. That’s description of Coutinho and not De Jong.

Riordon

Well we can argue between CM/DM position but he is definitely not AM. It was similar with Modric in the beggining of his career, some people and even some Croatian managers were forcing Modric to play as AM while his best position is clearly DM/CM position. Modern AM players must have a strong goal scoring abilities and clear orientation towards opponents goal. That’s description of Coutinho and not De Jong.

When i said AM i didn't mean in the mold of Coutinho and former KdB. But someone like Iniesta. Could see him in Iniesta position. But what would you say that position in the video is?

Raketa10

When i said AM i didn't mean in the mold of Coutinho and former KdB. But someone like Iniesta. Could see him in Iniesta position. But what would you say that position in the video is?

Honestly I don’t know, it’s hard to tell from a few minutes you tube clip but I would say he played more forward position in that game. What is also visible from that video is that his shooting capabilities ar not so good. This is also the reason I would like to see him in a more deeper role. For me he is much more suitable for Xavi or Busi role than the one of Iniesta. He doesn’t have the flair like Don or Coutinho.

Joan

Glad he's having poor games. The hype was unuasally strong with this one, as if he was an offspring of Jesus (Gabriel, I'm not talking about you).

Riordon

Honestly I don’t know, it’s hard to tell from a few minutes you tube clip but I would say he played more forward position in that game. What is also visible from that video is that his shooting capabilities ar not so good. This is also the reason I would like to see him in a more deeper role. For me he is much more suitable for Xavi or Busi role than the one of Iniesta. He doesn’t have the flair like Don or Coutinho.

He actually had lots of flair before his injury. Its looks like he has lost pace and mobility. Look at the games before the injury and compare. He was also out for 5 months.
Would play him in a Xavi/Xabi Alonso position. Not a DM.

I was watching only 2nd half... And i was impressed. His main bad thing was CB positioning, which i really dont give a f*** about, cause he will not be our CB, but midfielder. He is amazing on the ball, so chill and confident. Very good ball shielding, passing... MUST BUY!

Home of Barca Fans