21 - Frenkie de Jong

khaled_a_d

Well Spain dominated the world with our style and without Messi and won 3 international competitions in a row.

Did Spain really played our style? They featured huge number of Barca players but I never felt they played same way. They were playing more EV style (which most here doesn't believe it should be called Barca style)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Did Spain really played our style? They featured huge number of Barca players but I never felt they played same way. They were playing more EV style (which most here doesn't believe it should be called Barca style)

Del Bosque’s Spain totally played like Pep’s Barca, even slower.
Luis Aragones’ Spain was more direct.

khaled_a_d

Del Bosque’s Spain totally played like Pep’s Barca, even slower.
Luis Aragones’ Spain was more direct.

Was slower, more conservative too, which I don't think it make it our style.
Xavi was almost AM at times to play in front of Busquets & Alonso alone made it totally different dynamic IMO

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Was slower, more conservative too, which I don't think it make it our style.
Xavi was almost AM at times to play in front of Busquets & Alonso alone made it totally different dynamic IMO

Still, a team with Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol, Busi, Villa, even Pedro as key players is going to resemble Barca's style more than anything else. In the World cup their offense was kind of bogged down but in 2008 and 2012 they had great tournaments.

Sorin

We played the same shit ffs. Now we're rewriting history books? We simply had Messi which turned that often sterile possession of Spain into goals regularly for Barca.

The things you read around here, honestly.

BBZ8800

Why do you even support Barca?

If everything is so wrong about having a style and staying true to it, why don't you just support some other team?

Because I fell in love with Barca before we played "our style".
When you say "our style", let me guess, you are thinking about Pep's style.
As if Pep's style equals Barca.

Van Gaal's Barca or Rijkaard's Barca is way closer to my ideas than Pep's Barca.
Even though that Barca was quite successful, imo, that style is dead.

Well Spain dominated the world with our style and without Messi and won 3 international competitions in a row.

Fine.
That style worked BOTH for Spain and Barca for a period of 4-5 years.
After that BOTH Spain and Barca started to struggle with that style. Even though smartasses will reply: we haven't even played that style after 2012'.
Or: the style is fine, we just need to run, move and press more.

A Million dollar question: why did Spain started to suck with this mighty style in the last few years?
I will give you my answer:
1. because that style worked for a short period of time when the opponents were surprised and had no clue how to defend against it.
Later the opponents slowly figured out how to stop our style and it become way less efficient.
2. the 2nd part of a story is: Xavi and Iniesta. Xavi was a brain of TikiTaka.
With Xavi, TikiTaka worked and made sense.
Without Xavi, Barca's TikiTaka is a badcopy of itself, and with Spain: the same story.
3. the 3rd factor, not with Spain, but with Barca is: Messi.
That style is usually good, but not good for the CL titles, unless if Messi will produce wonders as always.
Without Messi, you just have a style pleasing for an eye, but not too efficient on the highest level.

Let's go back to your post, do you have a logical answer: why Spain started to suck in the last 4-5 years?
= they have MORE light, technical players at their disposal than Barca.
At Barca, people can use alibies like: we have Rakitic. TikiTaka has not been figured out. It is just that we suck.
Fine, we have Lucho, Ev and Rakitic.
What about Spain then.
They have all these mighty, light, technical midfielders and wingers and they suck hard in terms of results, from the moment when the world figured out Pep's style.

And for the end, how on Earth are you guys planning to win a CL with Pep's style:
1. without Messi in the future
2. without Xavi (and Iniesta), who made TikiTaka working
3. when the opponents have figured us out
4. when the football evolved even more than 10 years ago when Pep was here and it became even more physical and demanding than then, with players needing to be true athletes.

That doesn't mean that I want ugly football and Stoke's tactics.
But the future of football is physicality mixed with technique.
And physique 9/10 with technique 9/10 will on larger samples win over Barca's style technique 10/10 and physique 5/10.

We will eventually move on and trade some of Xaviesque beauty for a player who is not 10/10 technical, but 9/10 technical and way less physical.
If he can be 10/10 in both, fine.
If not, you need to lose a few percentages somewhere.

But a midfield consisted of light De Jong, short Arthur and air-light Coutinho will be able to play serious CL football only on Fifa and Manager games.

** Also, for all guys who are asking "why are you Barca's fan", now, once again, DOES a team from the next video looks like Barca to you?
Since a lot of things are "wrong" with that team:
Attack:
Kluivert 188cm
Rivaldo 186cm
Dani Garcia 183cm
Figo 180cm
--------------
Midfield:
Cocu 185cm
Litmanen 183cm
Guardiola 180cm
-------------
Defense:
Bogarde 188cm

So, a team with way too tall players, and some quite physical guys.
Yet, we played beautiful, as always. And won 2 La Ligas in 3 years under Van Gaal.
Someone will say: they haven't won a CL.
Well, they didn't have Messi. Even Pep can't win a CL without Messi.

April 2000; barcelona:Valencia 3:0 (Valencia were CL finalists in 2000 and 2001):

So, guys, is a team from a video from above: a Barca for you?
Since, when I am asking for something closer to Van Gaal's and Rijkaard's teams, you are always asking: why are you Barca's fan?

I am confused now.

CatalinR10

Because I fell in love with Barca before we played "our style".
When you say "our style", let me guess, you are thinking about Pep's style.
As if Pep's style equals Barca.

Van Gaal's Barca or Rijkaard's Barca is way closer to my ideas than Pep's Barca.
Even though that Barca was quite successful, imo, that style is dead.

Fine.
That style worked BOTH for Spain and Barca for a period of 4-5 years.
After that BOTH Spain and Barca started to struggle with that style. Even though smartasses will reply: we haven't even played that style after 2012'.
Or: the style is fine, we just need to run, move and press more.

A Million dollar question: why did Spain started to suck with this mighty style in the last few years?
I will give you my answer:
1. because that style worked for a short period of time when the opponents were surprised and had no clue how to defend against it.
Later the opponents slowly figured out how to stop our style and it become way less efficient.
2. the 2nd part of a story is: Xavi and Iniesta. Xavi was a brain of TikiTaka.
With Xavi, TikiTaka worked and made sense.
Without Xavi, Barca's TikiTaka is a badcopy of itself, and with Spain: the same story.
3. the 3rd factor, not with Spain, but with Barca is: Messi.
That style is usually good, but not good for the CL titles, unless if Messi will produce wonders as always.
Without Messi, you just have a style pleasing for an eye, but not too efficient on the highest level.

Let's go back to your post, do you have a logical answer: why Spain started to suck in the last 4-5 years?
= they have MORE light, technical players at their disposal than Barca.
At Barca, people can use alibies like: we have Rakitic. TikiTaka has not been figured out. It is just that we suck.
Fine, we have Lucho, Ev and Rakitic.
What about Spain then.
They have all these mighty, light, technical midfielders and wingers and they suck hard in terms of results, from the moment when the world figured out Pep's style.

And for the end, how on Earth are you guys planning to win a CL with Pep's style:
1. without Messi in the future
2. without Xavi (and Iniesta), who made TikiTaka working
3. when the opponents have figured us out
4. when the football evolved even more than 10 years ago when Pep was here and it became even more physical and demanding than then, with players needing to be true athletes.

That doesn't mean that I want ugly football and Stoke's tactics.
But the future of football is physicality mixed with technique.
And physique 9/10 with technique 9/10 will on larger samples win over Barca's style technique 10/10 and physique 5/10.

We will eventually move on and trade some of Xaviesque beauty for a player who is not 10/10 technical, but 9/10 technical and way less physical.
If he can be 10/10 in both, fine.
If not, you need to lose a few percentages somewhere.

But a midfield consisted of light De Jong, short Arthur and air-light Coutinho will be able to play serious CL football only on Fifa and Manager games.

** Also, for all guys who are asking "why are you Barca's fan", now, once again, DOES a team from the next video looks like Barca to you?
Since a lot of things are "wrong" with that team:
Attack:
Kluivert 188cm
Rivaldo 186cm
Dani Garcia 183cm
Figo 180cm
--------------
Midfield:
Cocu 185cm
Litmanen 183cm
Guardiola 180cm
-------------
Defense:
Bogarde 188cm

So, a team with way too tall players, and some quite physical guys.
Yet, we played beautiful, as always. And won 2 La Ligas in 3 years under Van Gaal.
Someone will say: they haven't won a CL.
Well, they didn't have Messi. Even Pep can't win a CL without Messi.

April 2000; barcelona:Valencia 3:0 (Valencia were CL finalists in 2000 and 2001):

So, guys, is a team from a video from above: a Barca for you?
Since, when I am asking for something closer to Van Gaal's and Rijkaard's teams, you are always asking: why are you Barca's fan?

I am confused now.

i didn't read your post but judging by that vid and stats I asume that you think we won't stand a chance with small technical midfielders but with tall players we will , based on that 3-0 win in 2000 ?

Lmao , your ideal barca didn't win shit with tall players . From 1999/ 2000 season till 2003/2004 barca finished 2nd - 4th - 4th -6th -2nd in la liga. Thanks for the offer but i'll rather have 170 -175 cm midfielders who know how to play than 185 cm players who are slow as fuck like Rabiot and others.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
With all these rumors flying around about him, I sure hope we did ourselves a favor by having a positive continues contacts with him and his family. There's a lot of pressure on these youngsters from different corners, it could just be those prior investments that anchors him to choose us.

Givenchy

With all these rumors flying around about him, I sure hope we did ourselves a favor by having a positive continues contacts with him and his family. There's a lot of pressure on these youngsters from different corners, it could just be those prior investments that anchors him to choose us.

it'll all come down to his ambitions as a footballer. join the club you were born to play for, huge fan also and win la ligas, CLs playing with style (once we get rid of you know who) or join a state backed club big fish in a little pond for $$$. I've seen fans of other clubs even say 'i rather he join Barca or City, atleast we'll get to see his talent'

I hope Barca are in talks with him and Rabiot is just a smokescreen, a big ugly smokescreen but nothing would suprise me

Home of Barca Fans