21 - Frenkie de Jong

Joan

Real Madrid are willing to pay €80m to sign Barça target, de Jong (Ajax), to strengthen their midfield. [esport3]

Nothanks

?? griezmann wanted a pay raise and win trophies

we weren't giving him a huge pay raise and he chose money

no matter how much ajax offers de jong he wont stay there lmao idk how you could even compare the two

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we get into a bidding war with Real Madrid (and possibly Bayern and PSG, according to some media reports), I think the only way for us to come out as a winner is for De Jong to express his desire to come here. Of course, he could very well be saying "Hala Madrid, it has always been my dream to join Real Madrid, the best club in the world" when they come calling and with more money.

Joan

If we get into a bidding war with Real Madrid (and possibly Bayern and PSG, according to some media reports), I think the only way for us to come out as a winner is for De Jong to express his desire to come here. Of course, he could very well be saying "Hala Madrid, it has always been my dream to join Real Madrid, the best club in the world" when they come calling and with more money.

I disagree. It's not about 'how much each club can offer' but rather 'how much it will'. What I mean, nobody's paying 150 or so (similar amounts) for him. We can match most of the offers, the real question is - should we?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Either way Barca has the edge if it comes to a bidding war , seeing as he is massive Barca fan and even said in interviews and videos that he would love to play for Barca. Still hope Barca locks down De Ligt first and foremost.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I disagree. It's not about 'how much each club can offer' but rather 'how much it will'. What I mean, nobody's paying 150 or so (similar amounts) for him. We can match most of the offers, the real question is - should we?

I think we should (not 150m but 60-80m).

Either way Barca has the edge if it comes to a bidding war , seeing as he is massive Barca fan and even said in interviews and videos that he would love to play for Barca. Still hope Barca locks down De Ligt first and foremost.

Real Madrid has the edge because they have much more money to spend than us.

FinBarcelonafan

Locking De ligt would be great, but I think it will be way harder than De Jong. We need both..

khaled_a_d

Being a Barca fan doesn't mean much, at the end the club and his agent will tell him to do the right thing for his career and accept the offer that was agreed with Ajax (remember, higher fee= highersigning bonus for both player and agent)
Very few players will go in war for a certain club while being able to go to another one

Donatello

This is what happens when you offer 30M, instead of paying 15-25M more & be done with it. Not every player is going on strike for you.

Had it been Perez, he would have either been done or would've moved on.

Now, it's atleast 60M. Plus, you need to fight against RM, City, PSG, Utd, Bayern.

Good Job Barto...

Andresito

Staff member
(remember, higher fee= highersigning bonus for both player and agent)

Uhm, the fee with Ajax and the player's contract are negotiated separately.
The player could have a clause in his current contract saying something like "5 % of my future transfer fee goes to me". If not, the transfer fee doesn't affect the player's pockets.

khaled_a_d

Ajax wasn't sellinbg even if we paid those -unnecessery- 15-25M. They are a club that has lost the league the last 4 years and they have just started to assemble a new team they are hoping to challenge for the league, otherwise those in charge (Overmars/Saar) could lose their job sooner or later and losing FDJ would cost them. They had already lost Kluivert and hence rejected any offer for any other player, they are a wealthy club and can afford the gamble.
Never mind, those rumors are just rumors. clubs monitor player all the time, if RM are willing to pay Ajax crazy asking price (80M) then good luck to them.

bs. It seem that PSV will win the leagua again this year and Ajax crisis will continue

Uhm, the fee with Ajax and the player's contract are negotiated separately.
The player could have a clause in his current contract saying something like "5 % of my future transfer fee goes to me". If not, the transfer fee doesn't affect the player's pockets.

No, that is over simplification of things.
Player salary is seperate (although in reality nothing is seperate) but there is a signing bonus for every player (goes up as money paid goes up, or the player is FA)
Agents in Europe gets 3-5% of any deal too, although sometimes it is negotiated whether it is taken from selling club directly "(which is the usual thing) or the buying club pays it seperatly.
Those among other things are the reasons why agents are very involved in every deal and in trying to move their players, and in many/most cases are even asked to be negotiater for one of the parties (even sometimes for players that aren't their clienst) and why it always means a higher fee is better for the player and agent pocket

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans