21 - Frenkie de Jong

Raketa10

Never mind Frenkie, I don't think most young talented players will be attracted to Barcelona. We aren't the same anymore.

Can't blame him for not choosing Barca.

I don't think anyone would blame him for not choosing Barca alone but choosing PSG come on...

raskolnikov

Imagine a world where there was no psg unlimited oil money and we had a competent board. So many great potential Barca dna players wasted. We will probably chase De Jong again in a few years.

Messigician

PSG pay really well. No one can deny that. One bad injury and it's all over for a footballers career so i giess i can't blame Mbappe and De Jong for choosing dirty money over success.

George_Costanza

Nonsense. His agent is not like Pizza boy who happens to be De Ligt's agent. Frenkie's agent is the father of a player that played at youth level comparable to De Jon, he befriended the family & Frenkie - the player & his family have every confidence in him to do everything in the best interests of the player and what his wishes are. Important to realize, Frenkie will decide what he does next not his agent, not Ajax or anyone else. This is a level headed kid

I remember saying that his agent will be whoring him to the biggest bidder and [MENTION=711]FCBarca[/MENTION] replied this is a level-headed kid and his agent is the Jerry Maguire. Now, news comes saying the kid looking for a big payday and his agent even demands a bigger commission for himself. Very disappointing!

I'm ready to jump Pogba or Rabiot wagon if the demand is reasonable.

mc_lovin

Would have loved him here. He is for me the best midfield talent around (together with Arthur). Shame, really. But we are not entitled to players - if he wants to go somewhere else, fine. I wont blame the board too much, 75m is a lot. And we have other priorities as well.

Devils

With all the young midfield talent that Barca has in its pipeline, I wouldn't break the bank for this guy either.

wisconsincule

For everyone saying PSG pay really well?? Uh don’t we spend more than 100million more than the next highest (Real Madrid) on player salaries lol.

vlad

PSG pay really well. No one can deny that. One bad injury and it's all over for a footballers career so i giess i can't blame Mbappe and De Jong for choosing dirty money over success.

Barca gives highest salarys, so its not about money

When it comes to football, barca also isnt the most atractive destination these days

Vahue

For everyone saying PSG pay really well?? Uh don’t we spend more than 100million more than the next highest (Real Madrid) on player salaries lol.
[tw]1067125690762444800[/tw]
So no problem giving Rabiot 13m a year :bartomeu:

Missing out on De Jong is a blow but now Barca should have some trust in their own youth talent. Rabiot isn't a solution to anything.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans