21 - Frenkie de Jong

MTL_Barca

Now this is a good source for once compared to MD, Sportbild etc so it might just be true. Would suck but it's not like i expected that we can pull off to get both. But thought he'd go to City.

We'll probably just get Rabiot by paying him more than 10M net per season and then maybe sign De Ligt. But he could also just end up rejecting us because we already have Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet.

Can't be mad about the price, we blew almost 300 million on Cou and Dembele and can barely get one to work and have a coach that has absolutely no plan to includes both of them at once.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I don't believe one bit of it. It's way too early to decide anything.

There's no logic in both deciding this now, and choosing PSG over Barca/City. He'll make a lot of money anyway.

Frenkie is too smart to throw his career away in France.

After reading a bit more about it, it seems like:
- City were not willing to offer 75M because of FFP and instead dropped out
- Barca didn't offer enough to Ajax and were never in the race

So in conclusion, Frenkie didn't have any choice but PSG. Which now makes the transfer logical.

raskolnikov

After reading a bit more about it, it seems like:
- City were not willing to offer 75M because of FFP and instead dropped out
- Barca didn't offer enough to Ajax and were never in the race

So in conclusion, Frenkie didn't have any choice but PSG. Which now makes the transfer logical.
He could have easily waited. I rather see him at City than QSC.

Cule4life

The Culest
tenor.gif

messi2140

6racies Xavi
On a serious note , I would have perfectly understood if he went to City instead of Barcelona. But going to PSG is just dumb. If it's true ofc. ( From what I am reading the guy who reported this is pretty reliable)

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Could you give some examples of players who look special to you?

You mean other than the already established names? No, I don't watch obscure leagues. But after all the hype I watched some of De Jong and he doesn't look a 75 million break the bank type of player at all, even less so in a position where you can put Casemiro and win 3 CLs in a row. One decent game from us (German NT) after a long time and De Jong already looked in trouble. I'm getting déjà-vus from last year's Seri hype where people went ape shit that the club was only offering 20M instead of the 40M buyout clause for the apparent "next Xavi".

I'm also of the opinion that Arthur would make a great Busquets successor and we should look for midfielders with a much better eye for the final ball. With De Jong and Arthur we'd have 2 players who can't create for shit in the middle of the pitch. Once Messi is gone we'll turn into prime LVG's Manchester United sideway passing machine with these players.

FCBfan22

With De Jong and Arthur we'd have 2 players who can't create for shit in the middle of the pitch. Once Messi is gone we'll turn into prime LVG's Manchester United sideway passing machine with these players.

Ok. Let's sign Rabiot then, so Valverde can play his dream midfield of Rakitić-Rabiot-Busi... We saw how a similar version of this played against PSV and Villarreal. Not that they only can't create for shit, they can't even retain the ball and are slow AF.

Home of Barca Fans