21 - Frenkie de Jong

Sorin

Yeah, the salt is real.

Just move on for christ's sake.

The only downside I can see is that this situation will prompt the clueless bastards in charge to overpay for Rabiot(giving higher wages or higher bonuses) as a misguided revenge on PSG. Otherwise there are plenty of good midfielders out there, we just need to hire a good fucking manager for a change, one that can implement a coherent style and develop players properly.

Last edited:

Ammar17j

Frenkie is waiting for Barcelona to make a move on him. It doesn't make any sense if he picks PSG right now... He had an interview today with FOX Sports. I can tell you right now he is waiting for Barcelona to make a move. It's 50/50.. He won't tell anything about it. He wants to know his future as soon as possible...(He did say that) It shows right now that Barca is slowing it down atm.

Devils

Frenkie is waiting for Barcelona to make a move on him. It doesn't make any sense if he picks PSG right now... He had an interview today with FOX Sports. I can tell you right now he is waiting for Barcelona to make a move. It's 50/50.. He won't tell anything about it. He wants to know his future as soon as possible...(He did say that) It shows right now that Barca is slowing it down atm.

original-1-900x770.jpg

Newcomer

If Overmars said so, then it must be true. I don't think so to be honest.

Nobody really likes to admit that they are primarily motivated by money.

If it's not about money, then why would any player whatsoever, join PSG? Hell, clubs like St Etienne, Leeds United or Real Zaragoza have more legacy than they do.

Even before the Qatari, PSG was considered an upgrade compared to St Etienne.

Legacy is just legacy. Do you really think people will go to Nottingham Forrest just because they won some cups decades ago ?

PSG has always been inconsistent in the league but was considered as a top 2/3 club in France from the 90s. Also, the only french club to win an european cup with OM.

I know you all like to talk about money but all your legacy clubs have become legacy because of money advantage.

Milan was the richest club in the world with Berlusconi and dominated until he stopped investing money and went to shit. Did legacy prevent them from falling ? No. Did top players decided to go there for legacy ? No. Even Higuain wants out to go to Chelsea who has no legacy before the money from Abramovic.

OM won their european cup when they were second richest club in the world and did 2 C1 finals during that time.

Arsenal rose when they began to break transfer records. A legacy club like Real Madrid decided to break records left and right to come back to his leading role in european football.

End of story, money brings big players and big players bring trophies. Those trophies bring legacies.

It is maybe something you don't want to aknowledge but this is a truth. No pauper club has achieved anything or, if by a miracle they did, their best players got poached soon after.

serghei

A legacy is achieved through time. PSG need some decades of being at the top. They haven't even reached near the top, let alone been at the top. Once they reach the top, they need to stay there for long enough to compare with the really big prestigious clubs.

PSG have the most important ingredient in achieving sporting success, and the one that is the easiest to procure for the arab investors. Money. The other factors that shape a great football club will be achieved the hard way, in time.

It's gonna be hard for PSG to be at the top playing in Ligue 1, where the 2nd best team from one year is fighting against relegation in the next year. Ligue 1 is really not a competition that has the pedigree of the Spanish, British, Italian and German leagues.

Last edited:

Centauri B

Even before the Qatari, PSG was considered an upgrade compared to St Etienne.

Legacy is just legacy. Do you really think people will go to Nottingham Forrest just because they won some cups decades ago ?

PSG has always been inconsistent in the league but was considered as a top 2/3 club in France from the 90s. Also, the only french club to win an european cup with OM.

I know you all like to talk about money but all your legacy clubs have become legacy because of money advantage.

Milan was the richest club in the world with Berlusconi and dominated until he stopped investing money and went to shit. Did legacy prevent them from falling ? No. Did top players decided to go there for legacy ? No. Even Higuain wants out to go to Chelsea who has no legacy before the money from Abramovic.

OM won their european cup when they were second richest club in the world and did 2 C1 finals during that time.

Arsenal rose when they began to break transfer records. A legacy club like Real Madrid decided to break records left and right to come back to his leading role in european football.

End of story, money brings big players and big players bring trophies. Those trophies bring legacies.

It is maybe something you don't want to aknowledge but this is a truth. No pauper club has achieved anything or, if by a miracle they did, their best players got poached soon after.

But that's exactly what I am saying. What I am trying to say here is that players are lured primarily by money (if not exclusively) And yes, you are right in that AC Milan built and many others built their legacy when they had money.

But there can be no doubt that clubs such as Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Real Zaragoza have a legacy, are a point of reference and football fans in the know are all aware of it. But ultimately, yes, no player will go to Forest or Zaragoza because they won European titles decades ago. Football players have a very limited time to make it count financially, and chase money like crazy. That's exactly the point I was making in multiple posts on this thread.

BenRobbins

Dude's using "shit hole" and "it's not only my opinion, a lot of people think the same thing !!!!" in the same sentence. Man, Baldwin's Trump impersonation is getting duller and duller by the minute.

Just my opinion from several visits, thats all. Im sure there might be lovely areas i just havent had the pleasure to visit. Same as when people say Manchester is horrible, there is actually some really nice areas in which the footballers live. My opinion is formed off actually visiting the places being talked about, half the people saying stuff about Manchester probably have not been there. Just adding a bit of balance to the discussion.
[MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION]

Jair Ventura

A legacy is achieved through time. PSG need some decades of being at the top. They haven't even reached near the top, let alone been at the top. Once they reach the top, they need to stay there for long enough to compare with the really big prestigious clubs.

PSG have the most important ingredient in achieving sporting success, and the one that is the easiest to procure for the arab investors. Money. The other factors that shape a great football club will be achieved the hard way, in time.

It's gonna be hard for PSG to be at the top playing in Ligue 1, where the 2nd best team from one year is fighting against relegation in the next year. Ligue 1 is really not a competition that has the pedigree of the Spanish, British, Italian and German leagues.

- PSG is the only club in one of the largest, most romanticized cities in the world

- PSG is stationed in the most talent laden(far and away) metropolis on its side of the world

- PSG has developed it's brand to such an extent that the aforementioned talents want to wear its colors

PSG doesn't need "decades" at the top to become a premier club. What they need is international icons like Neymar and Mbappé(Chose PSG over Real Madrid, making my point) to wear its shirt, thereby attracting the admiration of the talents I described above. Players win trophies after all, not badges.

Finally, France has the strongest academies and deepest talent pool in all of Europe. And it isn't close. All Ligue 1 ever needed was investment to return to where it was in the 90's, and they've found it.

George_Costanza

LMAO!! That's what we get when we have a coach never drop senior players no matter how bad they play. FDJ thinks he would be benched for a player like Rakitic.

[tw]1085615764453974016[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'd like to see some hard evidence of PSG's so-called brand power. Outside of France and France's former African colonies and the fanboy-Brazil, what kind of brand power and fanbase does PSG have? I'd like to see some numbers.

Home of Barca Fans