21 - Frenkie de Jong

BBZ8800

He’s not going to fucking PSG. He likes every Barcelona Instagram post. He wouldn’t be doing that if he was going to PSG. People need to stop falling for every click bait article.

This sounds childish, but I agree with you.
We have seen a lot of hints from Neymar, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann and other players lately regarding their transfers, wishes.

If I were a player today and if I signed with Psg, I surely wouldn't like red and blue posts and similar things.
So, there is some smoke here, surely...

Jombi

De Ligt is definitely more special and unique in current transfer window since it is much more difficult to find a good CB talent.

Players like De Jong are much more rare to find though. There's Aouar, abit more attacking, but apart from that, I dont see any with the intelligence and composure of De Jong out there at that age.

De Ligt is a classic ball playing CB, but those arent that rare.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He and his father have both denied a deal with PSG and City have supposedly put their pursuit on hold according to recent reports. I expect the pendulum to keep swinging like this between those 2 and Barca for the next few months. There can be no certainty as to where he's going or not going at this point.

I'd make it a very big priority to go for him, but if we were to get someone like N'dombele I wouldn't complain either. Rabiot is just a fraud who has shown more negatives than upside in his career so far.

Thiago10

The guy clearly wants to play for us. If he doesn't end up here we will have only ourselves to blame.

And as mentioned before, Frenkie wouldn't be liking nearly all of our insta posts if he were on the verge of signing for PSG.

I can honestly say I don't remember ever being as excited about a young talent as I am with FDJ. Granted, I was too young to be aware of just how good young Messi was, but still

Magyarkhan

For me the solution is clear, invite him to Barcelona and let him play a simple fun training game with Messi on his side..... it saves you 10-20 million euros

khaled_a_d

We surely need a CB more right now, especially with uncertainty about Umtiti's health. If the club has any long term doubts about his health then preferring De Ligt is no brainer unfortunately.
FDJ might be more special, but he is DM and you can actually survive with less technical one (like we used to do before Busquets)

Last edited:

Givenchy

We surely need a CB more right now, especially with uncertainty about Umtiti's health. If the club has any long term health here then preferring De Ligt is no brainer unfortunately.
FDJ might be more special, but he is DM and you can actually survive with less technical one (like we used to do before Busquets)

I want both but i have to agree.. these days its hard to find a CB that would fit us better than De Ligt, if we didn't have Arthur though... very tough call

Jombi

I want both but i have to agree.. these days its hard to find a CB that would fit us better than De Ligt, if we didn't have Arthur though... very tough call

Zagadou from Dortmund could fit us very well, same age as De Ligt as well. There are others too.

I think we need the best midfield. Its rare to have highly intelligent players like De Jong be available. Thats also why he is so versatile. Highly intelligent players tend to be that.

FC433

Why do you guys think it is either or? We can afford both and Ajax is willing to let go of both. Actually, FDJ said yesterday that he is allowed to negotiate with other clubs.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Still though, the board doesnt seem interested in him at all.
We are set on workhorse diva Rabiot while city and psg battle out which oil money will go to Ajax for De Jong.

FC433

FDJ's father: there is 95% chance that he is leaving Ajax and FCB would be the ideal decision to go to.

Home of Barca Fans