21 - Frenkie de Jong

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
How could he get a CL experience with Busquets, Rakitic, Coutinho, Vidal, Arthur infront of him in pecking order?
Not to mention that people want Dembele and Malcom on a field also to gain experience.

So, unless if some you think that we would play with Frenkie, Arthur, Alena midfield and Dembele, Messi, Malcom in attack (and with Busquets, Coutinho, Rakitic, Vidal, Suarez, Rafinha, Denis on the bench), he will probably have way more playing time at Ajax.

Not to mention: are you actually expecting wins in a CL with too many of these youngsters in a team?

I meant - play him there in Ajax this season

I am pretty it's not gonna be like the rest of the loans as he is not a talent that can only be played out of pity but some one who can help them immensely - As can be seen from the fact that he even helped them by playing as a Cd for example

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I meant - play him there in Ajax this season

I am pretty it's not gonna be like the rest of the loans as he is not a talent that can only be played out of pity but some one who can help them immensely - As can be seen from the fact that he even helped them by playing as a Cd for example

Oh, to stay at Ajax.
That is good, yes.

At Barca, there is no way that he would play too much in this moment, regardless of EV or any Barcaforum member as a coach.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Overmars has said several times that de Jong and de Ligt are NOT for sale and that any interested clubs should come back to them in 2019.

I hope Ajax make the CL and that these two guys have the opportunity to test themselves against higher level opponents. They might get more expensive, but that's how it is. We want these two to develop further and the only way you can do that is against better teams.

If de Ligt and de Jong confirm that they are able to do this at a higher level then we absolutely should go all in for both next year. It will cost us more, but if we can convince both to only want to play for us it shouldn't be too complicated to find a common ground with Ajax. As a sweetener we could prob throw in one of our talented players for a season or two seasons long loan.

They are a great club in developing talent and one of the few teams that I would not mind to loan out our players like let's say Alena if he struggles to establish himself this season. Could do him really good.

Sorin

Overmars has said several times that de Jong and de Ligt are NOT for sale and that any interested clubs should come back to them in 2019.

I hope Ajax make the CL and that these two guys have the opportunity to test themselves against higher level opponents. They might get more expensive, but that's how it is. We want these two to develop further and the only way you can do that is against better teams.

If de Ligt and de Jong confirm that they are able to do this at a higher level then we absolutely should go all in for both next year. It will cost us more, but if we can convince both to only want to play for us it shouldn't be too complicated to find a common ground with Ajax. As a sweetener we could prob throw in one of our talented players for a season or two seasons long loan.

They are a great club in developing talent and one of the few teams that I would not mind to loan out our players like let's say Alena if he struggles to establish himself this season. Could do him really good.

This is the best course of action in my opinion. Let them play in CL against better teams, this will prove to be more important than some 20m we will have to pay over this year's fee.

However, there is some issues with our budget next year. If they follow their normal progress, these 2 players will probably cost somewhere around 150m which is doable for 2 talented guys that will play over 10 years at our club if all things go well, but there's the issue of having to buy a WC striker in the next summer as well. Suarez is done now, nevermind after another year of grind football. I imagine that will cost us around 100m-150m on its own. We will have to fork around 300m for these 3 signings and that's quite unlikely imo. What will happen is that we'll have to do with only one of De Jong or De ligt most likely.

Jombi

Far worse than having to pay more money next season is to lose out on them in a bidding war next season, which is perfectly possible. Players can have all the favorite teams in the world, I dont think it means much. Also, at 21 years old, with 90% of the games being in the bad Dutch league, its not at all certain that this is good for development.

I disagree that De Jong cant get playing time for us now. He's 21, not that young, and extremely versatile. If he cant get playing time at that stage, it would say alot about his quality. This idea that all young players have to play at the same time is just nonsense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Far worse than having to pay more money next season is to lose out on them in a bidding war, which is perfectly possible. Players can have all the favorite teams in the world, I dont think it means much.

I disagree that De Jong cant get playing time for us now. He's 21, not that young, and extremely versatile. If he cant get playing time at that stage, it would say alot about his quality. This idea that all young players have to play at the same time is just nonsense.

The point is not about whether he can get playing time or not, it is that he won't come this summer, nor will de Ligt.

Jombi

The point is not about whether he can get playing time or not, it is that he won't come this summer, nor will de Ligt.

Maybe, maybe not, who knows. I am addressing the people who say he cant get playing time so better to wait out for next season.

Raketa10

Far worse than having to pay more money next season is to lose out on them in a bidding war next season, which is perfectly possible. Players can have all the favorite teams in the world, I dont think it means much. Also, at 21 years old, with 90% of the games being in the bad Dutch league, its not at all certain that this is good for development.

Frenkie want’s to come and we want him here so it’s not like others can come and buy him regardless of his wishes. If he manages to perform well this season the price will rise but that will just confirm he is worth that amount of money and that’s it. For him it’s best to stay there for one more year even if we manage to sign him now.

Jombi

Frenkie want’s to come and we want him here so it’s not like others can come and buy him regardless of his wishes. If he manages to perform well this season the price will rise but that will just confirm he is worth that amount of money and that’s it. For him it’s best to stay there for one more year even if we manage to sign him now.

But in a bidding war, I expect us to have to match or very closely match whatever Chelsea, Man U, Madrid, City, PSG etc. would be offering. Ajax would likely reject us. And I dont trust players to reject offers from other rich and big clubs simply because they have a favorite team.

Raketa10

But in a bidding war, I expect us to have to match or very closely match whatever Chelsea, Man U, Madrid, City, PSG etc. would be offering. Ajax would likely reject us. And I dont trust players to reject offers from other rich and big clubs simply because they have a favorite team.

That’s true, however I doubt his price will double in one year with Ajax but I might be wrong.

Saladin

We need to lock him down and let him play at Ajax for a year. Overmars needs to STFU and stop trying to be a populist hero. And we need to show Ajax that we are Barca and Frenkie De Jong is a future Barca player, whether they like it or not.

FC433

That’s true, however I doubt his price will double in one year with Ajax but I might be wrong.

It depends on how many teams are after him. If it is just us, I believe we can get him for around 50m, but if any big team tries to get him, his price will go 20m extra. The good thing is that FDJ wants to play for us, unlike De Ligt.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Great again today. He really was running the whole show in midfield. Had several dribbles and I don't think he lost any of them, and when Schone was subbed off it was FDJ pretty much alone in the middle of the park orchestrating everything while Ziyech was more on the wing.

Also had a last ditch block at the 94th minute that pretty much saved their game.

He was pretty hesitant when it came to shooting though. A couple of times where he'd create a move or space to score for himself and he hesitated too much to shoot or he'd pass it off. If he can get a good longshot I think he has the ball playing skills to create a lot of opportunities that way.

Home of Barca Fans