21 - Frenkie de Jong

Leo_Messi

the problem is, this next generation don't give a damn about prestige.. just look at Man City for example. its about money, trophies and usually a decent manager will seal the deal. Barca along with Madrid have had players at their whim but this is changing. i know the Neymar situation could be seen as an enigma but he left us for a less prestigious club and league near his prime and most youngsters now will have that same mindset. the PL will benefit the most from this once Messi and co retire leaving La liga with less popularity

we will see this summer but i don't think Madrid will get the galactico players they want/need like they used to and thats probably why Perez is buying young players

thats not to say i believe Jair and his Ligue 1 french generation taking over the world, the PL will always remain at the top but the sad thing is, la liga has already been dropped here in the UK

They do. The elite players always do. Man City has not bought any elite player. De Bruyne was a great talent from Belgium who played his football at Wolfsburg. Not exactly a "star signing" back in the day. Their greatest and best player to this very day, 7.5 years after his transfer remains Agüero who was also the most hyped transfer of theirs and bought from Spain, of course. Says it all really. Their second best player in that time period has been another player from Spain (David Silva).

If it is about trophies, QSG is a very bad choice as they have never won anything in Europe other than a UEFA Cup Winners Cup 20 years ago. Their CL record is appalling. Also no player that is supposedly a generational talent can be content winning Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue type of trophies (LOL) or a very poor Ligue 1 without any opponents in sight. Zero prestige in that.

Neymar is a special case. Nutcase more precisely. He is a very bad example and I am 100% sure that he regrets the decision when he is sitting in Paris in the middle of January with 5 degrees outside or 0, and thinks about what he left. Or when he plays against Dijon on a Wednesday night on a horrible pitch with a bunch of African defenders trying to break his ankles.

From a sporting perspective, there is no argument for QSG being the better choice.

Barça and RM will always be at the top. I have heard this song since I began watching football 20+ years ago as a small child.

PL always at the top,:lol:? It never was outside of 1 decade. Neither historically (in terms of titles won, here Spain is well, well ahead), UEFA coefficient list (nowadays and historically), number of world class players playing in Spain compared to England etc. England has first opened up to the outside world post Wenger. Even today the Brazilian with most goals in the EPL is freaking Firmino. Compare that to the Brazilian stars that have played in Spain and it is no context. A joke to compare actually. With Brexit etc. it is far from a given that England will even be a threat for Spain longterm. A Spanish league that is showing impressive economic progress and that is aggressively reaching out to all world corners and which has the benefit of being the most popular league in Latin America for cultural, historical and linguistic reasons. A region of the world where the best players have historically played. That's a tough competition that no oil/gas/corrupt Russian money can do much against. Not to say weather, landscapes, living standards, culture etc. All generally suit foreigners better. There is a reason why there are tons of British people that live in Spain and nobody the other way around other than young people looking for a higher pay, often without any educational background (university level). Nothing against England here but I dislike deluded EPL premfaces who think that the football world evolves around the EPL 24/7 when that is clearly not the case today nor historically. Not saying that you are one but that comment of yours was absurd.

As for no English broadcaster showing the best league in the world (historically and in terms of UEFA coefficient list currently and historically), that is their loose. In reality broadcasting of the Spanish League is increasing all over the world in recent years and will continue to do so.

Last edited:

5ergio_Busquets

If prestige was more important than money for the players then they should prefer a club like AC Milan over the likes of PSG. Barca and Madrid have both prestige and money in addition to team and individual titles, that's why they are still more attractive to players than PSG or Manchester City. I doubt PSG offered De Jong a much bigger salary tha Barca did and Ligue1 is nowhere near La Liga in terms of value but still a player would prefer playing for PSG than sitting on the Barca bench.

xXKonan

I consider Ligue 1 a good stepping stone league for young players to break through and spend some seasons there before making the step up to perhaps Italy, EPL, La Liga.

Umtiti, Dembele I think are good examples of this in our squad. Umtiti joined us at 22/23 and you see how much he's improved since he got here bar the injuries he had. Dembele broke through with Rennes then went to Bundesliga another good league for young players and did well and has made a lot of headway in his development when he got here.

Especially in Dembele's case, he is learned/learning things he probably couldn't have learned playing in Ligue 1 and Bundesliga. Teams don't leave as much space here and even losing the ball can be costly. Hell, just watch his breakout seasons with Rennes and Dortmund and look how different things were and how he played compared to now. He's adapting more and more to what the team needs and the league.

D10S_JC

I am surprised City don't get themselves involved in the pursuit. They're desperate to find a successor to Fernandinho.

Givenchy

They do. The elite players always do. Man City has not bought any elite player. De Bruyne was a great talent from Belgium who played his football at Wolfsburg. Not exactly a "star signing" back in the day. Their greatest and best player to this very day, 7.5 years after his transfer remains Agüero who was also the most hyped transfer of theirs and bought from Spain, of course. Says it all really. Their second best player in that time period has been another player from Spain (David Silva).

If it is about trophies, QSG is a very bad choice as they have never won anything in Europe other than a UEFA Cup Winners Cup 20 years ago. Their CL record is appalling. Also no player that is supposedly a generational talent can be content winning Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue type of trophies (LOL) or a very poor Ligue 1 without any opponents in sight. Zero prestige in that.

Neymar is a special case. Nutcase more precisely. He is a very bad example and I am 100% sure that he regrets the decision when he is sitting in Paris in the middle of January with 5 degrees outside or 0, and thinks about what he left. Or when he plays against Dijon on a Wednesday night on a horrible pitch with a bunch of African defenders trying to break his ankles.

From a sporting perspective, there is no argument for QSG being the better choice.

Barça and RM will always be at the top. I have heard this song since I began watching football 20+ years ago as a small child.

PL always at the top,:lol:? It never was outside of 1 decade. Neither historically (in terms of titles won, here Spain is well, well ahead), UEFA coefficient list (nowadays and historically), number of world class players playing in Spain compared to England etc. England has first opened up to the outside world post Wenger. Even today the Brazilian with most goals in the EPL is freaking Firmino. Compare that to the Brazilian stars that have played in Spain and it is no context. A joke to compare actually. With Brexit etc. it is far from a given that England will even be a threat for Spain longterm. A Spanish league that is showing impressive economic progress and that is aggressively reaching out to all world corners and which has the benefit of being the most popular league in Latin America for cultural, historical and linguistic reasons. A region of the world where the best players have historically played. That's a tough competition that no oil/gas/corrupt Russian money can do much against. Not to say weather, landscapes, living standards, culture etc. All generally suit foreigners better. There is a reason why there are tons of British people that live in Spain and nobody the other way around other than young people looking for a higher pay, often without any educational background (university level). Nothing against England here but I dislike deluded EPL premfaces who think that the football world evolves around the EPL 24/7 when that is clearly not the case today nor historically. Not saying that you are one but that comment of yours was absurd.

Dude i see what you're saying but my standpoint was more to do with money and the direction football is going. ofc i hope im wrong and as an Englishman i totally agree the PL is nowhere near La liga in terms of talent or dominance in Europe but if were talking marketing i don't see any other league coming close. im not a premface by any means and have to deal with those fuckers on a daily basis. Brexit is subjective, im a brexiteer but i doubt they let us leave

Elite players may dream about Barca/Madrid but De Jong, for me atleast, isn't an elite player.. atleast not yet. I'm guessing he would of grown up on Peps Barca which we are a farcry from right now. also elite players in the current market will become increasingly hard to buy unless they have a few years left on their contract.

we disregard ligue 1 as a farmer league but obviously players aren't seeing what we are. Mbappe rejected Madrid for PSG afaik, Neymar left us for PSG and now potentially the best young CB and midfielder look to be heading there. why is that? even more suprising, BTSport (UK) passed up the rights to buy la liga and instead has Bundesliga, Ligue 1, PL etc.

if Barca get rid of EV and the board get their shit together we could well be THE destination again but when you see the fuckery going on right now with Rakitic and Busi playing no matter what + Malcom freeze out. its hard to look past that, atleast if im a young player looking to make the next step up in my career

Leo_Messi

If prestige was more important than money for the players then they should prefer a club like AC Milan over the likes of PSG. Barca and Madrid have both prestige and money in addition to team and individual titles, that's why they are still more attractive to players than PSG or Manchester City. I doubt PSG offered De Jong a much bigger salary tha Barca did and Ligue1 is nowhere near La Liga in terms of value but still a player would prefer playing for PSG than sitting on the Barca bench.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Prestige is one thing when you are struggling economically and not even competing in the CL anymore. AC Milan pays lower wages on average than Crystal fucking Palace does who are nobodies in comparison with AC Milan. When we are comparing QSG with the likes of Barça and RM there is no edge whatsoever for QSG. Not even an economically one as both Barça and RM pay their players much more than QSG does.

It's like comparing the likes of Nottingham Forrest and Aston Villa (two English clubs that are playing in the Championship yet have won 3 times as many European Cup/CL titles than Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham and Chelsea COMBINED. Basically 4/6 of the "top 6" in England.
Obviously no big talent is going to prefer them over the latter clubs simply for the same reasons that few will prefer the current version of AC Milan over QSG. But had the playing fields been equal currently, I am willing to bet that the situation would be the opposite. As it was historically and until not long ago actually.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Dude i see what you're saying but my standpoint was more to do with money and the direction football is going. ofc i hope im wrong and as an Englishman i totally agree the PL is nowhere near La liga in terms of talent or dominance in Europe but if were talking marketing i don't see any other league coming close. im not a premface by any means and have to deal with those fuckers on a daily basis. Brexit is subjective, im a brexiteer but i doubt they let us leave

Elite players may dream about Barca/Madrid but De Jong, for me atleast, isn't an elite player.. atleast not yet. I'm guessing he would of grown up on Peps Barca which we are a farcry from right now. also elite players in the current market will become increasingly hard to buy unless they have a few years left on their contract.

we disregard ligue 1 as a farmer league but obviously players aren't seeing what we are. Mbappe rejected Madrid for PSG afaik, Neymar left us for PSG and now potentially the best young CB and midfielder look to be heading there. why is that? even more suprising, BTSport (UK) passed up the rights to buy la liga and instead has Bundesliga, Ligue 1, PL etc.

if Barca get rid of EV and the board get their shit together we could well be THE destination again but when you see the fuckery going on right now with Rakitic and Busi playing no matter what + Malcom freeze out. its hard to look past that, atleast if im a young player looking to make the next step up in my career

Nothing against the EPL at all in case you had that impression from my post although I was just speaking about the delusion that certain EPL fans have who tend to watch no football outside of England and keep parroting that EPL is lightyears ahead of everyone yet the reality and results on the ground have been proving them wrong for decades. I am all for a strong and united Europe personally, at least among the historical powers of the continent that have had much historical interaction although not every interaction was pretty.:lol: Although I am spektical about the current European Union project for reasons that are not needed to be mentioned here in case people start crying about why I for instance believe that forcing alien foreign migration on member states is a very foolish thing, that direct representation in Brussels is lacking or that leftist nonsense (the deluded kind) is destroying our indigenous cultures and should be combated. Luckily this problem is not too big in Spain nor Italy.

EPL is well ahead in terms of being able to sell their product to all corners of the world (Africa, China, South Asia etc.) due to English being a more common language than Spanish (although Spanish is a world language too and has more native speakers than English speakers worldwide) and better broadcasting in general. However this aspect is changing for the better in Spain and the distance is not as big as it was just a few years ago and I believe that this distance will decrease in the upcoming years and approach a somewhat similar playing field. Also the current deals in England (broadcasting rights) cannot be sustained and are already inflated IMO.

No, de Jong is not an elite player at all currently. I agree with this.

My point was just that I struggle to understand your arguments of why QSG is the better sporting decision and choice given what I wrote in post 2798.

As for Mbappe "rejecting" RM, see my previous post. Neymar was explained as well. It's all the work of one club that is pumped up artificially by an entire state. I think that an English broadcaster will buy rights to La Liga very soon again and besides (from what I hear) the broadcasting situation in the UK is a mess. Correct me if I am wrong.

Not sure if de Jong is the best young midfielder at all. De Light can be discussed but it is way too early to judge if we are honest and look past the big hype. For all we know in the next 12 months another "Mbappe" or another generational defender will emerge. I mean the market of central defenders is simply amazing nowadays. Just in France alone. I know that people will laugh when I write this but take a look at a guy like Ibrahima Konaté that is totally unknown compared to De Light. In terms of level, (from what I have seen at least) there is not a huge difference at all if any. The latter has just proven himself for a way weaker national team where there is very little competition for his position (CB) compared to the situation in France where the competition is brutal. Or that he is playing for 1 of the 2 clubs in the Netherlands that are always playing in the CL or very often.

Agree with your last part of the post.

Last edited:

5ergio_Busquets

That's exactly what I said in my post! Barca and Madrid are more attractive than money clubs because in addition to money thy have prestige and win titles on collective and individual level.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

As for no English broadcaster showing the best league in the world (historically and in terms of UEFA coefficient list currently and historically), that is their loose. In reality broadcasting of the Spanish League is increasing all over the world in recent years and will continue to do so.

Real Madrid probably will always be at the top as they have been in a good part of the last century, I am not sure it will always be the case for us. We didn't become an internationally renown club until Nunez took control of the club and thanks largely to Cruyff, and later reinforced by Ronaldinho and co. and of course solidified and brought to an even elevated position by Messi and co. With deep pockets and seemingly unlimited resources, the likes of City and PSG will win European championships, it is just a matter of time. And if they will it several times they will soon reach the status of that of Real Madrid, us and Bayern etc. today. Not saying that we will become the likes of the Milan clubs any time soon but just look at how much clubs could fall. We have been doing great in the last 10 years or so influence-wise primarily because of Messi and once Messi is gone, I don't doubt that we will become less influential with a part of our fanbase going away with Messi. And if for whatever reason we don't do well on the pitch, sponsorship and other components of our revenue will likely take a hit.

The English league is the most popular league in the world for several good reasons. They are competitive with the big 6 (in Spain you have the big two or three at most), English language is far more influential than Spanish (we, fans from all over the world, are posting here in English) to the average non-English and non-Spanish speaker so there is much less of a language barrier when it comes to both accessibility and marketing. The foothold and head start the English league have gained in the rest of the world vis-a-vis the Spanish league or the German league etc. is enormous and can not be washed away in a few years. In many countries that I have been to, the English league is being broadcast on more popular and accessible channels while the Spanish, the German and the other European leagues are often found on some obscure channels or online streaming sites exclusively, no wonder their TV deal brings in so much more money than the other leagues.

I think more British folks live in Spain than vice versa simply because Spain is a lot warmer and has much better weather over all than Britain. Not surprising. Probably the same case with British people living in southern France than French people living in the UK.

Last edited:

Newcomer

How so? When is it ever better to play for a much less prestigious club (not even the same galaxy) in a much, much inferior league (not even comparable as well) where you are likely to stagnate much like the bigger talent (IMO) Verratti did due to lack of challenges. QSG are not even better than we are in our current state or in recent years. QSG's CL record is even more appalling than ours in the past seasons. In fact we are only second to RM in the past 5 years that are spoken so much about due to RM winning it 4 times. Unlike RM we have totally dominated both domestic competitions (80%+ of our matches every season) in this time period. QSG is nowhere near here either.

Not to mention that de Jong will be a prisoner at QSG. It's a very shallow and idiotic move from him. Shows incredible lack of ambition.

Economically there won't be much of a difference if any as well so that argument does not work either.

Valverde is likely gone in the summer when he would join. At most he would play for him for only the next season. That's nothing. Not to mention that Rakitic and Busquets are on their last legs and will be faced out by Arthur and possibly de Jong should he arrive.

I cannot phantom how anyone (in their sane mind) can claim that QSG is the better choice.

When a club like Barça (or RM) are after you, you do not say no and take the challenge whatever is in front of you if you are really a generational talent. Mbappe would have joined either if not for being a local boy and 19 years old and only (at that time) being a 6 month wonder kid. So he wanted to play it safe at such a young age. QSG's oil money (offering more than RM) did help as well.

I am 100% sure that he will stagnate much like Verratti if he decides to rot in QSG and Verratti was the better talent.

You cited thousands of reasons why YOU think PSG is trash, Ligue 1 is trash and every player going to Paris are ended up as trash players in a golden prison.
Right.
However the key point here is that is YOUR truth. Obviously, all those players don't think like you, otherwise they wouldn't keep coming and renewing, don't you think ?

I don't really care that much where he ends but you are one of the saltiest person i have ever seen. You are managing to shit on any club, any country, any league just because your shiny toy didn't do as you wanted.
Football, despite the business derive, is a sport. Show some sportmanship, aknowledge the value of the opponent even if you are better.

As for Verratti, he is the only one responsible for his stagnation (and he still good). Verratti is a party animal and a big smoker. His problem are not on the pitch but the fact he is always injured due to his lifestyle. His other problem is his tendancy to get booked. Again, nothing to do with PSG. All coaches have told him to shut up, still he is the first to speak with the official. Barcelona couldn't stop Romario nor Ronaldinho from being party animals either.

Leo_Messi

Real Madrid probably will always be at the top as they have been in a good part of the last century, I am not sure it will always be the case for us. We didn't become an internationally renown club until Nunez took control of the club and thanks largely to Cruyff, and later reinforced by Ronaldinho and co. and of course solidified and brought to an even elevated position by Messi and co. With deep pockets and seemingly unlimited resources, the likes of City and PSG will win European championships, it is just a matter of time. And if they will it several times they will soon reach the status of that of Real Madrid, us and Bayern etc. today. Not saying that we will become the likes of the Milan clubs any time soon but just look at how much clubs could fall. We have been doing great in the last 10 years or so influence-wise primarily because of Messi and once Messi is gone, I don't doubt that we will become less influential with a part of our fanbase going away with Messi. And if for whatever reason we don't do well on the pitch, sponsorship and other components of our revenue will likely take a hit.

The English league is the most popular league in the world for several good reasons. They are competitive with the big 6 (in Spain you have the big two or three at most), English language is far more influential than Spanish (we, fans from all over the world, are posting here in English) to the average non-English and non-Spanish speaker. The foothold and head start the English league have gained in the rest of the world vis-a-vis the Spanish league or the German league etc. is enormous and can be washed away in a few years. In many countries that I have been to, the English league is being broadcast on more popular and accessible channels and the Spanish, the German and the other European leagues are often found on some obscure channels or online streaming sites exclusively, no wonder their TV deal brings in so much more money than the other leagues.

I think more British folks live in Spain than vice versa is simply because Spain is a lot warmer and has much better weather over all than Britain. Not surprising. Probably the same case with British people living in southern France than French people living in the UK.

That is wrong. FC Barcelona was arguably the biggest club in the late 1940's and early 1950's. Read about the era of Kubala, Czibor and Kocsis and the "Barça de las Cinco Copas". We won the Latin Cup (the predecessor of the European Cup) twice (more than any other club) as well. We had more league and cup titles than RM for the first 50 years of both clubs existence. It only change after the famous and very controversial Di Stéfano case and the (for Barça) absolutely appalling 1960's and 1970's (Franco era) and partially 1980's where RM won 2-3 times as many league titles if not more while we won it 2 times, lol. Back then only the league winners played in the European Cup and no European club had such an powerful opponent like RM during the Franco era that routinely won the league with some very dodgy things going on that anyone familiar with the history of Spanish football will attest too. Having very bad boards (much like today) that helped sabotage us, despite our enormous potential, rich history, being BCN (one of the most beautiful cities in the world), having the largest stadium in Europe etc. did not help either in those for us very sad decades.

Even then we had many stars and world-renowned players like Cruyff and Maradona (most expensive players of their time) to name a few and we had European success too and won the Inter Cities Fairs Cup (predecessor of the UEFA cup), Cup Winners Cup (only second to the European Cup back then for a large time period) more than anyone else and several CdR back when that cup had a big significance or at least greater than nowadays. As well as the occasional league title and reaching European Cup finals and semifinals yet failing against inferior opponents in Benfica and Steaua Bucharest etc. Similar to how RM could not win the European Cup/CL for 32 years between 1966-1998. Spain also had much harsher VISA rules than the likes of Italy and others had which meant that elite players, who otherwise would have gone to Spain, went to Italy and elsewhere in Europe. That changed when those in power started thinking rationally again and stopped shooting themselves in the foot.

Now for the past 30 years (1/3 of our history roughly) no club has been close to us in terms of combined domestic and European success, number of trophies, having the most iconic players, having the most iconic playing style etc. We have turned into a powerhouse on every front and we won't be going anywhere soon if ever. You are way too pessimistic.

BTW, for half of their history, RM has been a far less succesfull and prestigious club than us so the idea of them "always" being at the top is wrong one. If anything I think that we will catch them in terms of La Liga titles within 15-20 years as well as close the gap in terms of CL titles or get a better start whenever that European Super League emerges.

That is guesswork for now. What I am only focusing about is the reality of today and here QSG and Man City are nowhere near the elite clubs. Being backed up by entire states or not. They might well one day have the prestige of the two giants (I would not include Bayern here with all due respect to them, they are a tier below) but it is far from given. We are already at the top and have stayed at the top for decades. That is the most difficult thing.

The myth of there being great competition in England compared to Spain is what it is. For all the talk about competition the same 2-3 clubs are always winning the league. Leicester being a freak result much like Deportivo was in Spain during the 1999-2000 season and Real Sociedad being close to doing the same (they lost the league to RM by 2 points) back in 2003. The EPL era was totally one-sided for the first 20 years, only interrupted by a lucky Blackburn win when the EPL was a joke (1990's) and the emergence of oil money when Abramovich bought Chelsea. If not for that it would be Man Utd winning 80% of the time (like they did for almost 15 years) and occasionally Arsenal winning once or twice.

You are underestimating Spanish severely. it is only second to English in terms of importance of European languages and has more native speakers than English and most importantly the most football obsessed continent in the world (South America and Latin America, I know that the latter is not a continent) speaks Spanish or Portuguese (Brazil) which is extremely close to Spanish as I personally understand almost everything in Portuguese (written and spoken) without ever being taught that language even for a second.

Fact of the matter is that the popularity of the Spanish league is on the rise everywhere, in particular in Asia and Africa (Spanish league is the most popular in the Arab world, 500 million people, for instance) and gaining foothold in East Asia and South East Asia.

Spain is simply a more beautiful country than England landscape wise (no comparison), in terms of historical heritage, World UNESCO sites, living standards (the good life if you got money) and weather. I would also dare to claim that locals and the people as a whole are more friendly and warm much like is the case in the remaining parts of Southern Europe. That the UK is a more industrialized country, has 15 million more people and a bigger economy (although neither Spain nor Italy are pushovers, in fact elite economies themselves worldwide) and wages are higher (although costs of living are higher too) is what it is.

Anyway as far as I see it the two Spanish giants are untouchable and if one day hell breaks lose Spain (a far more wealthy country than Qatar and UAE combined many times over) will do everything in their power to bail them out as both are important for Spanish cultural soft power in the sporting world and tourism as well as symbols of the two largest cities in the country.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

You cited thousands of reasons why YOU think PSG is trash, Ligue 1 is trash and every player going to Paris are ended up as trash players in a golden prison.
Right.
However the key point here is that is YOUR truth. Obviously, all those players don't think like you, otherwise they wouldn't keep coming and renewing, don't you think ?

I don't really care that much where he ends but you are one of the saltiest person i have ever seen. You are managing to shit on any club, any country, any league just because your shiny toy didn't do as you wanted.
Football, despite the business derive, is a sport. Show some sportmanship, aknowledge the value of the opponent even if you are better.

As for Verratti, he is the only one responsible for his stagnation (and he still good). Verratti is a party animal and a big smoker. His problem are not on the pitch but the fact he is always injured due to his lifestyle. His other problem is his tendancy to get booked. Again, nothing to do with PSG. All coaches have told him to shut up, still he is the first to speak with the official. Barcelona couldn't stop Romario nor Ronaldinho from being party animals either.

I backed up all of my arguments with pure facts. Can you make a single argument and prove my factual statements wrong other than stating the obvious that "those players who went to QSG thought otherwise" or "you should stop speaking the truth because you are hurting my feelings" bullshit? What a surprise BTW.

I don't care if you are sad as a QSG fan for me speaking the truth. I don't really bother about that. I am not here to show respect to QSG as there is nothing to respect about your club, their fans (your ultras) or worst of all your owners who are pure filth. As a Frenchman you should be appalled that your politicians (Sarkozy etc.) and current ones have such close ties with a country such as Qatar and their disgusting regime.

That is exactly my point. If Verratti was playing for us or RM or Juve he would never have been allowed to live such an irresponsible lifestyle. Yes, QSG has no obligation here, it's just their own player that they are paying sky-high wages to and who is destroying his career and potential (already done so) right in front of their own eyes.:lol:

Yes, Ronaldinho (at the end of his career at the club) went astray which was exactly why Pep and the club axed him without much trouble back in 2008. So thanks for proving my point. Romario was 25 years ago and he lasted 1.5 season for a reason. Verratti has been playing for QSG for almost a decade now and is only declining while he should be reaching his best years of football currently.

Last edited:

Newcomer

You just prove again you are a salty personnage.
Can't believe someone can hold so much hatred for real.
OM is PSG rivals, that doesn't prevent me from having friends that support them. You just can't stop to use derogatory name to what you don't like. Seems like you can't have a civil conversation.

About all your "facts", if players or people would follow your logic, Ronaldinho should have never joined a Barcelona side that didn't win anything for years. People would say : why would he join such a bad team ? Can't be for sporting project, must be money move since there are so much more succesful team around !!! Why would anyone want to go there ?

Also, about Spain, i dunno if you know they are in terrible economic situations. In fact, it is country like France that are bailing them. Still, i don't see why you want to bring all those demographic, historical, economical story about one football transfer for a team from netherlands to another place.
If we had to rationalize every transfer like that, you would see that spanish clubs and the supports from their regional authorities and their banks are a pure social scandal. I would say that being french, i don't mind some mid eastern splashing their wealth in my country instead of having clubs not paying billions of tax that should be used for the people. In fact, reading again your precedent wall of text, you are even proud that Spain will do everything to bail out your club. This is pretty pathetic for a developped country and a scandal for the people to have their taxpayer money go for such things.

About Verratti, him smoking and partying doesn't stop your club and any other in the world to want him. Guess he is still good enough. Also, you don't see how ironic it is when your club just bought Vidal. He is the iconic party animal, and Bayern sold him out of fear he would rapidly decline. So your point again is moot. Ousmane Dembélé can even come two hours later but it is not big deal. Such discipline, right ? At the same time, Rabiot and Mbappé was on the bench for the classique because they came 15 min late for the meeting.

Leo_Messi

You just prove again you are a salty personnage.
Can't believe someone can hold so much hatred for real.
OM is PSG rivals, that doesn't prevent me from having friends that support them. You just can't stop to use derogatory name to what you don't like. Seems like you can't have a civil conversation.

About all your "facts", if players or people would follow your logic, Ronaldinho should have never joined a Barcelona side that didn't win anything for years. People would say : why would he join such a bad team ? Can't be for sporting project, must be money move since there are so much more succesful team around !!! Why would anyone want to go there ?

Also, about Spain, i dunno if you know they are in terrible economic situations. In fact, it is country like France that are bailing them. Still, i don't see why you want to bring all those demographic, historical, economical story about one football transfer for a team from netherlands to another place.
If we had to rationalize every transfer like that, you would see that spanish clubs and the supports from their regional authorities and their banks are a pure social scandal. I would say that being french, i don't mind some mid eastern splashing their wealth in my country instead of having clubs not paying billions of tax that should be used for the people. In fact, reading again your precedent wall of text, you are even proud that Spain will do everything to bail out your club. This is pretty pathetic for a developped country and a scandal for the people to have their taxpayer money go for such things.

About Verratti, him smoking and partying doesn't stop your club and any other in the world to want him. Guess he is still good enough. Also, you don't see how ironic it is when your club just bought Vidal. He is the iconic party animal, and Bayern sold him out of fear he would rapidly decline. So your point again is moot. Ousmane Dembélé can even come two hours later but it is not big deal. Such discipline, right ? At the same time, Rabiot and Mbappé was on the bench for the classique because they came 15 min late for the meeting.

More crying. I don't hate any clubs, players, national football teams etc. At most dislike. QSG is a perfectly fitting name and if you are getting your panties in a twist for my usage of that nickname you should toughen up. For all I care you can use whatever nickname for Barça, I won't cry or even react. I promise you that.

Simply put, you have no answers to my factual arguments and statements so instead you are getting personal and imaging things by claiming that I "hate" (lol) QSG (breaking news, you are far too irrelevant for me to hate) or that I am salty that de Jong MIGHT move to QSG. I consider de Jong as a great talent, argued why that is already, but at the same time I have argued why it would not be the end of the world (not even close) if we missed out on him.

Once again, Barça was a huge club (one of the largest and richest) back in 2003 despite 4 years of bad results. There is also the Brazilian connection. Not comparable at all. Besides Ronaldinho was a big talent, nothing more and nothing less. Not an established elite player. BTW and him choosing us in our worst era in recent memory over a totally dominating Man Utd in England, should tell you everything about our pull in Latin America. So actually your argument is just helping strengthen what I have argued earlier.

Spain and Italy are having economic problems (much like France) and most countries in the Western world but things are moving in the right direction and both those countries economies remain one of the biggest in the entire world with living standards better than those of 98-99% of all other countries of the world.

No, it is not a scandal because both those clubs help generate more money for people than they receive and their cities. They are important places of employment too as many locals are involved in one way or another. As if regional authorities and municipalities are not helping local clubs in France? They are. Besides, sorry that Spanish clubs (outside of Málaga where that Qatari Bedouin fool is doing nothing of late beside the local authorities did not support his absurd plans of destroying historical heritage and building nonsense in Málaga, he forgot that Spain is not an empty tiny desert like Qatar where the most iconic building is some sandcastle built 200 years ago:lol: so he got angry and never invested anymore) are not being bought up by filthy terrorist supporting dictatorial regimes and used as PR toys to appear "civilized" and to try to spread their soft "power". Sorry that there are not as corrupt politicians in Spain or Italy as Sarkozy who would allow large parts of Rome or BCN to be sold out to same said dictatorial terrorist regime much like has happened with Paris. Or that you are "proud" of the fact that Ligue 1 has turned into a one-horse league and will remain as such forever as long as QSG is owned by said dictatorial terrorist regime.

Did I claim that he is no longer good? I just said that he has stagnated and that he could have been way better if your QSG did not pamper him like you have been doing and did not behave like a small club. And that was back in 2017. I doubt that anyone would want to buy him now for a big sum of money when he will turn 27 years old and is not improving.

Vidal is nowhere near Verratti and is not declining in his best age as Verratti is. LOL. Dembélé a problem now? Is this a joke. This kid has done nothing wrong but being late twice. Don't listen to butthurt Spanish journalists who want him to fail so they can dream about Snakemar being bought back. LOL. Dembélé was watching the team at home when he came late the last time so better than being on the bench using your logic.

Anyway, you love QSG and the terrorist supporting and dictatorial Al-Thani regime and you love their influence in France, that Ligue 1 has turned into a completely uninteresting one-horse league etc while before it often had many different winners, excluding the Lyon period of dominance. Nothing to discuss here as we won't ever agree.

Anyway back to de Jong. I am done here.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
PSG is a sideshow and toy for the Qataris, we’ll see how long they fund the Parisian club - a club that truly ranks 3rd in France in terms of support and history (OL et OM)

Can’t begrudge a professional athlete prioritizing financial over sporting aspects but I did not see Frenkie as having that sort of profile. Transfer history of players making that choice has rarely shown it to be anything but short sighted

Home of Barca Fans