21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
De Jong is good at advancing the ball from deep positions, I am talking about press resistance.

Moreover, I see no urgent point in getting him unless him or Arthur are going to play as the CDM. Both De Jong and Arthur are pretty conservative with the ball and firstly worried about keeping the possession. For me, De Jong does not possess the needed characteristics (like flair and killer balls, not adventurous enough) to play as an advanced mid. As a CDM though I think he will look good.

Neither does Rakitic(he's pathetic in key passes and chances created if you want to use stats as well), but he's an indisputable starter for us and him playing safe passes all day long is deemed as a very good game by you :shrug:

de Jong has the ability to play killer passes and would complement Coutinho and Arthur well in a midfield IMO. A player that can play different positions as a CM and CDM.

BBZ8800

Arthur is a pivot now?

:lol:

A defensive minded midfielder who's main strengths are keeping possession and getting the ball from our box into the opponent's half.

Buying Frenkie makes sense ONLY if Arthur will be dropped or if one of those two will play as a pivot.

Then we need a 3rd guy, a creator, an attacking minded Cm.

Busi, Arthur and Frenkie are not that guy.

BBZ8800

Coutinho. Gotta move back into an AM position as he cannot play as a LW.

You are solving one problem (passes and off the ball movement) and creating tons of new ones.

Am I allowed to mention physicality in Frenkie-Cou-Arthur trio?
Two are very short.
Two and a half are light.
Two have questionable stamina.
Defensive corners?
Arial duels?
Two are choirboys.

DonAK

You are solving one problem (passes and off the ball movement) and creating tons of new ones.

Two are very short.
Defensive corners?
Arial duels?
Two are choirboys.

Can you please get over your obsession with physicality? Yes, having physicality as well is important, but it's not the end of the World.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Two are very short.
Defensive corners?
Arial duels?
Two are choirboys.

Are you ever gonna post a single opinion worth taking seriously? Or reply to me when I post facts/stats that make your posts look silly? You seem to ignore it every time I do, but then come back with "choirboy", "weak", "slow", "short", all over again.

At times it's like you're a bot, just copy pasting the same tired dogmas of how slow and weak and soft every technical player is.

Joan

Coutinho. Gotta move back into an AM position as he cannot play as a LW.

He plays as a LF. The position he's been the most familiar with throughout his career. Anyways, I wouldn't trust Arthur de Jong Coutinho midfield for the reasons BBZ specified.

I was trolling (a bit). Don't expect Rakitić to start next season, we should move on.

DonAK

He plays as a LF. The position he's been the most familiar with throughout his career. Anyways, I wouldn't trust Arthur de Jong Coutinho midfield for the reasons BBZ specified.

I was trolling (a bit). Don't expect Rakitić to start next season, we should move on.

Ajax's midfield is not as physically impressive as Bayern's, yet they have controlled and for the most part dominated the midfield game through movement, high IQ play and good one touch passing.

This physicality obsession is absurd. We tried that and still flopped. Our problem is the lack of creativity, mobility and movement off the ball. Too slow passing the ball taking a dozen extra touches.

Donatello

Not worth 75M at all. He isn't that good atm.

Wouldn't even mind if PSG or City are willing to pay that much.

Tbh Ziyech is under appreciated imo, he is very impressive nonetheless.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans