21 - Frenkie de Jong

Ursegor

World Champion
Ok. Let's sign Rabiot then, so Valverde can play his dream midfield of Rakitić-Rabiot-Busi... We saw how a similar version of this played against PSV and Villarreal. Not that they only can't create for shit, they can't even retain the ball and are slow AF.

The ideal midfield right now would be Arthur, Rakitic, Vidal.

Busquets looks done in the big games more often than not but he's Busquets after all so you never know if he can deliver again.

Rakitic I trust when push comes to shove, he's a big game player.

I don't know shit about Rabiot, can't bring myself to watch obscure leagues. But if he comes for free it's a different story than breaking the bank for a Dutch guy. The league has produced more flops than any other league.

FCBfan22

The ideal midfield right now would be Arthur, Rakitic, Vidal.

Busquets looks done in the big games more often than not but he's Busquets after all so you never know if he can deliver again.

Rakitic I trust when push comes to shove, he's a big game player.

I don't know shit about Rabiot, can't bring myself to watch obscure leagues. But if he comes for free it's a different story than breaking the bank for a Dutch guy. The league has produced more flops than any other league.

The ideal way of managing the current midfield would be to rotate Busi and Raki one game each and play other midfielders in front. But Valverde is too blind to see that and they will both die come CL knockouts.

cro-man

If they can make rabiot stay or sell him to someone else now so we dont get him it would be too funny to see bartos face:lol: Still i am truly shocked that so many guys are choosing the france league. They are actually only living for champions league and thats it. Choosing psg is a lifetime decision and you have to wait till your contract is done and till than psg will do everything to break you and bench you if you want to move:lol: Didnt expect him to chooose that quick considering there is so much time left between now and summer. Dream club my ass....

Cule4life

The Culest
I watched some of De Jong and he doesn't look a 75 million break the bank type of player at all.

While you were away the football market was fucked by the oil clubs and 75m for a talent like De Jong is pretty much par for the course. You may cry about it but it's not gonna change anything.

You'd rather get the diva Rabiot on a free on huge wages than Frenkie. Just shows your judgement really. Yeah Rabiot will totally provide those defence splitting passes that Frenkie can't :lol:

in a position where you can put Casemiro and win 3 CLs in a row

Wait what now DM is not an important position at all? :lol: Casemiro is not a terrible player btw he suits Madrid perfectly, not to much mention Madrid's insane luck in CL. But making sweeping statements without context is your forte.

One decent game from us (German NT) after a long time and De Jong already looked in trouble.

No shit sherlock Frenkie is not the finished article. I wonder what would you have said when Messi wasn't putting in 10/10 performances every match at 21.

But since your boy Rabiot (never)bullies the farmers in Ligue 1 day in day out you've a point :lol:

I'm getting déjà-vus from last year's Seri hype where people went ape shit that the club was only offering 20M instead of the 40M buyout clause for the apparent "next Xavi".

Sweeping statements and generalizing without context. Touche.

We were desperate for MF reinforcements that time so lower standards. Not the case now.

Not to mention by that standard we should never invest in exciting prospects to avoid risk. I am beginning to see why you like Fraudverde now...

I'm also of the opinion that Arthur would make a great Busquets successor and we should look for midfielders with a much better eye for the final ball. With De Jong and Arthur we'd have 2 players who can't create for shit in the middle of the pitch. Once Messi is gone we'll turn into prime LVG's Manchester United sideway passing machine with these players.

Arthur can still add the final ball to his arsenal. We have to wait and see. Just because he can handle the press doesn't mean we stick him at DM.

Raketa10

On a serious note , I would have perfectly understood if he went to City instead of Barcelona. But going to PSG is just dumb. If it's true ofc. ( From what I am reading the guy who reported this is pretty reliable)

This!!! WTF? What the actual fuck??? PSG really??? Come on Frenkie don't be THAT stupid!

Raketa10

Huge Barca fan, is that the guy?

Huge MONEY fan it seams. This is sad, IMHO he fits Barca perfectly and now we'll get Rabiot. :(

He could have chosen Barca, Bayern, Real or at least Pep and he is going to QSG?!?! I am truly sad that kids these days only care about the money and nothing else. Pathetic! I still hope it's not true though...

Last edited:

ini4ever

there's a new, updated article https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2888773/psg-bereid-om-75-miljoen-euro-voor-frenkie-de-jong-te-betalen

tldr:

PSG will pay 75 million to Ajax, easily breaking the Eredivisie record set by Davidson Sanchez. His former club Willem II will receive 15%, which effectively doubles their budget.

• Manchester City also held a lot of talks with de Jong, his agent and Ronald Koeman. De Jong was really charmed by Pep and seemed ready to sign with them. However, while the club believes they won't get punished for breaching FFP, it made them less anxious to spend a transfer record fee on him and the deal slowed down, which led PSG to strike.

• PSG made de Jong excited through their plans with him that the team will play to make him function as best as possible, as well as the charm offensive of Maxwell (ex-Ajax) and Mbappe.

• As said in the title, Barca never came close to the demands and de Jong and his agent were both surprised at the many covers on Spanish newspapers when the deal was dead months ago

EDIT: I updated the tldr with better and complete translation.
Well there's no report on Barca actually trying to do some serious negotiations, that's embarrassing.

He could have chosen Barca, Bayern, Real or at least Pep and he is going to QSG?!?!

Well it's not like players go .. "KNOCK KNOCK" Im willing to join your club please sign me up! Clubs should show their interests in the player first, the manager or board talk to the player and the fallowing things you would to do actually to buy the player and PSG seemed to have done the process quickly props to them.

Last edited:

FC433

I would not really mind losing him, but I am very concerned that we are losing him because we are getting Rabiot. That is just very sad and not acceptable.

Raketa10

So it looks like we never wanted to sign both, focus on Rabiot + De Ligt instead maybe.

That's not true. We have tried numerous times last summer to sign him. There was even a joke with that Overmars video and 4 months later we completely lost interest??? Something is fishy here. Either we are idiots or he wanted more money.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

That's not true. We have tried numerous times last summer to sign him. No way we lost interest 4 months later.
Our board is apathic and always late. Prefering Rabiot or chasibg Veratti another summer is more in line. The post Messi era will be hard on us.

MTL_Barca

That's not true. We have tried numerous times last summer to sign him. There was even a joke with that Overmars video and 4 months later we completely lost interest??? Something is fishy here.

I mean for next summer for a very big fee like 75M. I mean what was reported last summer? That we bid like 25M or so? I don't think we lost interest but maybe we backed away from it when we found out he doesn't only want to join us and Ajax wants that much money.

Maybe we already secured Rabiot behind the scenes so didn't seriously go for De Jong. Out bidding PSG is crazy anyway, so if Frenkie wants to join them or at least doesn't care that much to what club he goes it's maybe better to not overpay massively here.

I really want Frenkie at Barca but it's not looking good. Hope we at least secure De Ligt becaus i'm worried on what players we spend all the money coming in otherwise lol

So for the summer something like De Ligt + Rabiot + a Striker? Wouldn't sound too bad.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Well it's not like players go .. "KNOCK KNOCK" Im willing to join your club please sign me up! Clubs should show their interests in the player first, the manager or board talk to the player and the fallowing things you would to do actually to buy the player and PSG seemed to have done the process quickly props to them.

Even if that's the case , staying at Ajax is a better option than going to PSG if you have any type of big ambitions as a player.

Home of Barca Fans