21 - Frenkie de Jong

mia7007

Df2WcGdWsAYCPqz.jpg

It's sport so take it for what it's worth but I think De Jong and Thiago would be a brilliant summer.
Add De Light and selling Gomes, Rafinha, Marlon and loan Mina will make it perfect

Givenchy

Add De Light and selling Gomes, Rafinha, Marlon and loan Mina will make it perfect

De Jong, De Ligt and Thiago. i rate Frankie but we need a world class midfielder while he progresses. missing out on Griezmann could really be a blessing in disguise if our board take their head out their ass.

mia7007

De Jong, De Ligt and Thiago. i rate Frankie but we need a world class midfielder while he progresses. missing out on Griezmann could really be a blessing in disguise if our board take their head out their ass.
Thiago is the WC midfielder till De Jong and Arthur reach the high point to take over from Busi and Raki

gregorrin10

If we manage to get Thiago and De Jong (which would be perfect) we can calmly even wait on Arthur until January, even though it would be better for him and us to get him now and integrate him until January already. But yeah, getting these 3 and selling off Gomes and Rafinha this summer, and then also Paulinho by next summer, that would be masterstroke business for me. And if Alena comes through we can even sell Denis in January or next summer as well, depending on how much he and Alena play and perform during this season, when they do play. Even though i wouldn't mind Denis staying beyond too, if he's content with playing just 10-20 games per season, kinda like it is with Cillessen.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

If we manage to get Thiago and De Jong (which would be perfect) we can calmly even wait on Arthur until January, even though it would be better for him and us to get him now and integrate him until January already. But yeah, getting these 3 and selling off Gomes and Rafinha this summer, and then also Paulinho by next summer, that would be masterstroke business for me. And if Alena comes through we can even sell Denis in January or next summer as well, depending on how much he and Alena play and perform during this season, when they do play. Even though i wouldn't mind Denis staying beyond too, if he's content with playing just 10-20 games per season, kinda like it is with Cillessen.

Alena, Arthur and Frenkie won't play 30 matches combined in the next season.

Not to mention how many years it will take for any of them to be a starter material and if that will ever happen.

So, I would slow down with selling all other, mostly decent, useful and experienced midfielders.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Not to mention how many years it will take for any of them to be a starter material and if that will ever happen.

So, I would slow down with selling all other, mostly decent, useful and experienced midfielders.

No, sell Rafinha, Gomes and Denis.

MTL_Barca

Where are we hiding these useful midfielders you are talking about

gregorrin10

Where are we hiding these useful midfielders you are talking about

Exactly! Gomes is obviously a lost cause, Rafinha i like, and he can be useful, when fit. But he can't stay fit for a whole season, and isn't THAT great. And the same goes for Denis, without the fitness issues. He may show flashes of usefulness, but he clearly won't ever be good enough to be anything than a squad player in a first class club like Barca. A second or third class club like Napoli or Villarreal he can be great for, but not Barca. That said, if he's content on playing only those 10-20 games per season and on low wages, i guess he could stay, but i don't see much point in sticking with him, not to mention he could really hinder Alena's development.

All these players have had at least 2 years in our club and have shown time and time again that they can't cut it, let it be because of fitness, consistency, or quality issues. It's time to cut our losses and move on, tired of having all these mediocre quantity of players contracted to our club, pulling great wages (we all know we have the highest wages in world football), but not contributing enough to be earning them.

Especially when there's great young players like De Jong and Arthur and La Masia graduates like Alena, who seem to fit our style perfectly (Arthur) and would love to play for us (De Jong), not to mention, are of great quality for their age and will only get better, you can just see it when watching them (especially De Jong and Alena, i'm not that sure about Arthur yet).

Last edited:

George_Costanza

[tw]1012236342380523523[/tw]
-Barça’s intentions are crystal clear: to lock de Jong up so other clubs don’t sign him, and secure his signature for the club. Frenkie will continue at Ajax for another year to gain experience after coming off an ankle injury. [md]

-Barça want to secure his signing now because Ronald Koeman will play him as a starter and will have many suitors waiting for him. Ajax know this because Robert Fernández communicated it to Marc Overmars, their sporting director, months ago. [md]

-Frenkie de Jong wants to play for Barcelona, the club he’s most attracted to, but doesn’t want to leave Ajax on bad terms. [md]

-Pep Segura bets on him and the club even asked expert agent Rob Jansen to mediate for the club. Ajax is now more willing to sell Matthjis de Ligt than de Jong. The solution could be to sign a preferential midfielder like they did with Arthur. [md]

Home of Barca Fans